What's new

3 Force modernization drive: Tk 12, 985 crore proposed as defence budget

well, I am not talking about cancelling but I am against this rumored su30 deal. We urgently need to
diversify our source and cash starved force like BAF should only maintain 1 type of fighter or
at best 2. Now is the time to get equipped with a new jet.

Russia will never side with BD in a BD-IND crisis. IND is one of the worlds biggest arms market
and russia won't lose it for puny BD. Its quite foolish to think that Russia will do otherwise.
Russian defence industry is too heavily connected with IND. As for keeping reations with russia,
you have to remember that it was soviet union then and they literally had given up BD to INDIA.
They considered us as an indian vasal and there were no use in maintaining such relations then.
Actually we only had a master-slave relations with IND only from 1971-1975 and were disconected from the outside world. Pres.ZIA policy of getting BD out of India's grip and moving closer
to the US and china would have fallen flat by trying to keep cosy relations with S.union.:)

Dude, Russia sells more sophisticated weapon system to India's arch enemy China. And regarding the bolded part, Russia had better ties with BD than India that time. They given us Mig-21 the most advanced fighter of that time. Not only that, most of the power plant built by Russia which we still use.

Currently Russia is giving us the hardware and technology (nuclear) which is unavailable from any other source.

^India has long been using MiG-21s long before us. And surprisingly, they still do!

Dude, Russia sells more sophisticated weapon system to India's arch enemy China. And regarding the bolded part, Russia had better ties with BD than India that time. They given us Mig-21 the most advanced fighter of that time. Not only that, most of the power plant built by Russia which we still use.

Currently Russia is giving us the hardware and technology (nuclear) which is unavailable from any other source.

Historic claims again....................... there is no BD before 1971...... then how can BD have good relation with Russia..... NIXON send it's battle group against INDIA not against you..... Soviet Union blocked their battle group to help India...... give some credit India dude... we risk alot..... Russia came to help because of INDIA...... don't be such ignorant.... India prepared to face any threat from USA, and pakistan..... USA asked China to attack us.... but they refused to attack us...

^India has long been using MiG-21s long before us. And surprisingly, they still do!

After independence. BAF received a significant donation from the former USSR and later from China. Among the aircraft delivered were 10 single-seat MiG-21MF and 2 twin-seat =12 MiG-21UM.

now look

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21 Interceptor Fighter 56+138+56 = 250 Manufactured under license by HAL

LOLZ best joke of 2012 :rofl: in fact india say russia to help you guys :tdown: india was gate of you guys .

LOLZ best joke of 2012 :rofl: in fact india say russia to help you guys :tdown: india was gate of you guys .

I know my history more than you do.. dont you think that?

BD moved straight to communist block and imposed communism in Bangladesh. And everything was done with direct involvement with Russia. India had no part in it.

Donating some mig-21 doesn't mean anything. It was an unofficial policy of russia to recognize BD as india's backyard and they didn't have to fight capitalism directly here. Remember we were socilist
back then. And russian sell of arms to china is the for the same reason as india i.e a huge arms
market. Compare this to puny BD. I am talking about a real crisis scenario/ a skirmishes involving
air space violations. Will BD get support from russia. I am just saying that buying su30 after mig29
is not a good idea. Strategic weapons need strategic considerations keeping in mind all possible
threat perceptions over the long term.

As for the nuclear deal, who said that there was no other source available? As far as I heard BAL
didn't even issue a tender.We are buying it with our money, so why not choose pragmatically.I have no problem with this nuke deal though but its just that BAL simply chooses russian over everything else whenever the come to power. Japanese and freanch tech are much advanced than russian and korean is much cheaper. Turks are building 2 nuke reactors with korean and russian
mix.

I know my history more than you do.. dont you think that?

BD moved straight to communist block and imposed communism in Bangladesh. And everything was done with direct involvement with Russia. India had no part in it.

please open a thread on it its not the place for talk on it .

Donating some mig-21 doesn't mean anything. It was an unofficial policy of russia to recognize BD as india's backyard and they didn't have to fight capitalism directly here. Remember we were socilist
back then. And russian sell of arms to china is the for the same reason as india i.e a huge arms
market. Compare this to puny BD. I am talking about a real crisis scenario/ a skirmishes involving
air space violations. Will BD get support from russia. I am just saying that buying su30 after mig29
is not a good idea. Strategic weapons need strategic considerations keeping in mind all possible
threat perceptions over the long term.

This is no more a bi polar world and Russia will not side with anybody or not in position to do so. Strategically, only China and USA will get involved actively. China should remain as our strategic partner and most hardware are coming from China too. But to get an extra edge tactically we need to source sophisticated weapons system from somewhere else as long as China unable to provide so. That was my point.

As for the nuclear deal, who said that there was no other source available? As far as I heard BAL
didn't even issue a tender.We are buying it with our money, so why not choose pragmatically.I have no problem with this nuke deal though but its just that BAL simply chooses russian over everything else whenever the come to power. Japanese and freanch tech are much advanced than russian and korean is much cheaper. Turks are building 2 nuke reactors with korean and russian
mix.

BD wanted a state to state contract and other than Russia nobody was willing to do so. Everybody else including China wanted us to deal with private suppliers which is not a good option considering the technology transfer and loan agreement. We are getting complete TOT from Russian including training of our manpower and scholarship from Russian government.

State to State contract does not need any tendering process as neither party will be making profit. Also there wont be any kickback involved.

PS: All Russian 3rd generation reactor comes with Japanese core or inner dome.

BD wanted a state to state contract and other than Russia nobody was willing to do so. Everybody else including China wanted us to deal with private suppliers which is not a good option considering the technology transfer and loan agreement. We are getting complete TOT from Russian including training of our manpower and scholarship from Russian government.

State to State contract does not need any tendering process as neither party will be making profit. Also there wont be any kickback involved.

PS: All Russian 3rd generation reactor comes with Japanese core or inner dome.

Don't know much about this private supplier's thing but all major chinese companies are state
owned. All major chinese tech export occurs via state backing. Any way are you sure about the
TOT. We can't even make a decent tyre or casis of locomotives, and here you are talking about
nuclear reactors.:undecided: As far as I heard russia will be providing the manpower for
maintenance and operation of the plant for 10-15 years. At least that would be the amount of
time it would take us to develop decent man power to run those reactors. And only Dhaka uni
is planning to start nuclear engeneering and no other uni has this subject. We have a long way
to go before asking for TOT.:lol: But yes russia will be training the future technicians of BD for operating those
reactors.

MOD EDIT

Don't know much about this private supplier's thing but all major chinese companies are state
owned. All major chinese tech export occurs via state backing. Any way are you sure about the
TOT. We can't even make a decent tyre or casis of locomotives, and here you are talking about
nuclear reactors.:undecided: As far as I heard russia will be providing the manpower for
maintenance and operation of the plant for 10-15 years. At least that would be the amount of
time it would take us to develop decent man power to run those reactors. And only Dhaka uni
is planning to start nuclear engeneering and no other uni has this subject. We have a long way
to go before asking for TOT.:lol:

Well I read the contract and MOU which included complete TOT included reactor building, enrichment of uranium, mining etc. It covered everything. You can google it and find the original MOU.

Even though Chinese companies are state owned yet Chinese wanted us to sign agreement with the company not the government. Besides Chinese offered only 2nd generation reactor which are of capacity 300/600 MW. Once you are dealing with company you will not get the technology.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom