What's new

49,000 tonnes uranium deposit in Andhra; may rise threefold

i would rather say import uranium from Australia with dollars and save our deposit for future...

That way, when we establish a significant raw material source from australia. we'll have a valid reason to have a naval base in phillipins. To protect our trade route.. ;)

i guess the govt knew about this reserves for years but chose 2011 to declare it.

it seems a pressure tactics to pressurize china and Australia.

India dont have to worry about the uranium supply from australia that's what im trying to say u change or not the net loss is for Australia not india as we have someone else to suppy .So please dont change ur position

Lol, Indians say exactly what you have said every time a thread about Australians selling uranium is brought up. "oh we will just get it from someone else"

The ban on the sale of uranium to India isn't designed to stop India from getting uranium. Everyone is well aware you can uranium from other countries, but still your government wants uranium from Australia :P

Everyone is well aware you can uranium from other countries, but still your government wants uranium from Australia :P

Nothing much - its just a little Indian ego at work.

When the very same countries (US,Canada etc) that conspired to keep us out of int'l nuclear trade can today come to our door step and offer uranium/technology why not Autralia ? It looks as if the NSG waiver given to India is somewhat incomplete without the Aussies agreeing to trade Uranium.

Nothing much - its just a little Indian ego at work.

When the very same countries (US,Canada etc) that conspired to keep us out of int'l nuclear trade can today come to our door step and offer uranium/technology why not Autralia ? It looks as if the NSG waiver given to India is somewhat incomplete with the Aussies agreeing to trade Uranium.

Indian won't sign the NPT. So no uranium will be sold.

Indian won't sign the NPT. So no uranium will be sold.
What?No Uranium? Aww man. How will I finish the nuclear bomb I was building in my backyard? I already bought crude oil from Iran in advance in exchange for it. Maybe you could sneak in just a little.

What?No Uranium? Aww man. How will I finish the nuclear bomb I was building in my backyard? I already bought crude oil from Iran in advance in exchange for it. Maybe you could sneak in just a little.

It's okay. I have some spare uranium lying around for you. :D

Fine no probs.

As I said this is not a matter of life and death, but just egos at work. Lets see who blinks first.

It's got nothing to do with egos either. It's about signing the NPT.

It's got nothing to do with egos either. It's about signing the NPT.

I'm saying from a purely Indian POV.

The ego in South Block is lil' bit hurt when even the Americans and Canadians - the original culprits - can offer nuke trade without signing NPT what is wrong with these Aussies ?

Back
Top Bottom