What's new

A Chinese opportunity that India Tourism misses

Have to agree India is a great place and we loved it, will be goung back again next year. We were suprised that India is not in the top 5 tourism destinations a lack of effort and half hearted efforts by the Indian government have to be blamed, its a pity more people do not visit India.

hey. so how was your trip? where all did your family visit?

China is great so long as you can stomach their food. You are in for a huge shock if you go there expecting the same food you had in your local "Chinese restaurant" in India. :D

Especially rural China.

You just remind me that Indo Coinese cruesine is one of my favorites. Talking about food make me hungry.

Götterdämmerung;3650982 said:
I wonder why your PM once said that in five years Mumbai will surpass Shanghai. Does it mean that Mumbai, India's showpiece metropolis, is even worse than the coal mine Shanghai? And as we all witness (compare airport passenger stats MB vs. SH), the whole world is flocking to Shanghai and Mumbai still hasn't surpassed Shanghai yet and won't do that in the next decade.

Don't worry, mate, I have a very sweet time here in Shanghai – great city, great food, great shopping, great night live, and full of energy.

And you still couldn't tell me why France is ahead of everybody, although they barely speak English, they actually dislike speaking English.

MMS said that some years ago when indians were on a super-hi! He should have come out and give his updated assessment!

I remember they offer some "Mumbai slum tour" which is something new in tourism but dont know how welcome the tour is.

Wow... European slave has switched loyalties from Germany to France.

Probably because his Germany employer fired him, and he's angry with the whole country. :laugh:

Try a job in Yiwu.. you qualifications match their job requirements. :tup:

I assume you've already declared bankruptcy on your education loan .... and tracing you in Yiwu is going to be tough for any bank. ;)

What makes you think I have changed loyalty, stupid? FYI, I have never been to Yiwu and won't do so in the forseable future. The rest of your writing is pure stupidity, since you can't even answer any of my questions but going personal.

Götterdämmerung;3653145 said:
What makes you think I have changed loyalty, stupid? FYI, I have never been to Yiwu and won't do so in the forseable future. The rest of your writing is pure stupidity, since you can't even answer any of my questions but going personal.

"stupid"... wow.. did you hold a mirror admiring yourself. :laugh:

MMS said that some years ago when indians were on a super-hi! He should have come out and give his updated assessment!

I remember they offer some "Mumbai slum tour" which is something new in tourism but dont know how welcome the tour is.
Mumbai Slum Dharavi has GDP of over around $ 900 million and there is already a plan to change the slum area. Kindly pick a better example if you want to bash India. :D

You just remind me that Indo Coinese cruesine is one of my favorites. Talking about food make me hungry.
Same here. You should also try few of Indian cuisines if you like spicy food. If you ever come to India, try all.

I don't go anywhere I have to bring charcoal tablets. Don't be stupid. India isn't like the movies, life of pi, MI VI. It 's incurable TB, Delhi belly, abject poverty, stopping traffic for cows , kidnapping and rape.

Those aren't my words. Those were the reasons I heard on satellite radio yesterday for NOT ever going to India by anyone.

I don't go anywhere I have to bring charcoal tablets. Don't be stupid. India isn't like the movies, life of pi, MI VI. It 's incurable TB, Delhi belly, abject poverty, stopping traffic for cows , kidnapping and rape.

Those aren't my words. Those were the reasons I heard on satellite radio yesterday for NOT ever going to India by anyone.

Damn people don't include "3 Idiots" .... Life of Pi isn't half as good.

you usual rants are anyway passable as gibberish ....

Damn people don't include "3 Idiots" .... Life of Pi isn't half as good.

you usual rants are anyway passable as gibberish ....

Mumbai Slum Dharavi has GDP of over around $ 900 million and there is already a plan to change the slum area. Kindly pick a better example if you want to bash India. :D

It is not bashing but it is a fact. Some tours have been arranged for visitors to sighseeing the slum areas of Bombay!

Slum tour in Mumbai (India) on youtube!

But one thing that most tourists are unaware of and I think a warning must be issued to the female visitors travelling alone in india. There are numerous cases of serious sexual assaults on tourists in india!

For female tourists going to india, type these few words 11 Safety Tips for Women Living or Traveling Alone in India
to locate the message on the net or look for similar topics on the net to be informed of the situations in india

It is not bashing but it is a fact. Some tours have been arranged for visitors to sighseeing the slum areas of Bombay!
But one thing that most tourists are unaware of and I think a warning must be issued to the female visitors travelling alone in india. There are numerous cases of serious sexual assaults on tourists in india
For female tourists going to india, type these few words 11 Safety Tips for Women Living or Traveling Alone in India
to locate the message on the net or look for similar topics on the net to be informed of the situations in india
You do realize that in India, 1.2 billion people reside. So crime rates and security concerns will always be something difficult to handle. Even most developed nations like US are not safe in particular regions. Generalizing entire India over few incidents is not logical.

As for Slum tour, people wants to see poverty and we allow them to see it. We don't stop anybody to visit any part of the country unless there is security threat to the visitors at certain places. You should also admit the fact that India is open w.r.t. many countries.

When you analyze a region or county, you have to take many variables into account to make a valid conclusion. Otherwise you are misinterpreting the entire situation.

May be you should also look at other factors too. I have lived in few of the most famous tourist destination in India. So I know the ground reality of these tourist places. You come to Agra, Jaipur or any national park in Northern India likes of Ranthambhore, you will find it very safe especially for tourists.

You do realize that in India, 1.2 billion people reside. So crime rates and security concerns will always be something difficult to handle. Even most developed nations like US are not safe in particular regions. Generalizing entire India over few incidents is not logical.

As for Slum tour, people wants to see poverty and we allow them to see it. We don't stop anybody to visit any part of the country unless there is security threat to the visitors at certain places. You should also admit the fact that India is open w.r.t. many countries.

When you analyze a region or county, you have to take many variables into account to make a valid conclusion. Otherwise you are misinterpreting the entire situation.

May be you should also look at other factors too. I have lived in few of the most famous tourist destination in India. So I know the ground reality of these tourist places. You come to Agra, Jaipur or any national park in Northern India likes of Ranthambhore, you will find it very safe especially for tourists.

My quotes are based on facts and accounts of reported incidences in the media.

No, there are cases of similar crimes that happen in US but not in the same rate on tourists in USA as compared to those happening in india. Also india is where you find one of the most hiv / aids carriers in the world! That makes the cases more terrifying!

But one thing that most tourists are unaware of and I think a warning must be issued to the female visitors travelling alone in india. There are numerous cases of serious sexual assaults on tourists in india!

I agree India is generally not safe for a female travelling alone in India whether it is popular tourist place or not . And if she is a non-Indian looking, it becomes even more difficult. Unfortunate but a fact. The options are take a package tour everywhere which becomes very expensive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom