What's new

$30bn deal: US to sell F-15s to Saudi Arabia

any news about reconecting relationships between IRAN and Egypt?

Technological wise, no! But pilot training and skill, i think Turkey is as good as Israeli Air Force.

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

I think the Americans have taken that into consideration and already have that in check.
Pilots gets training everywhere, i for fact know that Egyptian pilots get a lot of training, and that training increased a lot after we started working with the US.

All we can do is wait till June till we have a new Parliament, and a new president. The MB who will have over 50% of the seats of the Parliament are for closer relations between Egypt and Iran. They have been always for it for years, so i expect that we see more co-opeartion. Couple of the Presidental candidates who have best chances to win have been calling for relations with Iran for years, we will see how it will work.

I think that Saudi Arabia's Air force is very close to Israeli Air Force technologically, at least the gap between The Arabs and Israel is closer than before, and this is just me thinking.

Technologically, yes, but as Ptex pointed out, training wise and discipline/pilot competitiveness, i don't think so, at least not when compared to Israeli pilots. Not to mention it still hasn't been clear as to whom this build up of arms is aimed at, and neither are we aware of the terms of condition for the use of these F-15's and other aircraft in the deal. But i doubt the USA would supply and fund the potential enemies/rivals of its most dearest ally in the world; Israel.

Well, we don't live in deserts in Egypt, very few people live their,

I wasn't implying that all Egyptians live in the desert, though you can agree with me that most of middle east is desert.

its all about technology and Air coverage, since you got no mountains or anything to hide behind, so your ability to take your enemies tanks and artillery is decisive. They have the technology, and with the help of the US it makes them stronger.

The initial Egyptian strategy in 1973 was very well planned and implemented, however Israel was able to puncture through the Egyptian lines.

When they tried to enter Suez(A city in Egypt) in Ramadan/October 1973 war, they got kicked out by the Egyptian Sakaa(Special forces), with ethe help of the police, and the people.

Sounds like asymmetrical warfare.

Now, when you think about how much did Israel strugle in Lebanon, it makes sense because their long Arms(Air Force) didn't help them that much. You cut their long Arms, no more Israel, easy as that.

The Israelis were bogged down in asymmetrical warfare, however they did make up for that weakness by indiscriminate air strikes that took a heavy toll on the civilian population and infrastructure. Knowing the nature of Israelis, they learn from their mistakes very quickly and never repeat them.

All we can do is wait till June till we have a new Parliament, and a new president. The MB who will have over 50% of the seats of the Parliament are for closer relations between Egypt and Iran. They have been always for it for years, so i expect that we see more co-opeartion. Couple of the Presidental candidates who have best chances to win have been calling for relations with Iran for years, we will see how it will work.
i have heared that KSA offered 4 bilion $ to EGYPT army to avoid reconecting relation with IRAN.is it true?

Indeed Strong Relations with Iran and moving away from the USA is good.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

i have heared that KSA offered 4 bilion $ to EGYPT army to avoid reconecting relation with IRAN.is it true?

They offered money to keep Iran's influence out however failed, I believe they want us in the GCC to keep Egypt out of Iran influence however we will maintain good relations with Iran.

I don't underistimate Israel at all, and i don't think any Muslim nation has a chance against Israel if a war ever happen, but what i am sure about is that we will cause way more casualties than we ever did before.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

No, we will always exist in the ME, you no no. Also, we really don't mind dying for our countries, religion that much, and we know you guys do mind dying.
That is pathetic. If your lives are so worthless, why should anyone care if you live or die? That is why your people keep suffering, your lack of love for life.

Pretty far it's good.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

That is pathetic. If your lives are so worthless, why should anyone care if you live or die? That is why your people keep suffering, your lack of love for life.

Who said our lives are worthless ? If anyone you supported keeping Dictators to keep us in line, is that fact or your opinion ?

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Read on this plane capabilities the only thing downgraded is "joint long stand off weapons" a capability we have abundantly with the typhoon and the tornado.

Instead of harping about the 'downgrading', why couldn't you invest the $30 Billion in R&D in your own country? Why couldn't you produce something better then F-22?

Pilots gets training everywhere, i for fact know that Egyptian pilots get a lot of training, and that training increased a lot after we started working with the US.

Yes that is true, i'm not trying to undermine Egyptian or any other Arab air forces pilots, but come on, lets be real here, we're talking about Israeli pilots who are among the top five air forces and a lot of people agree on that. The experience, discipline that the Israeli pilots have, coupled with the constant state of war their nation is in, i don't think any air force has a really good chance of inflicting losses on these guys on its own.

No plane can complete with F-35 because it can do a vertical Landing !!! Yo.... whatcha talking about

VERTICAL landing is what its all ABOUT

Doe not matter once its in air its a flying coffin vs J10B

Last edited by a moderator:
Even to F-35 & F-22?? You guys are unbelievable!

I wonder what will happen when the oil runs out.......return of the nomads?

Saudi's man usa selling them junk to keep supremacy over Iran. their pilots however aren't that good.

I really doubt that. The Egyptian army conseil said in an interview with the American press that they should not expect in change in Egypts policy while they are in power, but also they should expect change when the elected Parliament takes power since they will have no power over it. No, i don't think in change will happen, but when the MB takes power change will happen.... Actually, the former Egyptian Cheif of Staff who was gonna run for presidency but just pulled out was on TV the other day and said that Egypt should take Iran's example in Arms manufacture and have more co-operation with them. Also, closer relations between Egypt and Iran could mean closer relations between Iran and Saudi Arabia.

Yes that is true, i'm not trying to undermine Egyptian or any other Arab air forces pilots, but come on, lets be real here, we're talking about Israeli pilots who are among the top five air forces and a lot of people agree on that. The experience, discipline that the Israeli pilots have, coupled with the constant state of war their nation is in, i don't think any air force has a really good chance of inflicting losses on these guys on its own.

Better Training and more Discipline, Indeed Israeli went into Lebanon and beat all of Syria's pilots without losing a single loss.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom