What's new

$30bn deal: US to sell F-15s to Saudi Arabia

The US sells xyz to Saudi Arabia under the premise that it doesn't compromise Israel's technological edge. So they will give the Saudis the second best, Israel has a lot to say what US sells to KSA.

Saudis already have a decent fleet of Eurofighters with more on the way. That's the one aircraft they have that could give them technological edge and possibly air supremacy, over rival air forces in the region.

But I have an understanding that KSA military is composed primarily of influential who are promoted through the ranks due to favours and that their personal capabilities are pathetic so no matter how good the machine is, they will always be behind the Israeli's.

Anyway Egypt Signed a Strategic Pact with Turkey, Turkish Air force is one of the best there is allot we can learn, I'm open to Military Relations between Egypt and Iran there is alot we can learn from the Iranians.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

But I have an understanding that KSA military is composed primarily of influential who are promoted through the ranks due to favours and that their personal capabilities are pathetic so no matter how good the machine is, they will always be behind the Israeli's.

You have heard I'd Take a good pilot and a bad plane rather then a bad pilot and a good plane ?

Technologically, yes, but as Ptex pointed out, training wise and discipline/pilot competitiveness, i don't think so, at least not when compared to Israeli pilots. Not to mention it still hasn't been clear as to whom this build up of arms is aimed at, and neither are we aware of the terms of condition for the use of these F-15's and other aircraft in the deal. But i doubt the USA would supply and fund the potential enemies/rivals of its most dearest ally in the world; Israel.

I wasn't implying that all Egyptians live in the desert, though you can agree with me that most of middle east is desert.

The initial Egyptian strategy in 1973 was very well planned and implemented, however Israel was able to puncture through the Egyptian lines.

Sounds like asymmetrical warfare.

The Israelis were bogged down in asymmetrical warfare, however they did make up for that weakness by indiscriminate air strikes that took a heavy toll on the civilian population and infrastructure. Knowing the nature of Israelis, they learn from their mistakes very quickly and never repeat them.
The initial Egyptian strategy was great, but it was messed up by Sadat, but it was a great startegy because its main point was to make it impossible for Israel to use their Airforce, which goes right to my point. Too bad Sadat messed up huge time against what the Cheif Of Staff wanted, and against the original plan, but you have to give the Israeli leaders credit.

The initial Egyptian strategy was great, but it was messed up by Sadat, but it was a great startegy because its main point was to make it impossible for Israel to use their Airforce, which goes right to my point. Too bad Sadat messed up huge time against what the Cheif Of Staff wanted, and against the original plan, but you have to give the Israeli leaders credit.

I give Sadat Credit in the 60's Egypt Air force was for parade, Sadat had only 3 years to get it ready I give him credit.

That is pathetic. If your lives are so worthless, why should anyone care if you live or die? That is why your people keep suffering, your lack of love for life.
WHo said that our lives are worthless ? It is def. worthless for your leaders, but not for us. But we rather die than live like slaves. We rather die than you keeping our lands, and you keep killing our people and our brothers.

I think it was more to do with the Syrians taking heavy losses in the Golan so they needed Egyptians to take the pressure off of them by venturing out of their protective SAM umbrella which was a fatal mistake.

Actually Egypt should look to Iran on building a Domestic Defense Industry, under all the sanctions Iran has managed to accomplish so much, I truly respect the Iranians for that.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

I think it was more to do with the Syrians taking heavy losses in the Golan so they needed Egyptians to take the pressure off of them by venturing out of their protective SAM umbrella which was a fatal mistake.

Syrians had the worst Military in my opinion out of Egypt, Jordan.

I give Sadat Credit in the 60's Egypt Air force was for parade, Sadat had only 3 years to get it ready I give him credit.
I give credit to him in a lot of things, but he really ruined the war for Egypt. Also, he is the one who opened the doors for the Salafis in Egypt, and since then Egypt have been going downward.

I give credit to him in a lot of things, but he really ruined the war for Egypt. Also, he is the one who opened the doors for the Salafis in Egypt, and since then Egypt have been going downward.

Salafis and other radical groups were funded by the West do to Egypt being close to the USSR.

Well compared to India spending $20billion on MMRCA, this looks like a bargain, SA is not only getting 70 F-15, but also other stuff too.

I seriously hope, for your analytic skills, that you are being sarcastic!. MMRCA deal is worth around US$14 for 126 Jets + ToT and 60% reinvestment in India! No sane mind can compare that with 84 Jets at US$30 Billion even with some goodies.

I really doubt that. The Egyptian army conseil said in an interview with the American press that they should not expect in change in Egypts policy while they are in power, but also they should expect change when the elected Parliament takes power since they will have no power over it. No, i don't think in change will happen, but when the MB takes power change will happen.... Actually, the former Egyptian Cheif of Staff who was gonna run for presidency but just pulled out was on TV the other day and said that Egypt should take Iran's example in Arms manufacture and have more co-operation with them. Also, closer relations between Egypt and Iran could mean closer relations between Iran and Saudi Arabia.

You seem to be from Egypt friend , hope that you guys manage to sort out your problems , its really sad to see the situation in wonderful Egypt , will of egyptian people have been caged far too long its time you guys got your TRUE freedom

We stand by you and hope elections would bring a strong PEOPLE'S government

You seem to be from Egypt friend , hope that you guys manage to sort out your problems , its really sad to see the situation in wonderful Egypt , will of egyptian people have been caged far too long its time you guys got your TRUE freedom

We stand by you and hope elections would bring a strong PEOPLE'S government

First Step is building a good economy and rights for all people, then we focus on other things such as Military :)

Pakistani pilots are very good they came to support us during the wars with Israel and even shot down a few so I should thank Pakistan for that.

Yeah, but the Cheif of Staff, and the head of the Egyptians First, and Second Army warned that something like that would be fatal, and would not keep the pressure of Syria, and it was true. That is why right after the war, Sadat got rid of them. He didn't want them to expose his mistakes, but they did later anyway. Egypt plan was achieved after 2 days, and it was ready to stay in its postions for months to come after 4 days. Israel can not stand a long war due to economic reasons, and can not suffer many casualties due to its limited population, and the plan of the war was to make Israel agree on accept a cease fire when they realize that they can not continue in a war like that, but the war was ruined, and i really blame President Sadat for it.

Back
Top Bottom