What's new

6 Including Major Martyred Near Turbat in IED Attack

I don't know what our "best efforts" are

It looks like our military leadership is just out of ideas or just too coward enough to go out of the box
General Raheel Sharif should have taken extension. Because of this one mistake we have to deal with a pacifist Army chief.

I'm not clued up on what our army is or isn't doing so I'm sure you know better. Hopefully something is being planned. I'm simply pointing out that the IED is a formidable weapon.
It is a formidable weapon.

The US struggled to combat IED's as well. Your convoy needs to detect it before it hits it (which on unpaved dirt mountain tracks will be hard to do). MRAP's are useful.

UAV's drones are helpful, but given the vast area involve in Balochistan, you'd need a massive fleet flying 24/7 to get even close to giving decent coverage, and even then terrorists will possibly just wait for drones to pass before planting IED's. I'm just thinking from a layman's perspective.

You didn't get the sarcasm
Then you should imply sarcism in ur writing for a layman like me, it is not easy to distinguish between a playful word of joke, sarcism or a true word.

Be clear thanks. And it has been cleared between us before the day of ressurection.

General Raheel Sharif should have taken extension. Because of this one mistake we have to deal with a pacifist Army chief.
What would Raheel have done differently to Bajwa to prevent incidents like these from occurring?

Then you should imply sarcism in ur writing for a layman like me, it is not easy to distinguish between a playful word of joke, sarcism or a true word.

Be clear thanks. And it has been cleared between us before the day of ressurection.

I believe in the big day and would not something left for me to be raised on the day.

Zarb e Azb in Balochistan.
If these terrorists are coming across the border, how does Zarb-e-Azb prevent that?

Secondly, look at the size of FATA vs the size of Balochistan. Think of the amount of manpower and resources required compared to FATA.

Well, fencing should help. The government is already funding it. We also need to use the latest tech to counter the terrorists. Use drones, automated vehicles, etc. Times have changed and we need to adapt.

The thing is that now that FATA ops are over we need to go for the same thing if operations in Balochistan.

The fencing is a good step.. next should be hammering time..

A proper operation not those IBO type raids.. those achieve nothing but a few dead rats..

We need proper combing, Search and Destroy... these hill rats are nothing... they are few in numbers and its always IEDs followed by ambushes...

We cant replace the regular land cruisers and double cabins.. but what we can do is equip FC patrols with MRAPs... proper air surveillance is also needed.

If these terrorists are coming across the border, how does Zarb-e-Azb prevent that?

Secondly, look at the size of FATA vs the size of Balochistan. Think of the amount of manpower and resources required compared to FATA.
Size isnt the issue.
These insurgency hit areas arent as vast as we believe...

Zarb e Azb was conducted the same way.. choking the border.. followed by combing operations inside and outside Pak (yes we did go into afghan territory)..

The same should be applied here...

Back
Top Bottom