What's new

3 Force modernization drive: Tk 12, 985 crore proposed as defence budget

Now I've got another one from Irfan Baloch for trolling.....:what::what::chilli::welcome::tdown:
PDF seems to be booting the throat of democracy :butcher: ! I wonder how criticizing a product hits a national issue. Anyone has the right to criticize a product regardless of the origin of product, national sentiment shouldn't be so weaker that criticism of a product makes it vulnerable :undecided:.

PDF seems to be booting the throat of democracy :butcher: ! I wonder how criticizing a product hits a national issue. Anyone has the right to criticize a product regardless of the origin of product, national sentiment shouldn't be so weaker that criticism of a product makes it vulnerable :undecided:.

Constructive criticism that is.

Not non-constructive ones like "product X sucks", or something.

9 years and 6000 people
work with 1Bn$ and 6000 ( technicians engineers air-force personals) work on it please have mercy on us man .:frown:

9 years and 6000 people
work with 500mn$ and 600 ( Technations engineers air-force personals work on it please have mercy on us man .:frown:

It never means that's out of criticism, we simply criticize the highest tech owners in the world...don't we? Of course that was a great effort over the success of JF-17. Shah Jahan built Taj Mahal one of the most beautiful palaces in the world with effort of 22k people (not sure) over 20 years but I'm never attracted to see it as he also cut the hands of laborers, I have my utmost criticism over that palace....just saying nothing else.

It never means that's out of criticism, we simply criticize the highest tech owners in the world...don't we? Of course that was a great effort over the success of JF-17. Shah Jahan built Taj Mahal one of the most beautiful palaces in the world with effort of 22k people (not sure) over 20 years but I'm never attracted to see it as he also cut the hands of laborers, I have my utmost criticism over that palace....just saying nothing else.

I AGREE WITH YOU BROTHER . but its 2012 we pakistanis work many many years on JF-17 we have emotional relation with jf-17 . we feel so sad when our brothers hurt us .please leave aside JF-17 criticism when you post . its simply we make first time in history of Muslim world and we love our bird . its may be whatever for you guys but its hope for us a ray of light for us . tell me honestly if JF-17 was made in Bangladesh you guys will use same words for it ?:frown:

There are advantages of buying the equipment that India uses.
For one Bd would save significant money in repair and overhaul as there would be huge economies of scale.
Secondly because of geographical proximity BD would not have to send equipment to Russia as India manufactures many of Russian arms directly..so higher uptime .
Third Bd can get useful training and operational guidance for similar equipment.
Fourth it would increase interoperability between India and BD.

eg: India already trains Malaysian pilots and helps their technicians in using the su-30.
there is some kind of a scorpene submarine club as well.

All in all it reduces cost of ownership for BD substantially.

For one Bd would save significant money in repair and overhaul as there would be huge economies of scale.
Secondly because of geographical proximity BD would not have to send equipment to Russia as India manufactures many of Russian arms directly..so higher uptime .
Third Bd can get useful training and operational guidance for similar equipment.

eg: India already trains Malaysian pilots and helps their technicians in using the su-30.

Sounds good on paper, but in reality its a different story . Neighours do not usually share their high end military tool so easily, cos of national security issues.

As for the training of pilots, Bangladesh and India do send their pilots to each others country for training(the basic stuff)

Planning Minister AK Khandakar, who is in charge of ministry of defence in parliament, said while responding to a question from lawmaker Asma Jerin Jhumu.
He said all the units and formations of the army will be equipped with efficient personnel and information technology.
The minister said the government has taken short-term, mid-term, and long-term plans to strengthen and modernize the armed forces to protect the country from outside attacks. He said ‘Force’s Goal 2030’ has been set and formulated to this end.
The minister said organogram of overall intelligence headquarters is equipped with latest technology and efficient personnel. He said the armed forces would also be equipped with necessary tools used in UN peace keeping missions.
He said two helicopters, 1 aircraft refueling truck, 3 recovery truck, 12 explosive ordnance disposal, 120 armoured personnel carriers, 10 APC ambulance, 10 armoured recovery vehicle have been bought in 2009-2010.
He said 129 tank wireless sets have been bought in 2010-2011.
Besides 44 MBT-2000 tanks, 3 armored recovery vehicle, 2 weapon locating radar, 18 self-propelled gun, one electronic met station, 2 sound ranging equipment, 200 surface to air missile, 113 anti-tank guided weapon, 1150 anti-tank weapon, 10 automatic grenade launcher, seven light mortar, 1 ground surveillance radar and 25 machine gun carrying vehicles were on the process of procurement, he said. He said 29 more units would be created in mid-term plan and 25 more would be created as per the government’s long-term plan for strengthening the army.

