What's new

27 Feb 19: PAF shot down two Indian aircrafts inside Pakistani airspace: DG ISPR

The only thing I don't like about the 27 Feb episode is that Indians justified their actions over Balakot to prevent cross-border terrorism. After observing the situation in Kashmir for 2 years we didn't see any big indent in Kashmir which implies that that the Indian actions have some effect in controlling the so-called non-state actors.
Pulwama was blue on blue, a politically driven attack by BJP's need for securing an electoral win. It had nothing to do with Pakistan, even then. Good try to pander Indian propaganda though. =)

When you have over 250 SU-30s at your disposal (Considered as one of the top air superiority fighter) and still cry out for a few dozen Rafales, it does mean you are not satisfied with the outcome of your best in the inventory. Pakistan never complained to Russia, France or Israel for supplying India with their platforms and weapons.

They didn't cry for any Rafales, India was trying to acquire new fighter jets since 2008 in their MRCA competition, Rafale won that competition in 2012, but then it was delayed due to co-production disagreements. And also, last year India Purchased MiG-29s and more Su-30s.

Pakistan didn't shoot down any Su-30's, you can't confirm this from independent sources, if we consider unsubstantiated claims, then Pakistan also lost an F-16 according to India.

This was erected on one of PAF base.

operation-swift-retort-memorial.jpeg

The PAF pilot who shot down SU30 came on media and discussed the air battle.

None of which has happened in case of Indian claims of F16. I am actually waiting for them to bring forth the pilot and let him make his claim of F16.

As I said, I am more interested in the Israeli angle in this, you are free to believe what ever you want.

View attachment 716897

None of which has happened in case of Indian claims of F16. I am actually waiting for them to bring forth the pilot and let him make his claim of F16.

As I said, I am more interested in the Israeli angle in this, you are free to believe what ever you want.

Don't worry about that, there will be 100s of indian pilots claiming to have shot down 20 Pakistani F-16s with 2 missiles........... :disagree:

View attachment 716897

Alright, where's your proof that the MiG pilot didn't get a missile warning? You are imagining things then making a conclusion based on unverified claims. How did you know the warning system didn't work?

Alright, where's your proof that the MiG pilot didn't get a missile warning? You are imagining things then making a conclusion based on unverified claims. How did you know the warning system didn't work?

Time stamped the documentary for you. Pay attention to words. "Didnt seems to work that day". Guy is no mug.

Why your Israeli arse on fire btw? Shit happens, move along.

Time stamped the documentary for you. Pay attention to words. "Didnt seems to work that day". Guy is no mug.

Why your Israeli arse on fire btw? Shit happens, move along.

So basically, they are concluding Abhinandan didn't know he was being tracked/attacked because he didn't drop his fuel tanks to try to evade the missile? And that means the system didn't work? I don't think so.. that just indicates bad decision making by the pilot... Also we don't have the full picture yet, what was the range and direction of engagement? Was it head-on? The angle of attack can make a difference when it comes to warning.

They didn't cry for any Rafales, India was trying to acquire new fighter jets since 2008 in their MRCA competition, Rafale won that competition in 2012, but then it was delayed due to co-production disagreements. And also, last year India Purchased MiG-29s and more Su-30s.
One should first enlighten themselves of all the happening before making and drawing own conclusions.
Emphasise on results would have been different, i highly doubt that Indian PM was brooding over the loss of a 50s era MiG-21....the crash record of which in the IAF stands around 500.

'If we had Rafale, results would have been different': PM Modi

Days after the airstrike against terror camp in Pakistan and subsequent events, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said the country was feeling the absence of Rafale and results would have been different if India had the fighter jets as he attacked the Congress for its tirade against his government over the aircraft deal.

It's not about what posture, Pakistan initially told that F 16 was not used. Of course every country has the right to use whatever weopans they have. India knows that very well, when your most potent aircraft was F16 what else is it for.
That was by DG ISPR in response to a question about which aircrafts were used for the bombing strikes. His statement then seems to have been generalized. Additionally he did not to give more specifics about aircraft usage at the time due to multiple reasons which didn't clarify things much but was the needed narrative at the time.

So basically, they are concluding Abhinandan didn't know he was being tracked/attacked because he didn't drop his fuel tanks to try to evade the missile? And that means the system didn't work? I don't think so.. that just indicates bad decision making by the pilot... Also we don't have the full picture yet, what was the range and direction of engagement? Was it head-on? The angle of attack can make a difference when it comes to warning.

Dont waste my time, go through full documentary. The unfortunate pilot was flying blind. Alan Warnes is a professional, he is saying that Isreali Elta RWR didnt live upto its hype.

One should first enlighten themselves of all the happening before making and drawing own conclusions.
Emphasise on results would have been different, i highly doubt that Indian PM was brooding over the loss of a 50s era MiG-21....the crash record of which in the IAF stands around 500.

'If we had Rafale, results would have been different': PM Modi

Days after the airstrike against terror camp in Pakistan and subsequent events, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said the country was feeling the absence of Rafale and results would have been different if India had the fighter jets as he attacked the Congress for its tirade against his government over the aircraft deal.

It's funny you are using half-assed information to support your point of view, in the article you posted, Modi is grieving the loss of the MiG-21 and the capture of the pilot, to say if Abhinandan was flying a Rafale instead of a MiG-21, this wouldn't have happened. That's what Modi was trying to say.

Back
Top Bottom