What's new

Pakistan will soon get the J-10B

It has a smaller diamond shaped nose section (as compared to the J-20 diamond nose, still bigger than current JFT nose) and slightly modified DSI intakes, this indicates that frontal RCS has been reduced dramatically and my guess is it should be less than Gripen NG. You can also check huitong's page, JFT section, which is always an excellent read on Chinese weapon systems

so the CG of JFT floating around in forums is true depiction of JFT?
815841183773401kp5.jpg

I am getting org*smic now! Iv never been a big fan of the JF-17's nose (looks wise). My heart was almost broken when, supposedly, it was proven on this forum that no new stealthier version of the JF-17 was going to be developed.......but.....voilà! (though its still not official). I love this Chinese-Pakistani tag team we have going on here. Every few months they are giving us a new reason to start jumping around like little kids drugged up on sugar! Now if they could just put those slanted,twin-vertical stabs on too! For this once I don't care how the babe performs im just too much in love with the way it looks (in the concept drawings and of course in my head :D)

@ waqas..

thats why i posted the cg in the main jft thread , as this 'fan boy' stuff might be closer to reality!

Sir Nabil and guys.. can you get me one thing clear plz

Does reduced RCS equally mean it will be hard for the AAMS (which are fired at the aircraft) to keep that in sight or is that only going to be for the "advantage" of enemy ground/AWACS radars?

And when we say reduced RSC, does that mean RCS from the front only or from all sides of aircraft. In my understanding we refer to frontal RCS only. Ya?

so the CG of JFT floating around in forums is true depiction of JFT?
815841183773401kp5.jpg
keeping all things aside like Frontal RCS etc, the most significant development of "J-20" like nose is possibility of installation of LPI radar. If i can recall the comments of a USAF pilot ,"Switching radar is just like lighting a torch in a dark room" it become clear why is it so essential to have an LPI radar on an aircraft. There interesting thing about Raptor is that its radar cone is made of materials which allow the radar to send an receive its signals but prohibits any other radar's signals to enter in its radar cone, another technological marvel that others know little about. Its not necessary to understand that even though nose cone is hiding the radar plate, however, the presence of radar does add to RCS as signals do penetrate the nose cone and are reflected by radar. So if Chinese are able to match US on this, this in itself, is another quantum leap as having an LPI radar means you have more chance to shoot first and thus more chance of survival

Back
Top Bottom