The minister said two warships and one survey-ship have been brought for the Bangladesh Navy. He said the navy ships have been equipped with shoulder launched surface to air missiles.
Two helicopters have been procured and two large patrol craft, two maritime patrol aircraft, five patrol craft and one oil tanker were being constructed for the navy. Two corvettes will be added to the navy and process of buying two off the shelf frigates has initiated.

For the air force, deals have been signed to collect 16 F-7 war-craft, three MI 17 helicopters and two radars, the minister said. Two more air defense radars would also be bought in 2011-2012, he said.

@ Major Shaheb - Do you know if the F7-BGI will carry the SD-10 BVR?

It might. KLJ-6F radar has a range of over 86km and shoot at targets as far as 65-70 km.

1) Many have contradicted a BVR option for F-7BGI by saying its nose is too small to install one. So, is it correct or should we trust your statement that it is BVR capable that can see multiple targets 86 km away and shoot at two targets simultaneously (probably when these are little closer, say 30 or 40 km away). So, is it possible that BGI plane will look quite different with a long nose and consequently a changed structure?

2) WP-14C Kunlun 3 engines have a thrust of 8,360kg. It is almost same as the thrust of JF-17 at 8,700kgf. However JF achieves this thrust at the take off stage when the air is thick. One question about F-7BGI needs to be answered. Is also its thrust of 8,360 kg achieved when in thick air at take off stage?

The structure of the airframe remains almost same as J-7G2 with minor change in Double Delta wing design and in tail section. Nose or air intake remains same as KLJ-6F does not require any extra space. It is of the same size as KLJ-6E.

I AGREE WITH YOU BROTHER . but its 2012 we pakistanis work many many years on JF-17 we have emotional relation with jf-17 . we feel so sad when our brothers hurt us .please leave aside JF-17 criticism when you post . its simply we make first time in history of Muslim world and we love our bird . its may be whatever for you guys but its hope for us a ray of light for us . tell me honestly if JF-17 was made in Bangladesh you guys will use same words for it ?:frown:

Honestly speaking I'd be proud to see Bangladesh developing a fighter and I'd be fired if anyone criticized it bad or good. But I have doubt that being a Mod of a forum I'd throw warning to one or deleted comments (on zero tolerance) who criticized our proud products...that's all I want to say.

Honestly speaking I'd be proud to see Bangladesh developing a fighter and I'd be fired if anyone criticized it bad or good. But I have doubt that being a Mod of a forum I'd throw warning to one or deleted comments (on zero tolerance) who criticized our proud products...that's all I want to say.

he got infractions because JF-17 has nothing to do with thread nor its being discussed here its of topic of him which he always did .if he want to criticized he can go JF-17 sticky thread . not everywhere .

Great soul....you have appreciable mind you want to assist us. You missed to add some points here:

** The crap indian serviced (repaired or overhauled) hardware might not fire on warfield at least the ones that will be supplied to BD.
** Being trained by indian our pilots will be flying coffin pilots :rofl: . Just listen to me send your unskilled military personnel to BD, trust me they will be trained as the best and be pride of your nation :agree:.

^We'll do fine by ourselves. Our goal is to be self-sufficient. Not being dependent on another country.

And actually, IAF pilots do spend quite a bit of time on their Su-30s that is comparable to the NATO nations.

What's more, we aren't operating the Su-30 yet. And it is very unlikely that we'd go for the Scorpene-class sub. It is expensive. It is likely to be either German or Chinese.

Great soul....you have appreciable mind you want to assist us. You missed to add some points here:

** The crap indian serviced (repaired or overhauled) hardware might not fire on warfield at least the ones that will be supplied to BD.
** Being trained by indian our pilots will be flying coffin pilots :rofl: . Just listen to me send your unskilled military personnel to BD, trust me they will be trained as the best and be pride of your nation :agree:.

my god..... definitely Indira gandhi did mistake by helping you people....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom