What's new

$30bn deal: US to sell F-15s to Saudi Arabia

Yeah, but the Cheif of Staff, and the head of the Egyptians First, and Second Army warned that something like that would be fatal, and would not keep the pressure of Syria, and it was true. That is why right after the war, Sadat got rid of them. He didn't want them to expose his mistakes, but they did later anyway. Egypt plan was achieved after 2 days, and it was ready to stay in its postions for months to come after 4 days. Israel can not stand a long war due to economic reasons, and can not suffer many casualties due to its limited population, and the plan of the war was to make Israel agree on accept a cease fire when they realize that they can not continue in a war like that, but the war was ruined, and i really blame President Sadat for it.

Believe the first step is getting a better Economy and Human Rights for everyone is the key. then we can build up a domestic military industry

Garbage .. being sold , for 30 Billion dollars

For 4 billion Saudia could have manufactured their own fighter plane with China and Pakistan
and may be invest 26 billion Dollars on people , and helping Muslims countries with donations:agree:

3 Billion for 40 JF17 Thunders , and 1 billion for SD 10 and smart bombs

What a shame , they bought F15 a 1970's garbage

This looks more like "RANSOM" pay to US "protectors" from Kings

I can see it now , when they will really have to use it none of the "electronics" would work since it will all be bugged

Not even JF-17 but instead a new 5th Gen fighter plane with help of China+Russia+Pakistan like PAK-FA that Russia is developing with India.

You seem to be from Egypt friend , hope that you guys manage to sort out your problems , its really sad to see the situation in wonderful Egypt , will of egyptian people have been caged far too long its time you guys got your TRUE freedom

We stand by you and hope elections would bring a strong PEOPLE'S government
Thanks, and i hope the best for you brother.... I don't think you should be sad at all, it is a process, Rome was not build in one day, and comapred to other countries, it is not going that bad. Parliament elections is almost over, and writing a new constitution will be next, folllowed by presidential elections, then we can get back to real work and improving our economy

Pakistani pilots are very good they came to support us during the wars with Israel and even shot down a few so I should thank Pakistan for that.

Yeah, those were one of our best pilots actually, they were battle hardened veterans of the 1965 indo-pak war in which they shot down many indian aircraft.

I remember we had a good debate regarding the PAF involvement in the Arab-Israeli wars, here is a detailed post about the pilots and the Israelis they shot down: http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...srael-war-museum-free-trip-8.html#post2064534

Believe the first step is getting a better Economy and Human Rights for everyone is the key. then we can build up a domestic military industry
Agree with you, Egypt's economy has huge potentials, and once you have a good economy, we can focus on building up a domestic military industry with the help of our brothers in Iran, Pakistan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, ect..

F-15 is garbage? The package they are getting is very good. Old means it's a proven platform coupled with an excellent combat record. Look at the technical specs!

Man, I swear some of you guys are online JF-17 salesmen! :argh:

Anyways, congrats to the Saudis on the new toys.

Excellent combat record no doubt but compared to what? Has the plane ever been again equally capable counterparts from Russia with equally trained pilots? Weren't USAF F-15's beaten by IAF SU-30MKI's in exercises? How would the Jets fare against Su-35 or Rafale in capable hands??

Excellent combat record no doubt but compared to what? Has the plane ever been again equally capable counterparts from Russia with equally trained pilots? Weren't USAF F-15's beaten by IAF SU-30MKI's in exercises? How would the Jets fare against Su-35 or Rafale in capable hands??

Probably get destroyed , the newer planes are destroying these F15 ratio of 1:5 per dog fight

Its still a nice plane , but just that technology has caught up considerably

Okay then but they will suffer consequences. If you think we will sit around idolly while our trade route is crippled then think again. Our Air Force alone can blow the Iranian navy to kingdom come. He'll if you ask me this whole deal is just an over kill.

If Russia has transferred the S-300 SAM system to Iran, I doubt your AF can get even close, let alone get a chance to take IRAF on!

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

Probably get destroyed , the newer planes are destroying these F15 ratio of 1:5 per dog fight

Its still a nice plane , but just that technology has caught up considerably

They could have bought 500 stealth JF-17's with AESA and BVR for that price with training, spares, armaments and what not! And they money would have helped China and Pakistan a lot too!

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

I assume you are part of some intelligence agency then right? LoL. Yes the US will have nothing to do with Saudi F-15 in case of war with Israel BUT and a very important BUT is in order, the most they can do is stop supply of spare parts and in time the aircraft will be rendered ineffective and then again BUT and a very big BUT our def ensue companies already make F-15 spare parts and sub-systems. That will extend the war long enough since Israel can not handle a long warfare scenario .

You forgot 1 thing, your pilots are no match for IAF pilots and if things really do get out of hands, Israel can drop an A-Bomb on Riyadh and end things right there and then!

Even to F-35 & F-22?? You guys are unbelievable!

I wonder what will happen when the oil runs out.......return of the nomads?

You wish but we will not give you or your ilk the pleasure.

If Russia has transferred the S-300 SAM system to Iran, I doubt your AF can get even close, let alone get a chance to take IRAF on!
Russia hasn't officially transferred the S-300 to Iran, though Iran could have acquired it through Syria or other means.

They could have bought 500 stealth JF-17's with AESA and BVR for that price with training, spares, armaments and what not! And they money would have helped China and Pakistan a lot too!
There is no such thing as "stealth JF-17", its only partially stealthy and that too BLK2 or BLK3, if it was completely stealthy it would have most likely cost 90 million each. Not trying to undermine the JF-17, its a good multirole light combat jet and deadly when used to its full potential, but its not stealthy, at least not the current block, though its Radar Cross Section is pretty low for its size.

But I have an understanding that KSA military is composed primarily of influential who are promoted through the ranks due to favours and that their personal capabilities are pathetic so no matter how good the machine is, they will always be behind the Israeli's.

Those pathetic pilots taught Iranian pilots a lesson they will never forget. One pilot shot down 2 of their jets and one had to run with its tails between its legs. Yeah pathetic pilots indeed. OH and that was more than like 30 years ago when most our county people could barely read too. LMAO

You wish but we will not give you or your ilk the pleasure.

Well there are only 2 things the future has for you, unless you change your ways, 1) you will be annihilated by Israel or Iran & 2) You will return to your camps when the oil runs out in 30-50 or 100 years. We can only hope that something wakes up your pride as a nation and you start competing with the world on technology instead of who can spend more on the highest building in the world!

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

Those pathetic pilots taught Iranian pilots a lesson they will never forget. One pilot shot down 2 of their jets and one had to run with its tails between its legs. Yeah pathetic pilots indeed. OH and that was more than like 30 years ago when most our county people could barely read too. LMAO

Your Air combats have been carried out by pilots on hire (usually from PAF), ignorance cannot be an excuse!

But....which encounter are you referring to?

I seriously hope, for your analytic skills, that you are being sarcastic!. MMRCA deal is worth around US$14 for 126 Jets + ToT and 60% reinvestment in India! No sane mind can compare that with 84 Jets at US$30 Billion even with some goodies.

And you are an utter and complete fool. Oh look over there an Iranian a$$ kiss it kiss it quickly. Oh man you were about to go to heaven it was one of the Imams too nuts.

Back to topic. Read what the deal contain stupido.

Back
Top Bottom