What's new

49,000 tonnes uranium deposit in Andhra; may rise threefold

Australia cannot life the ban, that would put them in the bad books of the Chinese. Their entire mineral/raw materials industry depends on the Chinese.

India should try to capture Australia's markets for Uranium - except for China. Challenge them where it hurts.

We have already started penetrating the australian raw material industry.. It will take some time but we will become a very big customer for their resources in near future..Australia is also trying to diversify its market and does not want to depend on China for long..

good news . it will help fuel our ongoing need for nuclear power.

I would rather put Rupees in our mines and develop all necessary processing facilities- and forget australia..

an immensely vital news. currently we have to import uranium. once we are able to extract enough uranium from mines in Andhra, we dont have to import uranium.

Send this link to the australians

Yeh, the Australian government is really going to change it's position because of a few peoples opinions on an internet forum. lol. :woot:

Hope it doesn't fizzle out like the Pakistan Thar Coal Reserve.

Yeh, the Australian government is really going to change it's position because of a few peoples opinions on an internet forum. lol. :woot:

India dont have to worry about the uranium supply from australia that's what im trying to say u change or not the net loss is for Australia not india as we have someone else to suppy .So please dont change ur position

What happened there ?? :confused:

Well from what I heard is that Thar Coal is located underground making open pit mining impossible. Also the coal is located under layers of sand and there is water under pressure just below the coal layer making underground tunnels a bit of a challenge. Evenif a pit is cut into the coal layer, there is a chance that the coal will catch fire spontaneously due to the dry desert air of Thar. So the only viable option remaining is UCG or Underground Coal Gasification.

Well from what I heard is that Thar Coal is located underground making open pit mining impossible. Also the coal is located under layers of sand and there is water under pressure just below the coal layer making underground tunnels a bit of a challenge. Evenif a pit is cut into the coal layer, there is a chance that the coal will catch fire spontaneously. So the only viable option remaining is UCG or Underground Coal Gasification.

Well Andhra does not have any desert and Unlike Coalmines, Uranium mines are not prone to catching fire. So I guess these issues are of no concern here.

Well Andhra does not have any desert and Unlike Coalmines, Uranium mines are not prone to catching fire. So I guess these issues are of no concern here.

I know that Coal Mine and Uranium Mine are 2 different things. I am only concerned that in our euphoria are we overlooking the challenges to extract this ore. What if the deposits are not economical to extract?
There are many oil wells out there which are not tapped as the oil pumped from this well with existing technology is not economical.

---------------------------delete------------------------------------

Back
Top Bottom