What's new

3 Force modernization drive: Tk 12, 985 crore proposed as defence budget

Read 1974 defense policy. BD yet to acquire the requisite manpower which were mentioned in 1974 policy. Stop bullcrapping.

I believe you were first boy in your class....don't understand things other than bookish :P .

How is the MiG-29 case related to the BNP's tenure? It had nothing to do with them. In fact, they tried to sell them off during their previous tenure.

I meant to say probably previous BNP govt. had plan to buy fighters from any country...then later when BAL govt. came they materialized the fighter procurement plan (of previous govt.) by buying Mig-29s...got it? Mig-29s procurement doesn't relate to BNP.

I believe you were first boy in your class....don't understand things other than bookish :P .

Thats wht all the back bencher thinks.. But when time comes they all fail and the first bencher have to take charge.

I meant to say probably previous BNP govt. had plan to buy fighters from any country...then later when BAL govt. came they materialized the fighter procurement plan (of previous govt.) by buying Mig-29s...got it? Mig-29s procurement doesn't relate to BNP.

mmm....we did request F-16s to the US before. They obviously refused (saying it as 'inappropriate' for a nation like Bangladesh).
http://www.f-16.net/news_article188.html

Now that was way back in the Ershad-era.

The matter was discussed here:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/113695-u-s-refused-sell-f-16s-bangladesh.html

That's why the AL bought MiG-29s. Other than the corruption that riddled it, it has stirred controversy.
BBC News | South Asia | Accusations fly over war plane deal

Frankly, I don't see any evidence that BNP had ever opted for 4th generation aircraft. Not even 'maybes'.

Thats wht all the back bencher thinks.. But when time comes they all fail and the first bencher have to take charge.

And this first bencher once starts screaming "tk 4000 cr corruption is not a big matter". False arrogance- key to destruction.

Back
Top Bottom