What's new

49,000 tonnes uranium deposit in Andhra; may rise threefold

It's got nothing to do with egos either. It's about signing the NPT.

Isn't supply of nuclear reactor technology coming in from Russia,France,Canada and USA more answerable to the NPT than Uranium??? Fact is that these plants are already under IAEA observation and only a select few Indian reactors are out of the purview. It is easy to track where the Uranium is going and if it is being procured for plants under the watch of the IAEA, I see no reason for refusal to supply.
It's more of a matter of internal politics within Australia. The party implementing the supply would be slammed by domestic activist groups and may loose a portion of their vote bank.

taurianresources.co.in | Indian firm acquires uranium mining rights in Niger | Uranium, Niger, Company, Bajla, Government
Taurian Resources Private Limited, Mumbai, a Rs. 300-crore company, has recently won a contract which gives it exclusive rights over 3,000 sq. km. of the Sahara Desert known to be rich in deposits of uranium... Against huge odds, Taurian won a permit to search for uranium in the Arlit region of Niger for an undisclosed amount. Mr. Bajla says till he relinquishes nobody can take away this area earmarked exclusively for his company. Anil Kakodkar, chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission “welcomed” the development but said that as of now the Government had little role to play as it was a “bold forward looking private venture.”

I'm saying from a purely Indian POV.

The ego in South Block is lil' bit hurt when even the Americans and Canadians - the original culprits - can offer nuke trade without signing NPT what is wrong with these Aussies ?

Australia isn't America and Canada.

we have our own policies and values. We want countries to sign NPT.

49,000 tonnes

what can do by only 1 pond of uranium:smokin:

Australia isn't America and Canada.

we have our own policies and values. We want countries to sign NPT.

Look you are not getting it what I'm trying to say.

I'm saying this from a pure Indian POV that maybe they consider this an ego issue that how come Aus deny us when the whole world agrees.

From your POV you are taking a principled stand based on your values or whatever and from our POV maybe they are taking this an ego issue.OK

I hope a middle ground is found without us signing the NPT because for the basic fact its discriminatory to us , Pakistanis and Israelis.

taurianresources.co.in | Indian firm acquires uranium mining rights in Niger | Uranium, Niger, Company, Bajla, Government
Taurian Resources Private Limited, Mumbai, a Rs. 300-crore company, has recently won a contract which gives it exclusive rights over 3,000 sq. km. of the Sahara Desert known to be rich in deposits of uranium... Against huge odds, Taurian won a permit to search for uranium in the Arlit region of Niger for an undisclosed amount. Mr. Bajla says till he relinquishes nobody can take away this area earmarked exclusively for his company. Anil Kakodkar, chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission “welcomed” the development but said that as of now the Government had little role to play as it was a “bold forward looking private venture.”

And everyone should believe it.

Back
Top Bottom