What's new

3 Force modernization drive: Tk 12, 985 crore proposed as defence budget

1. A major procurement has to be worked out backward from two principal factors, beside others:

2. I have doubts this list has been worked out in that manner. Perhaps kickbacks to the political cronies of the Govt have been the major factor. In BD the military high command isn't very high as in Pakistan. Political pressure on the BD military high command is pretty pronounced. I heard rumors that the Indian DA at Dhaka was first presented the list for vetting.

If you hear just a rumour about our armed forces purchasing of weapons, better you keep it within yourself. Otherwise, post a link to prove your point. You can also come up with a valid argument. But spreading a gossip about our military purchases only harm the country.

The Sukhoi Su-30 that is being evaluated are KnAAPO made are the best option for Bangladesh Air Force as its got all the teeth a force needs. Its one of the best 4+ generation aircraft in Air-to-Air and air-to-ground mission with great radar. It can track upto 12 aircraft and simultaniously engage upto 6 targets. It has great mission radious, and can carry upto 8,000 kg of weapons in 12 hardpoints. It is famous for some of the ariel moves that only a few aircraft can perform. It has twine engine, so its more safe. And best of all bangladesh air force (if selects finally) can have it in much less price than original with a great loan facility. JF-17 is piece of crap compared to Su-30MK2. J-10 is comparable to second hand mig-29 or Mig-29A/B.

According to my source, BAF is also planning to replace the F-7BG squadron in 2026 with Su-30MK3. So, if my source is correct, then in 2026 BAF will have at least 2 squadrons (32 aircraft) of Su-30MK2/3 and 1 squadron (16 aircraft) of Mig-29SMT.

JF-17 will come with very cheap price tag only 15-20mil $ so you can have 3-4 Jf-17 with one Su-30 price tag..... you can add awacs to your inventory......... BD have less air space to defend , so adding SAMS along with JF-17 and radar systems + AWACS will give more security..... If BD concerns about India then SU-30 will not be useful....... gripen and JF-17 is more suitable for BD........

@Major Sahab, we cannot see the BGI photograph. Upload it again.

The Sukhoi Su-30 that is being evaluated are KnAAPO made are the best option for Bangladesh Air Force as its got all the teeth a force needs. Its one of the best 4+ generation aircraft in Air-to-Air and air-to-ground mission with great radar. It can track upto 12 aircraft and simultaniously engage upto 6 targets. It has great mission radious, and can carry upto 8,000 kg of weapons in 12 hardpoints. It is famous for some of the ariel moves that only a few aircraft can perform. It has twine engine, so its more safe. And best of all bangladesh air force (if selects finally) can have it in much less price than original with a great loan facility. JF-17 is piece of crap compared to Su-30MK2. J-10 is comparable to second hand mig-29 or Mig-29A/B.

According to my source, BAF is also planning to replace the F-7BG squadron in 2026 with Su-30MK3. So, if my source is correct, then in 2026 BAF will have at least 2 squadrons (32 aircraft) of Su-30MK2/3 and 1 squadron (16 aircraft) of Mig-29SMT.

Bro,I respect your opinion but how do you think that su30 is a good option? First , its a heavy weight twin engine fighter
jet which we have no use for. Our defensive forces won't go for deep strike on enemy territory.
Second that bird is thoroughly mastered by IAF and they know inside out of that aircraft and we won't
ever get the source codes for the fighter from Russia(an indian ally) in any crisis situation. You
are opting for the same fighter , a possible adversary has thoroughly mastered!!! That's why I said
anything russian is not good. Even if I agree with you for the sake of argument, BAF is comfortable with the fuel eating Beast Mig29, but now you are throwing a new Sukoi system at them.
What will be the maintenance cost of these 2 types of jets? Awami dalals hypocrital policy of
buying Russian aerospace platforms is out of touch with reality and our militarie's threat
perception. We may be the only country in the world that is getting 90% of her arms from
china but ended up with a russian mig for the airforce. As I said there are other options available and if we have to buy any more russian , we should go for migs only. BAL's corruption on
Mig-29 scandal is well known and who knows what they have in mind when they talk about
Su30.

1L117M 3D early warning ground controlled interception radar

Technical information

Operation frequency band 10 cm
Maximum range, km 350
Angle of aspect in the vertical plane, deg 28
Accuracy of coordinate measuring (RMS errors):

in range, m 125
in azimuth, arc minutes 6
in height, m 400
Resolution:

in range, m 125
in azimuth, deg 1
Clutter suppression factor, dB 45
Rate of data renewal, s 5 and 10
Quantity of tracked targets 200
Power consumption, kW 50
Environmental conditions:

operating temperature range, °C from minus 40 up to +50
from minus 40 up to +50 up to 100 (for tropical version)
wind speed, m/s up to 25 without radome

Cool..I'm safe from any enemy bombing on my head, I live closer to this radar :lol: .

Bro,I respect your opinion but how do you think that su30 is a good option? First , its a heavy weight twin engine fighter
jet which we have no use for. Our defensive forces won't go for deep strike on enemy territory.
Second that bird is thoroughly mastered by IAF and they know inside out of that aircraft and we won't
ever get the source codes for the fighter from Russia(an indian ally) in any crisis situation. You
are opting for the same fighter , a possible adversary has thoroughly mastered!!! That's why I said
anything russian is not good. Even if I agree with you for the sake of argument, BAF is comfortable with the fuel eating Beast Mig29, but now you are throwing a new Sukoi system at them.
What will be the maintenance cost of these 2 types of jets? Awami dalals hypocrital policy of
buying Russian aerospace platforms is out of touch with reality and our militarie's threat
perception. We may be the only country in the world that is getting 90% of her arms from
china but ended up with a russian mig for the airforce. As I said there are other options available and if we have to buy any more russian , we should go for migs only. BAL's corruption on
Mig-29 scandal is well known and who knows what they have in mind when they talk about
Su30.

After the end of this term no one will be able to stand the stink of bal govt.'s arms purchase corruption definitely :meeting: .

After the end of this term no one will be able to stand the stink of bal govt.'s arms purchase corruption definitely :meeting: .

The one thing I am worried about is that, if they make a deal with the russians. The next gov won't
be able to change it. They are already talking about $800 million worth of arms from russia alone,
and russians won't allow such a deal to slip through just because change of gov.

The one thing I am worried about is that, if they make a deal with the russians. The next gov won't
be able to change it. They are already talking about $800 million worth of arms from russia alone,
and russians won't allow such a deal to slip through just because change of gov.

Well....why do you want to cancel the deal after their (bal) term if next govt. can continue that fairly? It's a great combination having both Chinese, Russian and US toys on the theater you know. Moreover, it really harms the image of a country to foreigner seeing this confusing bi-lateral deal which gets stronger in one govt. term and gets totally cut in next term. There maybe political collision between two parties, that should never reflect in behavior to outsider. indo-Russian friendship never means Russia will be biased to india if BD had the diplomatic capability from the beginning. Every country generally wants to make its ally unidirectional regardless of that country's diplomatic relation with others, might be that country is ally of this country's enemy....matters very little. If BD didn't cut the relation with Russia after 75, within this time BD would have strong friendship with them like BD-China, BD-US friendship. Just look at Iran, it's now archenemy of US-israel but it's still friendly with india whose close allies are now US-israel. Again this Iran is a good friend of Pakistan too. The same thing applies to Russia...it's friendly with both China and india but these two nations might anytime in future start fighting.

If you hear just a rumour about our armed forces purchasing of weapons, better you keep it within yourself. Otherwise, post a link to prove your point. You can also come up with a valid argument. But spreading a gossip about our military purchases only harm the country.
Be assured my comments aren't gossip. These are well thought out, and made deliberately.

Be assured my comments aren't gossip. These are well thought out, and made deliberately.

It makes sense to ask India. They procure a lot of weapons and can "suggest" what to buy and what not buy which has the most "ROI" for the signing authority :P

You wrote "JF-17 is piece of crap compared to Su-30MK2. J-10 is comparable to second hand mig-29 or Mig-29A/B."

You cant insult national achievements like jf 17, tejas or J10 without being spammed with replies from pakistanis, indians and chinese repectively :P . In this case you touched the nerve of a mod :D. Anyway i think you better talk to him personally about this

I did mail him with no response from him.

Now I've got another one from Irfan Baloch for trolling.....:what::what::chilli::welcome::tdown:

I suggest you to stick to the current topic. We have to understand we are guests in this Pakistani defence forum. There are certain rules all of us must observe here and in all other forums. So, do not get emotional and keep on sending informative posts on the 3D Force Modernization Plan of the military. The refractions will go away after a certain period. In the meanwhile do not post something that goes against the national interest of Pakistan.

Well....why do you want to cancel the deal after their (bal) term if next govt. can continue that fairly? It's a great combination having both Chinese, Russian and US toys on the theater you know. Moreover, it really harms the image of a country to foreigner seeing this confusing bi-lateral deal which gets stronger in one govt. term and gets totally cut in next term. There maybe political collision between two parties, that should never reflect in behavior to outsider. indo-Russian friendship never means Russia will be biased to india if BD had the diplomatic capability from the beginning. Every country generally wants to make its ally unidirectional regardless of that country's diplomatic relation with others, might be that country is ally of this country's enemy....matters very little. If BD didn't cut the relation with Russia after 75, within this time BD would have strong friendship with them like BD-China, BD-US friendship. Just look at Iran, it's now archenemy of US-israel but it's still friendly with india whose close allies are now US-israel. Again this Iran is a good friend of Pakistan too. The same thing applies to Russia...it's friendly with both China and india but these two nations might anytime in future start fighting.

well, I am not talking about cancelling but I am against this rumored su30 deal. We urgently need to
diversify our source and cash starved force like BAF should only maintain 1 type of fighter or
at best 2. Now is the time to get equipped with a new jet.

Russia will never side with BD in a BD-IND crisis. IND is one of the worlds biggest arms market
and russia won't lose it for puny BD. Its quite foolish to think that Russia will do otherwise.
Russian defence industry is too heavily connected with IND. As for keeping reations with russia,
you have to remember that it was soviet union then and they literally had given up BD to INDIA.
They considered us as an indian vasal and there were no use in maintaining such relations then.
Actually we only had a master-slave relations with IND only from 1971-1975 and were disconected from the outside world. Pres.ZIA policy of getting BD out of India's grip and moving closer
to the US and china would have fallen flat by trying to keep cosy relations with S.union.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom