What's new

A PLAAF Su-27UBK crashed during training, landed on beach and two pilots ki

Seems like they were trying to bring it in for a safe landing using the beach as a runway... but that did not work out.
The aircraft is burnt out, but largely intact.
And to a mishap investigator, that is significant. It most likely mean that whoever was actually AT the control, and for convenience's sake let us call it 'the pilot', was IN control. There is a difference and I learned that when in training for mishap investigation. When investigating dual cockpits that have dual controls, and some dual cockpit aircrafts do not have dual controls, the control override switch position is important.

If this is a training flight, the student pilot can be in either cockpit, depending on his training status.

If this is a familiarization flight for the FNG (fracking new guy) who is probably an experienced pilot himself, then the FNG is in front.

If this is a 'functional check flight' (FCF), then both cockpits must be occupied. The goal of an FCF is to certify the aircraft to be 'mission qualified' from whatever it was that disqualified it in the first place. Periodic 'phase maintenance' is one such disqualification. In this case, both cockpits must be manned by experienced pilots.

If this is a proficiency flight for a senior commander, flag officers usually fly a few hours a month to maintain minimum proficiency and to earn that flight pay and the PLAAF is probably no different from other air forces, then in this case, usually the flag officer is in the rear and an IP in front. If not an IP then a very senior pilot.

No matter which, the control override switch position is important. In an emergency, one cockpit must be able to have master command. That cockpit may not actually executed any commands and only flight data examination can tell, but the investigation must be satisfied that someone had override authority. So just because the front cockpit was AT the control, that does not mean it was IN control. The rear cockpit with the IP could have been in override authority and was actually executing maneuvers.

Forgive me for my ignorant question, But as far as I know China (communists). These kind of information are kept secret. I was surprised to see openness of chinese government..

Forgive me for my ignorant question, But as far as I know China (communists). These kind of information are kept secret. I was surprised to see openness of chinese government..
If you looked at the pictures, the aircraft was spewing smoke, so that mean the picture was taken pretty much in the immediate aftermath of the crash, then uploaded to the Internet. Too late.

If you looked at the pictures, the aircraft was spewing smoke, so that mean the picture was taken pretty much in the immediate aftermath of the crash, then uploaded to the Internet. Too late.
already report by cctv,Idiot

102488134.jpg

102488136.jpg

102488138.jpg

102488142.jpg

Oh.... RIP :(

Why not let the dam thing fall in water and bail out ??? Loss of the life of pilot is costlier than a plane itself

Back
Top Bottom