What's new

A Chinese opportunity that India Tourism misses

well the thing is indian cuisines tend to be hot and spicy and I dont like either! india is not all about food isnt it?

Incorrect, about Indian cuisines being exclusively hot and spicy. Maybe we should open Mughlai restaurants in Beijing.

And while you are right about India not being all about food, that isn't a bad theme for a tour. Rather that than the hilarious suggestion by some random idiot of a caste-oriented tour! :rofl:

Incorrect, about Indian cuisines being exclusively hot and spicy. Maybe we should open Mughlai restaurants in Beijing.

So Mughlai food is not hot and spicy. Okay I take home with that in mind and I know how to order when an opportunity comes!

It varies throughout different regions. There isn't one particular cuisine.

But most are curry flavoured, correct?

well the thing is indian cuisines tend to be hot and spicy and I dont like either! india is not all about food isnt it?
Not necessarily. Dishes in state like Gujrat are more sweet and less spicy than that in Punjab and Rajasthan. Yeah, India is not all about food. Its about weather, forests, bio-diversity in plant and animal kingdom, terrain, socio-economic diversity, religions, and many more.

People who really want to explore India actually come for months. Even to see one state, you may need one months to see all important sites leave aside normal ones. Tourist destination in my state Rajasthan itself will take an entire month.

Not necessarily. Dishes in state like Gujrat are more sweet and less spicy than that in Punjab and Rajasthan. Yeah, India is not all about food. Its about weather, forests, bio-diversity in plant and animal kingdom, terrain, socio-economic diversity, religions, and many more.

People who really want to explore India actually come for months. Even to see one state, you may need one months to see all important sites leave aside normal ones. Tourist destination in my state Rajasthan itself will take an entire month.

Your folks wear the largest turban with flaming colours! That's what I remember when seeing some pix occasionally.
And Gujrat is more like indian muslim dishes correct?

ps: your Jaipur is famous for jewelleries.

So Mughlai food is not hot and spicy. Okay I take home with that in mind and I know how to order when an opportunity comes!

Mughlai food can be cooked hot and spicy. It can also be cooked, not exactly bland, but certainly not hot, more piquant.

It will take time to get used to Indian food, how to order it, how to eat it. Andhra food, for instance, is the really hot and spicy Indian cuisine, one that other Indians fear, and it is best to avoid it until it has been learnt and understood through the tasting of components of Andhra food that happen to be shared with other styles. Bengali food is not hot, unless it is a bad cook, but is rich in oil and spices, not easy to digest in large quantities. Gujarati food will probably suit a beginner the best. Or even Rajasthani, if you get your hands on it.

Also, best to go for a set-course meal; personally, I find eating more than two or three dishes plain gluttony, but in a large group, especially with mixed vegetarians and non-vegetarians, more dishes are obviously necessary.

What is hot and spicy, anyway? Andhra is, for sure; so is Karaikudi. What else? Can someone comment?

I don't know what "curry flavor" means. Curry is an essential dish that is found throughout the regions, but there are many other types of dishes served with it .

I think it goes with the mix of spices like chili powder, nutmeg, ginger powder, cummins etc

Mughlai food can be cooked hot and spicy. It can also be cooked, not exactly bland, but certainly not hot, more piquant.

It will take time to get used to Indian food, how to order it, how to eat it. Andhra food, for instance, is the really hot and spicy Indian cuisine, one that other Indians fear, and it is best to avoid it until it has been learnt and understood through the tasting of components of Andhra food that happen to be shared with other styles. Bengali food is not hot, unless it is a bad cook, but is rich in oil and spices, not easy to digest in large quantities. Gujarati food will probably suit a beginner the best. Or even Rajasthani, if you get your hands on it.

Also, best to go for a set-course meal; personally, I find eating more than two or three dishes plain gluttony, but in a large group, especially with mixed vegetarians and non-vegetarians, more dishes are obviously necessary.

What is hot and spicy, anyway? Andhra is, for sure; so is Karaikudi. What else? Can someone comment?

It sounds quite complicated for a layman but kinda interesting. of course throughout your history, you refine your culinary and cooking skills as well. All I can remember in indian food are nan and tandoori chicken. that was several years ago!

Your folks wear the largest turban with flaming colours! That's what I remember when seeing some pix occasionally.
And Gujrat is more like indian muslim dishes correct?
ps: your Jaipur is famous for jewelleries.
Turbans are often wear on occasions like wedding and festivals.

No, Gujrat has completely different taste. Indian Muslim dishes are more in regions like Hyderabad etc.

You are right about Jaipur. Every tourist visit at least one Rajasthan tourist place if he/she visits India.

If you ever visit India, witness one wedding too. Its very colorful and a unique experience. The marriages I talked about in earlier posts, one South American diplomat and few Dutch people came to just see Indian wedding and they really loved the music, culture and traditions blend with modernity, cuisines, and even saw all wedding rituals, asked about all verses said by the priest.

Turbans are often wear on occasions like wedding and festivals.

No, Gujrat has completely different taste. Indian Muslim dishes are more in regions like Hyderabad etc.

You are right about Jaipur. Every tourist visit at least one Rajasthan tourist place if he/she visits India.

If you ever visit India, witness one wedding too. Its very colorful and a unique experience. The marriages I talked about in earlier posts, one South American diplomat and few Dutch people came to just see Indian wedding and they really loved the music, culture and traditions blend with modernity, cuisines, and even saw all wedding rituals, asked about all verses said by the priest.

Interesting. But unless your are invited you will not have that experience of observing the ceremonies and the culture in person

I know it is religious and cultural but just for curiosity reasons I have these questions ( you may refuse to answer by all means): do you guys feel hot with your heads donned with turban? How can you cope with it? And the questions apply to Sikhs as well!

I think it goes with the mix of spices like chili powder, nutmeg, ginger powder, cummins etc

True! However curry can be somewhat comparable to soup. Therefore it varies throughout regions, depending on what vegetables, fruits and spices are grown in that area. But there are many other varieties of dishes served along with curry.

An off topic question. In an authentic Chinese restaurant, is it true that soup is served after the main courses? I heard that it is because it helps digest the food better.

Curry smells really weird I hate the Indian FOBs who walk around looking like a monkey and smelling like fart curry

True! However curry can be somewhat comparable to soup. Therefore it varies throughout regions, depending on what vegetables, fruits and spices are grown in that area. But there are many other varieties of dishes served along with curry.

sure! and thats the most natural thing to do.

An off topic question. In an authentic Chinese restaurant, is it true that soup is served after the main courses? I heard that it is because it helps digest the food better.

hmmm, it varies! when you go to a wedding banquet where on the menu there is "shark-fin" soup, it is usually served around the middle of the courses. There is not a rule of thumb. But Chinese soup is usually served after the starters and before the finale!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom