What's new

A Chinese opportunity that India Tourism misses

My quotes are based on facts and accounts of reported incidences in the media.
No, there are cases of similar crimes that happen in US but not in the same rate on tourists in USA as compared to those happening in India. Also india is where you find one of the most hiv / aids carriers in the world! That makes the cases more terrifying!
Allow me to clear many things to you. In various states in US, there are very strict laws against crimes against tourists. You can get heavy fine or longer jail terms if you dupe or rob a tourist as it directly affects the tourism industry. It is considered as federal crime if I am not wrong.

As for HIV/AIDS carriers in India, yeah we have one of the highest infected population but at the same time India has most effective program to combat this epidemic, yes it has become epidemic and is controlled very effectively and awareness programs along with measures taken by govt. has been taken as case studies by many researchers to understand why India has been successful in controlling this epidemic. If you want, I can give you links of some books too on it.

Another thing you are ignoring is that its not like tourists go and interact with these infected people. I hope you do know about how AIDS is transferred. There is always protection and preventions to avoid in every disease, its all up to the person's choice. If someone avoids certain measures w.r.t. any disease, he/she can get this in US too. So weak argument.

The major problem tourists faces is unhygienic conditions relative to them. Indians are pretty immune to various conditions in our country. Tourists generally who live in more safe environment fell ill by normal water in India as their immune system can't handle it. Even Indians from one part of the country face problems in other part.

For every place there are many things pre-specified to the tourists. Its up to them to follow it. If they risk it, its their fault.

I have been to Varanasi where many Westerners lives for months, smoking weed and playing guitar, met few of them personally. Similar is in case of Vrindavan in U.P. These are few examples about how many tourists in India stay for long time without any problem. :D

I can go on and on about various places, just ask what you want to know but don't pass judgement if you haven't researched about various conditions. AIDS and HIV, well I can give you detailed lecture as far as India is concerned. You just say the word. :enjoy:

It is not bashing but it is a fact. Some tours have been arranged for visitors to sighseeing the slum areas of Bombay!

Slum tour in Mumbai (India) on youtube!

But one thing that most tourists are unaware of and I think a warning must be issued to the female visitors travelling alone in india. There are numerous cases of serious sexual assaults on tourists in india!

For female tourists going to india, type these few words 11 Safety Tips for Women Living or Traveling Alone in India
to locate the message on the net or look for similar topics on the net to be informed of the situations in india

That slum tourism was short lived and stopped after protests by people.

My quotes are based on facts and accounts of reported incidences in the media.

No, there are cases of similar crimes that happen in US but not in the same rate on tourists in USA as compared to those happening in india. Also india is where you find one of the most hiv / aids carriers in the world! That makes the cases more terrifying!

Be ready to get HIV/AIDS anywhere - in US, in Amsterdam, in China, in India if you are for sex tourism. Even if you wear protection, be ready for herpes.

OUR GRASS >>>>> YOUR DOG MEAT

I am not interested in both! We are enacting laws to make it illegal for selling dog meat
But grass is legalised in india! True?

Allow me to clear many things to you. In various states in US, there are very strict laws against crimes against tourists. You can get heavy fine or longer jail terms if you dupe or rob a tourist as it directly affects the tourism industry. It is considered as federal crime if I am not wrong.

As for HIV/AIDS carriers in India, yeah we have one of the highest infected population but at the same time India has most effective program to combat this epidemic, yes it has become epidemic and is controlled very effectively and awareness programs along with measures taken by govt. has been taken as case studies by many researchers to understand why India has been successful in controlling this epidemic. If you want, I can give you links of some books too on it.

Another thing you are ignoring is that its not like tourists go and interact with these infected people. I hope you do know about how AIDS is transferred. There is always protection and preventions to avoid in every disease, its all up to the person's choice. If someone avoids certain measures w.r.t. any disease, he/she can get this in US too. So weak argument.

The major problem tourists faces is unhygienic conditions relative to them. Indians are pretty immune to various conditions in our country. Tourists generally who live in more safe environment fell ill by normal water in India as their immune system can't handle it. Even Indians from one part of the country face problems in other part.

For every place there are many things pre-specified to the tourists. Its up to them to follow it. If they risk it, its their fault.

I have been to Varanasi where many Westerners lives for months, smoking weed and playing guitar, met few of them personally. Similar is in case of Vrindavan in U.P. These are few examples about how many tourists in India stay for long time without any problem. :D

I can go on and on about various places, just ask what you want to know but don't pass judgement if you haven't researched about various conditions. AIDS and HIV, well I can give you detailed lecture as far as India is concerned. You just say the word. :enjoy:

I am sure there are some places in india which are safe from any harm. But the travel alerts that I posted are factual. and I was linking rapes + infectious diseases to the logic of probabilities. Nothing more or less on that theory.

good for you and great blessing for the people living in slums! But that kind of tourism is unique even though short lived. I think the people who have signed up for the tour are out of curiosity or compassion!

Be ready to get HIV/AIDS anywhere - in US, in Amsterdam, in China, in India if you are for sex tourism. Even if you wear protection, be ready for herpes.

I am not interested in that special tourism that you mentioned. and again I was saying probabilities of happening!

I am not interested in that special tourism that you mentioned. and again I was saying probabilities of happening!

If you are not for special tourism or rave parties where you might share a needle - by the way both are illegal in India - why do you care about the probabilities? As long as a tourist stays legal in India one should not be concerned unlike places like Hong Kong or Singapore where even if you stay legal you might get HIV. ;)

If you are not for special tourism or rave parties where you might share a needle - by the way both are illegal in India - why do you care about the probabilities? As long as a tourist stays legal in India one should not be concerned unlike places like Hong Kong or Singapore where even if you stay legal you might get HIV. ;)

What both? Grass is defintely legal in india! why deny that? and may be there are illegal selliing of dog meat in NE india!

Well then again you can find a lot more tourists who get raped in india where there are a much higher no of hiv-aids carriers than HK, China or Singapore combined which account for a lot more tourist visits but a lot less of the disease carriers.

What both? Grass is defintely legal in india! why deny that? and may be there are illegal selliing of dog meat in NE india!

Well then again you can find a lot more tourists who get raped in india where there are a much higher no of hiv-aids carriers than HK, China or Singapore combined which account for a lot more tourist visits but a lot less of the disease carriers.

Sorry - Grass is not legal though tolerated in some areas.

Now do not talk about China on the same levels as HK or Singapore. The reason I quoted HK and Singapore is that the prostitution is legal there and illegal in India. As for China, it has been clubbed with India, Russia, South Africa as the next source for the HIV epidemic. Currently China has somewhere between 730,000 TO 1.5 million HIV infected people while India has 1.4-1.6 million HIV infected people. So mate - China is at the same level as India.

If some one has to experience culture than it has to be India. No wonder we are one of the strongest soft power

Sorry - Grass is not legal though tolerated in some areas.

Now do not talk about China on the same levels as HK or Singapore. The reason I quoted HK and Singapore is that the prostitution is legal there and illegal in India. As for China, it has been clubbed with India, Russia, South Africa as the next source for the HIV epidemic. Currently China has somewhere between 730,000 TO 1.5 million HIV infected people while India has 1.4-1.6 million HIV infected people. So mate - China is at the same level as India.

I think india has 2.2 to 2.8 millions hiv-aids carriers

tolerate is legal for indian grass traders and consumers cause no one is arresting them

even correct as you quoted india is 2 times more at least! you have a level of your own!

Now I stop all these grass and hiv things now otherwise derailing the topic!

I am not sure if India has missed a chance of selling its tourism to China.

I am sure that Indians are missing a chance to go & see China. Each time I have gone I have returned happier than the last.

If somehow the language barrier can be breached Indians will find it to be a wonderful travel destination with both the old & new co existing wonderfully well.

I wish the Chinese embassy would give visas for more than a month and with multiple entries like a US visa.

The impression has been that Indian media, at least from online point of view, seem too often to portrait China a bad picture, such as China India enemy number 1 or Indian missile "China-killer", which, luckily, not many Chinese in China know about, whereas Chinese media depict more positive an India, telling the audience Indian culture and tradition.

I have seen lots Chinese youngsters traveling in India by themselves or doing research related to their studies, and then posting their photos and travel logs on Chinese web sites (in a sharp contrast to larger percentage of hostile internet Indians), their descriptions are pretty friendly and impressive, either about good part or less good part of their experiences.

Frankly, I'd like to travel to India. The major worry is the sanitation, as my over-civilized digesting system may not be able to get used to strange microbes in food and water, as this seems one of their major adversaries encountered.

Life of Pi arouses Indian interest among Chinese

Oscar winning director Ang Lee's Life of Pi - with its Indian motif and actors - has opened a rare and recent window about Indian culture among the Chinese. And the Chinese, it seems, love it.

The movie and its recurring Indian themes - including the Bengal tiger and the city of Pondicherry where Pi played by Suraj Sharma is born and brought up - are buzzing on China's microblogging sites.

The movie is currently playing on 4,420 digital 3D screens and over 80 IMAX screens across China. Not only the first tier cities like Beijing and Shanghai, it's also playing in second and third tier cities.

According to Fox China, which has distributed the movie here, 'Life of Pi' generated over 100 million Yuan (over $16 million) in revenue in the first week and is ranked as the number one movie in the country.

A search on Life of Pie on Sina Weibo (the most popular of China's Twitter-like sites among similar avatars) throws up a good 50 pages on the movie with many net users on the pages discussing Indian culture.

Xu, in her '20s and working for, Youku, the Chinese equivalent of YouTube said that after watching the movie she was making "plans to visit next January."

According to Fox China, the movie has generated a buzz about India here.

"Many in the local audience especially female viewers are attracted by the beautiful, colorful scenery of India in the film," Fox China - it had released My Name is Khan in China before - told HT over email.

Leer Cheng, who works for CNEX Foundation that promotes independent film and documentaries, said her company would soon release four documentaries made by Indians on the web.

Not only in China but the movie is creating interest about India in neighbouring Taiwan - Ang Lee is Taiwanese - as well.

Pradeep Kumar Rawat, the highest ranking Indian diplomat based in the Taiwanese capital, Taipei, said the India-Taipei Association will launch "Life of Pi" tours to India in December.

Life of Pi arouses Indian interest among Chinese - Hindustan Times

The impression has been that Indian media, at least from online point of view, seem too often to portrait China a bad picture, such as China India enemy number 1 or Indian missile "China-killer", which, luckily, not many Chinese in China know about, whereas Chinese media depict more positive an India, telling the audience Indian culture and tradition.

I have seen lots Chinese youngsters traveling in India by themselves or doing research related to their studies, and then posting their photos and travel logs on Chinese web sites (in a sharp contrast to larger percentage of hostile internet Indians), their descriptions are pretty friendly and impressive, either about good part or less good part of their experiences.

Frankly, I'd like to travel to India. The major worry is the sanitation, as my over-civilized digesting system may not be able to get used to strange microbes in food and water, as this seems one of their major adversaries encountered.

I share your feelings exactly, when you replace India with China.

I would love to visit China, but am not sure if they will let me return. There is a fear of China, which as of now, is represented by Yiwu. Indians can go to Yiwu at their own choice, but return only if the natives permit. My over-civilised lungs hold me from trying Beijing's air, after several years in Singapore. And there is the huge baggage which must be carried to china: your own drinking water cans, milk powder for the baby and basically, supplies of all edible items. And then with all this, you give up.

You misunderstand that Indians dislike chinese, since you don't differentiate between PRC and chinese. They are different.

If you come to Singapore, you'll see how well Indians and chinese get together.

As for Indian netizens, see the post you were replying to (above). So, it's time you correct some misconceptions.

As for americans, 10 million of them visited India last year. It could have been 10,000,001 but for you overly-civilised digestion. Take care.

I would love to visit China, but am not sure if they will let me return. There is a fear of China, which as of now, is represented by Yiwu. Indians can go to Yiwu at their own choice, but return only if the natives permit. My over-civilised lungs hold me from trying Beijing's air, after several years in Singapore. And there is the huge baggage which must be carried to china: your own drinking water cans, milk powder for the baby and basically, supplies of all edible items. And then with all this, you give up.

You misunderstand that Indians dislike chinese, since you don't differentiate between PRC and chinese. They are different.

As for Indian netizens, see the post you were replying to (above). So, it's time you correct some misconceptions.

As for americans, 10 million of them visited India last year. It could have been 10,000,001 but for you overly-civilised digestion. Take care.

judging by most of your post i m 100% sure you never been outside of india, i wish what ever company you work for can give you a wage increase so that you can travel to see the world to get rid of the frog in the well mindset of yours

World Tourism rankings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think India just doesn't have a lot of international tourist arrivals in general.

Read:

Ranking in Asia:

Rank Country International
tourist
arrivals
(2011)[2]
1 China 57.58 million
2 Malaysia 24.71 million
3 Hong Kong 22.32 million
4 Thailand 19.10 million
5 Macau 12.93 million
6 Singapore 10.39 million
7 South Korea 9.80 million
8 Indonesia 7.65 million
9 India 6.29 million
10 Japan 6.22 million

Ranking in the world

Rank Country UNWTO
Region[5] International
tourist
arrivals
(2011)[2] International
tourist
arrivals
(2010)[2] Change
(2010 to
2011)
1 France Europe 79.5 million 77.1 million +3.0%
2 United States North America 62.3 million 59.8 million +4.2%
3 China Asia 57.6 million 55.7 million +3.4%
4 Spain Europe 56.7 million 52.7 million +7.6%
5 Italy Europe 46.1 million 43.6 million +5.7%
6 Turkey Europe 29.3 million 27.0 million +8.7%
7 United Kingdom Europe 29.2 million 28.3 million +3.2%
8 Germany Europe 28.4 million 26.9 million +5.5%
9 Malaysia Asia 24.7 million 24.6 million +0.6%
10 Mexico North America 23.4 million 23.3 million +0.5%
Note: see the UNWTO World Tourism Barometer for the full rankings.[2]

where does that extra millions of americans come from?

hygiene and disease are two of the many major concerns for tourists in india!

How about caste tourism in India. Experience the life of the four major caste for a day in India. This would be a very educational tour.

Life of Pi arouses Indian interest among Chinese

Oscar winning director Ang Lee's Life of Pi - with its Indian motif and actors - has opened a rare and recent window about Indian culture among the Chinese. And the Chinese, it seems, love it.

The movie and its recurring Indian themes - including the Bengal tiger and the city of Pondicherry where Pi played by Suraj Sharma is born and brought up - are buzzing on China's microblogging sites.

The movie is currently playing on 4,420 digital 3D screens and over 80 IMAX screens across China. Not only the first tier cities like Beijing and Shanghai, it's also playing in second and third tier cities.

According to Fox China, which has distributed the movie here, 'Life of Pi' generated over 100 million Yuan (over $16 million) in revenue in the first week and is ranked as the number one movie in the country.

A search on Life of Pie on Sina Weibo (the most popular of China's Twitter-like sites among similar avatars) throws up a good 50 pages on the movie with many net users on the pages discussing Indian culture.

Xu, in her '20s and working for, Youku, the Chinese equivalent of YouTube said that after watching the movie she was making "plans to visit next January."

According to Fox China, the movie has generated a buzz about India here.

"Many in the local audience especially female viewers are attracted by the beautiful, colorful scenery of India in the film," Fox China - it had released My Name is Khan in China before - told HT over email.

Leer Cheng, who works for CNEX Foundation that promotes independent film and documentaries, said her company would soon release four documentaries made by Indians on the web.

Not only in China but the movie is creating interest about India in neighbouring Taiwan - Ang Lee is Taiwanese - as well.

Pradeep Kumar Rawat, the highest ranking Indian diplomat based in the Taiwanese capital, Taipei, said the India-Taipei Association will launch "Life of Pi" tours to India in December.

Life of Pi arouses Indian interest among Chinese - Hindustan Times

Any presentation about India without involving its caste system is not the true India..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom