What's new

A few Siachen facts and bluffs!

Isn't Gyong La a part of Siachen?

Gyong La is below Siachen, while Giyari is below still, at the entrance to Gyong La.

Don't know who your provider in Pakistan is (seems a bit higher than a normal connection in Pakistan) but I can tell you this - while I don't know how big your house is or how much you eat, you certainly surf the internet at a lower speed than me.:D

Now is dat a Siachen Effect? :D

What kind of a name is Koomar anyway?
Why not a good old British name like Abott or Dooley?
yahsH9GYuTfvdR1Psi1LkugBWXZGiN6JgjG-qvkYTJLgztfpWodI4WMUWdePkfWuU-We3pJZvdEFMHYbISa52iZihfSbsD--UL_a2wuwBQ56=w450-h300-nc

If you look at it clearly from a strategic PoV. Who cares about legitimacy?
Pakistan wanted essentially create a larger corridor to/for China; who did/do not mind the idea.The secondary benefits being the insurgent launching pad that Siachen might be against IoK. The benefits of it are many fold and well worth their weight. India knows this and was/is rightfully seriously concerned about it, and hence willing to spend the multiple millions it does to maintain its superiority in the area.

If I am Pakistan and have a mortal enemy like India(more so with the increasing hateful Indian population), I would keep trying to undermine the Indian position in the sector regardless of the futlity of it or not. If anything, it serves as keeping attention focused whilst other manoeuvres may be carried out elsewhere.

Isn't Gyong La a part of Siachen?

No, it isn't. It is a pass in the Saltoro ridge southwest of the Siachen glacier.

Now is dat a Siachen Effect? :D

Well....some effect....:D Internet speed seemed the only reasonable point to make to his statement.

Shan-e-ibrahim said:
I am using Internet, I am eating better than you, I am enjoying better life than you. Even in Pakistan, I surely have bigger house than yours, and most of people in Pakistan are rich enough. We don't take tensions. We are just 19 crores and we have more than enough to feed ourselves. We don't need too much development infrastructural. Small development does enough for us.

Pakistan wanted essentially create a larger corridor to/for China; who did/do not mind the idea.The secondary benefits being the insurgent launching pad that Siachen might be against IoK. The benefits of it are many fold and well worth their weight. India knows this and was/is rightfully seriously concerned about it, and hence willing to spend the multiple millions it does to maintain its superiority in the area.

If I am Pakistan and have a mortal enemy like India(more so with the increasing hateful Indian population), I would keep trying to undermine the Indian position in the sector regardless of the futlity of it or not. If anything, it serves as keeping attention focused whilst other manoeuvres may be carried out elsewhere.

Idea toh theek hai, miyan..... but even that requires resources!
So..... lets see how far that 'Gaddi' can be driven....

Even if there were resources available, that is a thankless task for the Pakistanis. Their positions are pretty poor with almost no success against Indian positions right from the first day. The resources now available with the Indian army is much better than at any time previously. The Pakistanis aren't sitting put out of the goodness of their hearts, they have all but given up the ghost there.

Even if there were resources available, that is a thankless task for the Pakistanis. Their positions are pretty poor with almost no success against Indian positions right from the first day. The resources now available with the Indian army is much better than at any time previously. The Pakistanis aren't sitting put out of the goodness of their hearts, they have all but given up the ghost there.

All that is common knowledge now..... Giyari just exemplified it. As for the IA; both Siachen and Kargil are well factored in already.
Status Quo will certainly be the only constant, while on the other side: diminishing returns are kicking in.
Why do you think that Kiyani said what he did ?!

That follows the watershed principle while marking boundaries. The Saltoro ridge is where any boundary would be drawn on such a basis.
Could you explain this part with the help of google map???

we are talking about this part in the map.

2.JPG

Last edited:
Why do you think that Kiyani said what he did ?!

.....because the Pakistanis are tired of telling the lie that they are on Siachen? :D A withdrawal without having to mark the AGPL will shortly be turned in their speak to, "we had all of the Siachen glacier in our hands..."

Till then:

"ISLAMABAD: The Chairman of the Senate Defence Committee, Mushahid Hussain Sayed, has criticised the Indian military establishment for sabotaging all efforts for peace in Siachen.

India, he said, had consistently rejected all proposals made by Pakistan for peace in Siachen, even in the aftermath of the Giyari tragedy.

He was addressing the troops during a visit to Siachen along with members of the committee."

Indian visa...?:lol:

As long as "Mohibul Watani" exists, and the grass in plentiful to eat.

These are excuses and twisting of words to justify Indian occupation of siachen.

We all know that any territory west of nj9842 was Pakistani territory. Glacier or no glacier.

Had it been India's territory, India would have done the same tourisim and army patrol activities on siachen which Pakistan did.

India only got active because it thought that Pakistan would consolidate that area as it's own territory.
Read this.... :)

Both India and Pakistan are committed to Siachen

India is committed to defending it and Pakistan is committed to capture it

There in lies the difference

It is morally perverse to preach the FUTILITY of war to the side that has been invaded
that is INDIA

Could you explain this part with the help of google map???

we are talking about this part in the map.

View attachment 224459

It's a well established principle and custom of demarcating borders and lines of control in mountainous areas to follow the high crest separating the two watersheds on either side. North of NJ-9842 there are two glaciers: the Siachen Glacier to the east of the high crest and the Baltoro Glacier to the west of the crest which is being discussed - the Saltoro Ridge which forms a natural watershed between the two glaciers.

Back
Top Bottom