What's new

49,000 tonnes uranium deposit in Andhra; may rise threefold

So PFBR will produce Pu only? So it cannot be used again for power generation, only for weapons ?

No.... we will use the U235 in fission reactions which after undergoing a chain reaction gives Barium and Krypton and releases energy along with 3 neutrons, these neutrons are then captured by the U238( which are present in the fuel itself(enriched uranium still contains large amounts of U238) as well as a blanket around the core)which then undergo beta decay twice turning into Pu. So in the end we get both weapons grade plutonium and energy

No.... we will use the U235 in fission reactions which after undergoing a reaction gives Barium and Krypton and releases energy along with 3 neutrons, these neutrons are then captured by the U238( which are present in the fuel itself(enriched uranium still contains large amounts of U238) as well as a blanket around the core)which then undergo beta decay twice turning into Pu. So in the end we get both weapons grade plutonium and energy

ok i understand the part of weapons grade Pu and energy, but we cannot use this Pu for further power generation is it? with that Pu only wepons can be made or it can be reprocessed?

ok i understand the part of weapons grade Pu and energy, but we cannot use this Pu for further power generation is it? with that Pu only wepons can be made or it can be reprocessed?

Who told you weapons grade Pu can't be used in reactors??But India has no need to use them as fuel because we already have separated ~8 ton of unsafeguarded reactor grade Pu from our PHWRs which can easily fuel the reactors.

That's upto the government, the plutonium can be used as both fuel and weapons.
here's a good link to learn more about plutonium for power generation
Plutonium

Who told you weapons grade Pu can't be used in reactors??But India has no need to use them as fuel because we already have separated ~8 ton of unsafeguarded reactor grade Pu from our PHWRs which can easily fuel the reactors.

No body told me, thats the problem, so i asked...

This is good news. Hope it creates jobs in the backward region of Rayalaseema. Not so long ago, natural gas was discovered in the Andhra coast. Andhra Pradesh could become the energy hub of India. Is there any nuke plant planned in AP?

No body told me, thats the problem, so i asked...

It's completely justified to ask something mate.Had no intentions to hurt you.But you can check google this-'india's unsafeguarded Pu production capability' or just Prototype Fast Breeder Reactor'.You can get all the infomations you need.
REGARDS....

Is it in the future Telengana,Andhra or Rayalseema state ?

From now on blindly saying Andhra will not suffice :D

Nah.. I would like to see Australia lifting the ban and then we will decide what to do next ..

Australia cannot life the ban, that would put them in the bad books of the Chinese. Their entire mineral/raw materials industry depends on the Chinese.

India should try to capture Australia's markets for Uranium - except for China. Challenge them where it hurts.

Australia cannot life the ban, that would put them in the bad books of the Chinese. Their entire mineral/raw materials industry depends on the Chinese.

India should try to capture Australia's markets for Uranium - except for China. Challenge them where it hurts.

Challenge whom and where does 'it hurt'??Sorry sir,I could not get it.Can you please elaborate a bit?THANX in advance.

Back
Top Bottom