What's new

5,000 Pakistanis get visa for WC matches

so why don't u recall any incident where pak supporters were harmed. bring proofs & then talk abt security.

Pakistan buries “cricket fan” held in India
(Reuters)

11 March 2008

ISLAMABAD - A Pakistani man who lost his passport in India while there to watch cricket in 2005 was buried on Tuesday a day after his body was sent home from India where he had been imprisoned as a spy, his brother said.

Nuclear-armed rivals India and Pakistan have improved their relations after nearly going to war a fourth time in 2002 but they are still deeply suspicious of each other.

Khalid Mahmood died in an Indian prison on Feb. 12 but his family in Pakistan was only informed of his death on March 4, family members said.

March 4 was the same day Pakistani authorities released an Indian, Kashmir Singh, who spent 35 years on death row in Pakistan on spying charges but was released after President Pervez Musharraf accepted his mercy plea.

“He had gone to India to watch a match in early 2005 where he lost his passport and ended up in an Indian jail on spying charges,” Mahmood’s brother, Fateh Mohammad Sadiq, told Reuters.

“Without a passport, he could not return and was arrested months later after his relatives in India refused to shelter him out of fear because he did not have a passport,” Sadiq said.

Sadiq said Indian authorities had not said how his brother, who was 30, died. But he said his brother’s body bore signs of torture.

Indian authorities handed over Mahmood’s body on Monday at Wagah, the main crossing on the border between the two countries near the Pakistani city of Lahore.

A Pakistani Foreign Office spokesman said India had never informed Pakistan about Mahmood’s arrest until he died.

“We only found about him when he died ... We are in touch with the Indian government. We have taken very strong notice,” said the spokesman, Mohammad Sadiq.

He also said India had not given a cause of death.

Referring to last week’s release of the Indian prisoner, the brother Sadiq said: “We send their man with garlands as a gesture of friendship but got the dead body of our brother in return.”

The neighbours launched a peace process in early 2004 and began sending cricket teams to each others’ country soon after that.

Thousands of fans have travelled back and forth to watch cricket since then.

Glorious Resolve is just mad that he can't watch his team play. There there matey, theres always a next time, besides you supporting Pakistan might jinx your teams victory.:lol:

you should be grateful that we bought 5000 tickets period ;)

Why? The money doesn't come to India, it goes to the ICC.

You want to attend the match in India, follow Indian rules and regulations. Otherwise there are thousands like you who can purchase those tickets. Period.

Pakistan buries “cricket fan” held in India
(Reuters)

11 March 2008

ISLAMABAD - A Pakistani man who lost his passport in India while there to watch cricket in 2005 was buried on Tuesday a day after his body was sent home from India where he had been imprisoned as a spy, his brother said.

Nuclear-armed rivals India and Pakistan have improved their relations after nearly going to war a fourth time in 2002 but they are still deeply suspicious of each other.

Khalid Mahmood died in an Indian prison on Feb. 12 but his family in Pakistan was only informed of his death on March 4, family members said.

March 4 was the same day Pakistani authorities released an Indian, Kashmir Singh, who spent 35 years on death row in Pakistan on spying charges but was released after President Pervez Musharraf accepted his mercy plea.

“He had gone to India to watch a match in early 2005 where he lost his passport and ended up in an Indian jail on spying charges,” Mahmood’s brother, Fateh Mohammad Sadiq, told Reuters.

“Without a passport, he could not return and was arrested months later after his relatives in India refused to shelter him out of fear because he did not have a passport,” Sadiq said.

Sadiq said Indian authorities had not said how his brother, who was 30, died. But he said his brother’s body bore signs of torture.

Indian authorities handed over Mahmood’s body on Monday at Wagah, the main crossing on the border between the two countries near the Pakistani city of Lahore.

A Pakistani Foreign Office spokesman said India had never informed Pakistan about Mahmood’s arrest until he died.

“We only found about him when he died ... We are in touch with the Indian government. We have taken very strong notice,” said the spokesman, Mohammad Sadiq.

He also said India had not given a cause of death.

Referring to last week’s release of the Indian prisoner, the brother Sadiq said: “We send their man with garlands as a gesture of friendship but got the dead body of our brother in return.”

The neighbours launched a peace process in early 2004 and began sending cricket teams to each others’ country soon after that.

Thousands of fans have travelled back and forth to watch cricket since then.

whose fault is that, india's?????? anyone who let lost his/her password in foreign country will be looked upon with suspicion. tomorrow if i come to pak & lost my password, pak authorities will throw me in jail.

-----------------

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

oh paa jee kal aur parson ka match ho jay then will decide na to come or not :D

vaise main specially tawdey vastey indian muslims wala thread post kita c,main kya tusi comment karogey te saadey thread da bhala hojega:lol:

so why don't u recall any incident where pak supporters were harmed. bring proofs & then talk abt security.

Why dont you look for the stats on missing Pakistanis in india since 2002 yourself- you're the one disagreeing-

Same here. They should be thankful to be allowed in India. Agar itne ki nakhre hain, then don't come.

Thankful to what?- To be allowed to watch cricket matches of an international tournament?- Can you stop Pakistanis to come and watch the matches in India?- Try- and rest assured you'll never be allowed to host another major cricket tournament in India-

Why dont you look for the stats on missing Pakistanis in india since 2002 yourself- you're the one disagreeing-

here i have read many times.....

that whenever pakistanis come here,they dont go back in the number in which they came.......
agents come here and get dissapeared.....
so proper attention must be given to every body here,...

even we have village where maximum number of pakistanis live here

What security measures indian gov will take for these 5K Pakistani people in mumbai, as there are clear threats by hindu terrorist organizations .....
i hope they have a great time in mumbai but indians need to do much more about security.

Hahaha. Threats from "HINDU" terrorist organisatoin?? looooooool and yet 170 million muslims reside in India and take pride of being Indian!!!
Don't even get me started about secutiry?! Heard the famous phrase 'I wanna talk with the army general, but I'm taking my bloody sandwiches in!' Jeoff Boycott said these famous lines when he was asked not to take his lunch inside! It just goes to show how important security is us for us and we don't even have any past records of attacks on visiting team.

In general,i have some doubts about our departments,
is our immigration department has the capacity to make sure all who had come here will be sent back from India when their visas expire??
Or don't they care for that....anyone can come in with valid visa and can stay here for how much time ever he wants or even stay here...??

whose fault is that, india's?????? anyone who let lost his/her password in foreign country will be looked upon with suspicion. tomorrow if i come to pak & lost my password, pak authorities will throw me in jail.

Isn't there any separate department or norm-procedures set- for foreigners who accidentally lost their Passports like every other civilized country has-- or you just kill them and send bodies back?-

Back
Top Bottom