50,000 Saudis to graduate from top 500 universities by 2020

Mosamania

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
saudiStudentsReach.jpg

Saudi students overseas

The Ministry of Higher Education plans to ensure that 50,000 Saudis graduate from the world’s top 500 universities by the year 2020, said Dr. Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz Al-Mousa, Undersecretary at the Ministry of Higher Education for Scholarships.
This will be the 10th stage of the King’s Overseas Scholarship Program and will ensure that students are trained in skills needed by the Kingdom’s economy, Al-Mousa added.
Currently, there are 130,397 students studying abroad. Of these, 87,844 students were sent on scholarships by the Ministry of Higher Education, 11,854 are studying English, 14,103 are civil servants sent on scholarships and 16,596 students are studying at their own expense.
“The 7th stage of the King’s Scholarship Program has been completed and work on the 8th and 9th stages are scheduled to take place in 2014,” Al-Mousa told Saudi Press Agency (SPA) Saturday.
He said the ministry’s statistics show that 70.3 percent of these students are studying commerce, business administration, engineering, information technology, medical services and medicine in six countries including the United States, Britain, Canada, Australia, Egypt and Jordan.
The ministry, Al-Mousa said, is making every effort to meet the requirements of students in 27 countries through its electronic services facility, which is linked to the cultural and educational attaches in the host countries. He said 40,000 operations are carried out on a daily basis through the service, including the issuing of travel tickets, identity documents and financial guarantees, without the need to appear in person.
Al-Mousa said the good conduct and discipline of Saudi students abroad have negated the stereotype image of Saudi society. He said many students have set up volunteer and charity organizations, which are officially registered in the United States, Canada and Britain. He said some students have been shifted from studying humanities to other subjects needed by the Saudi economy. This includes human resources, accountancy and marketing.
Al-Mousa said the Kingdom is following the statements issued by the International Labor Organization (ILO) and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) on skills which are needed, including medicine, engineering and computer sciences. He said one of the difficulties facing Saudi students abroad is the nature and rules of most foreign universities. Some students have even requested transfers to universities with flexible rules.
He said the ministry pays tuition fees, projects and laboratory costs on time.

Saudi Gazette - 50,000 Saudis to graduate from top 500 universities by 2020
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saudi Students are all over the world working hard to bring all the knowledge back home. This project has been termed as the greatest Educational Project of the 21st century. You will feel the effects of this project in time.

Best of luck to friend Saudi Arabia, king saud is doing good job. :yahoo:

For last many years we are hearing about the initiatives in education, reserach and development in KSA. :tup:

KSA have 500 universities :woot: its a news for me, we in India have 600 despite being so big in population and size.

A group of people in Pakistan had always been spreading mis-information about Saudis.

I keep saying just go visit Saudi Arabia, in order to get the real picture.

For last many years we are hearing about the initiatives in education, reserach and development in KSA. :tup:

KSA have 500 universities :woot: its a news for me, we in India have 600 despite being so big in population and size.
in the article it is written "abroad" students so it includes students abroad

saudiStudentsReach.jpg

Saudi students overseas

The Ministry of Higher Education plans to ensure that 50,000 Saudis graduate from the world’s top 500 universities by the year 2020, said Dr. Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz Al-Mousa, Undersecretary at the Ministry of Higher Education for Scholarships.
This will be the 10th stage of the King’s Overseas Scholarship Program and will ensure that students are trained in skills needed by the Kingdom’s economy, Al-Mousa added.
Currently, there are 130,397 students studying abroad. Of these, 87,844 students were sent on scholarships by the Ministry of Higher Education, 11,854 are studying English, 14,103 are civil servants sent on scholarships and 16,596 students are studying at their own expense.
“The 7th stage of the King’s Scholarship Program has been completed and work on the 8th and 9th stages are scheduled to take place in 2014,” Al-Mousa told Saudi Press Agency (SPA) Saturday.
He said the ministry’s statistics show that 70.3 percent of these students are studying commerce, business administration, engineering, information technology, medical services and medicine in six countries including the United States, Britain, Canada, Australia, Egypt and Jordan.
The ministry, Al-Mousa said, is making every effort to meet the requirements of students in 27 countries through its electronic services facility, which is linked to the cultural and educational attaches in the host countries. He said 40,000 operations are carried out on a daily basis through the service, including the issuing of travel tickets, identity documents and financial guarantees, without the need to appear in person.
Al-Mousa said the good conduct and discipline of Saudi students abroad have negated the stereotype image of Saudi society. He said many students have set up volunteer and charity organizations, which are officially registered in the United States, Canada and Britain. He said some students have been shifted from studying humanities to other subjects needed by the Saudi economy. This includes human resources, accountancy and marketing.
Al-Mousa said the Kingdom is following the statements issued by the International Labor Organization (ILO) and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) on skills which are needed, including medicine, engineering and computer sciences. He said one of the difficulties facing Saudi students abroad is the nature and rules of most foreign universities. Some students have even requested transfers to universities with flexible rules.
He said the ministry pays tuition fees, projects and laboratory costs on time.

Saudi Gazette - 50,000 Saudis to graduate from top 500 universities by 2020
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saudi Students are all over the world working hard to bring all the knowledge back home. This project has been termed as the greatest Educational Project of the 21st century. You will feel the effects of this project in time.

:tup::tup::tup: keep it up KSA and prove to the world what you are.

And now the bashers will say why doesn't KSA have enough universities in KSA as they are relying on foreign education.

In the year 2000 we had 6 universities....in 2011 57 universities.

It does not matter, rather it is best if the students are educated abroad.

They bring with them a lot of knowledge.

Education @ Saudi Arabia is some thing that we should all follow and implement.

You have been here for a while now salman. Tell them what KSA is really like and the strides we are making in education.

I am so glad they finally reformed our primary education. Man it was hell reading it, it was terrible to say the least. Now I look at my sister's education it is faaaaaaaar better than the one I had. Man they took out a lot of the $hit that was there and are finally focusing on science and not religion studies.

In the year 2000 we had 6 universities....in 2011 57 universities.

If any one still complains than he is simply ungrateful.

You shall consider inducting foreign students as well, this will help mutually.

If any one still complains than he is simply ungrateful.

You shall consider inducting foreign students as well, this will help mutually.

There are 3 Pakistani students in my college. But they are not in my class so I am having difficulty interacting with them.

This is really positive news....Your country is really setting an example with keeping core focus of development in education and naion building...Keep it up dear friend...i hope Indian Gov also should more aggressively purse and prioritize primary education in the future

This is really positive news....Your country is really setting an example with keeping core focus of development in education and naion building...Keep it up dear friend...i hope Indian Gov also should more aggressively purse and prioritize primary education in the future

Thank you I have been saying this for a while now but it really is sad no one believed me. I hope this clears some misconceptions.

:tup::tup::tup: keep it up KSA and prove to the world what you are.

And now the bashers will say why doesn't KSA have enough universities in KSA as they are relying on foreign education.
don't transform my words. i didn't say that. i just said that in the article it was about students abroad
but there is no shame to have students in the best universities of the world. who could be ashamed of that?

Back
Top Bottom