What's new

A PLAAF Su-27UBK crashed during training, landed on beach and two pilots ki

May God rest their souls and give patience to their families and loved ones ...ameen.

Sounds like somebody tried to use the beach as an emergency runway. That almost never works out.

I seriously doubt the possibility of their using the beach as an emergency runway. By looking at the crash location and the surrounding area, I'd say it is very possible that the two pilots decided not to eject because they did not want the plane to crash into the nearby bridge or residential area and cause serious collateral damage. When they reached the shore, it was probably too late for them to eject safely.

But this is just my guesstimate. Will wait for more info. .

RIP to them.

RIP to both pilots, a very sad incident and condolence to the families of fallen soldiers.

They should have ejected, life is always more precious than cold machine. RIP, may god bless them!

If I were in this kind of situation, my first choice would be to eject.

If that is not possible and I am close to water, I would prefer to ditch in water than to force land a jet fighter on the beach.

Fighters are not designed for forced landings as the landing speed is too high for such activity.

Makes perfect sense.... another thing usually tried are landings on a highway (provided the highways are good quality and won't crumble under the weight of the aircraft).

Gripen is specifically designed to be able to land on swedish highways.

In any case, water landing is much better than sand on the beach - it won't dissipate the energy slowly over a reasonable distance.

Does anyone know, why they needed to crash land .. what went wrong - engine?, FBW?, ??

RIP-
fcuk the plane- They should have ejected- Sad Incident-

Loss of life is always sad,
RIP to soldier of nation.

RIP and respect to those pilots who tried saving the plane.

Wouldn't this news cause the PLAAF to ground all Su-27UBK (and possibly J-11BS)?

Back
Top Bottom