What's new

215th anniversary of General Tipu Sultan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vijay Mallya paid for and brought back his sword, which the Brits had to pry out of his cold, dead hands. Unlike his mentor Napoleon who surrendered and was exiled, Tipu died with the sabre in his hands.

BTW, he died on May 4th, not 5th. You are a day late in creating this thread.
After Vijay Mallya Brought back that sword his fortunes went dipping,:yahoo:guess the souls of all those kaffir hindus killed had an effect on his company Kingfisher,In the end he will end up losing everything .Some objects are really cursed.:enjoy::rofl:

May god bless his soul. A true Indian hero who fought like a champ.

Loved to have grown up watching his serial on screen as a child. Thanks to Sanjay Khan to bring his story to the small screen as well. Hopefully India will make a movie on him as well. If Akbar gets one, he deserves one too.

How much can you misconstrue my quote???

1) I said hindu extremists -which should mean only those who sullied Tipu Sultan and not all the hindus.Btw being a hindu myself I would not do that.
2)How can you even compare Tipu sultan's heroism with Dyer's????
Did Dyer help in reconstruction of a temple??? - NO
Did Dyer come up with an invention or even commission something similar to the mysore rocket???- NO
Did Dyer die fighting like a brave soldier??- NO
then where's the comparison???

And let me give you another example
We call lord rama our god and hero while Ravan is an anti-hero when the fact is that
1)Ram violated a woman,surpanakha ("naak katna in hindi would mean violating isn't it??)
2) Ram left his pregnant wife alone in a jungle so that wild animals could feast on her.

And Ravan's effigies are burnt because
1) He tried to restore his sister's honor.
2) For not violating Sita when he could 've done that easily.

Ironical isn't it??

I know that he killed but rape??I am not sure.
Perhaps living in Arab nation has made too much secularism go to your head.To call Ram as violator? wow the mere comparison is reprehensible.Would you call the prophet of middle east the same for what he did?Next time Don't bring Lord ram or other hindu deities to justify your argument cos it will boomerang badly on you.
You have too much expectations,Uniting India and pakistan dream, now call tipu sultan a hero what next, Taliban are peace kjeepers?Some people dont have a grip on reality,dont live in some utopian world.Ground reality is different.

FYI cutting nose in olden times was normal practice reserved for thieves,thugs etc.That was the reason Sushruta invented world first Rhinoplasty To treat such cases,without having read about history you go on insulting Hindu gods will not be tolerated again.

Perhaps living in Arab nation has made too much secularism go to your head.To call Ram as violator? wow the mere comparison is reprehensible.Would you call the prophet of middle east the same for what he did?Next time Don't bring Lord ram or other hindu deities to justify your argument cos it will boomerang badly on you.
You have too much expectations,Uniting India and pakistan dream, now call tipu sultan a hero what next, Taliban are peace kjeepers?Some people dont have a grip on reality,dont live in some utopian world.Ground reality is different.
Bring it on!!
Lets start from Lord Ram to Muhammad and then Buddha.I am game.
I dont live in a paracosm,just that ppl around're so narrowminded and think in an unidimension thats its impossible for them to imagine a world where the beings can think and act beyond religion.

And even when I lived in India I held my so called idealistic views close to my heart.To me a muslim friend was as dear as a hindu friend.Religion is the last thing that comes to my mind.

My job is not to follow a herd and nor do i believe in doing that.
Open up your mind now!

Reminds me , I cant see your flags!!

live with dignity .............die with honor ...perfect Quote for TIPU SULTAN

But he was a bigot :D :yay: :hehe:

Take Manmohan Singh for example. I will curse him, abuse him, criticize him personally. But on an International platform (not a forum) I will stand by him.
We are sailing in the same ship.But then that renders our early morning discussion as futile as I had kept reiterating that Tipu had his dark shades but you were very busy pushing Tipu in everybody's bad books.

We are sailing in the same ship.But then that renders our early morning discussion as futile as I had kept reiterating that Tipu had his dark shades but you were very busy pushing Tipu in everybody's bad books.
I only objected to him being portrayed as a hero. :D I maintain that now as well. :whistle:

Bring it on!!
Lets start from Lord Ram to Muhammad and then Buddha.I am game.
I dont live in a paracosm,just that ppl around're so narrowminded and think in an unidimension thats its impossible for them to imagine a world where the beings can think and act beyond religion.

And even when I lived in India I held my so called idealistic views close to my heart.To me a muslim friend was as dear as a hindu friend.Religion is the last thing that comes to my mind.

My job is not to follow a herd and nor do i believe in doing that.
Open up your mind now!

Reminds me , I cant see your flags!!
Perhaps you should do that debate about prophet in the Arab nation where you reside and see its effects.Can you bring Hindu god pictures or religious books in that place?
You see that all religions are equal thing happens if you stick with only a certain minority all the time, overtime you come to love them and perhaps become one of them and practise the peace and secularism taught by so called friends.Maybe you should know what they talk behind your back.
Oh i just exercised my right to right to vote recently, flags anyone?:rofl:

Those who dont follow the herd are singled out and picked off by predators.Ever saw Discovery channel?You try to swim across the stream eventually you will tire and drown.

I guess you are right. He was indeed rigid on religion and wont appeal to hindu masses.
I have read some books about him, haider ali was far stronger ruler than his son. He was a self-made man and won wars unlike tipu.
In a book about him an incident is mentioned "that one day tipu was taking nap, he awakened and found female servant massaging his legs. He became furious and said who sent you?. The girl replied your mother. Tipu sentenced that girl to 100 lashes. The author was trying to say that tipu was so pious and God fearing man. But i felt anger at his bigotry. First of all the servant was massaging his tired legs , not penis. Secondly he did injustice by punishing the poor girl, it was his mother who told her to do so. He should have also punished his mother.

If this is true he was a brave idiot lol.

Perhaps you should do that debate about prophet in the Arab nation where you reside and see its effects.Can you bring Hindu god pictures or religious books in that place?
Should I post pic of hindu god on my car's dashboard???
:coffee:
wolfschanzze said:
You see that all religions are equal thing happens if you stick with only a certain minority all the time, overtime you come to love them and perhaps become one of them and practise the peace and secularism taught by so called friends.Maybe you should know what they talk behind your back.
are we talking of Stockholm syndrome here??
Thankfully as of yet I haven't come across anything that stops me from following my religion here.I live in a different country with its own rules so I respect it.But I am not one of those who would surrender my Indian citizenship for a green card abroad.Btw next time you quote me make sure you dont quote anything from my personal background because that would be against the forum rules.

Wolfschanzze said:
Oh i just exercised my right to right to vote recently, flags anyone?
Another reminder : You need to follow the forum rules :P

Wolfschanzze said:
Those who dont follow the herd are singled out and picked off by predators.Ever saw Discovery channel?You try to swim across the stream eventually you will tire and drown.
so you follow the herd dont you??
Well so your herd is right now at the tip of a mountain and ready to jump of it.Please do follow them :P

Absolutely not. I know he was a great warrior. But he was a greater bigot. No hero. :)
18hours later atleast you've agreed to this fact that he was a great warrior,he inspired many and ergo to 'em he was a hero.
Kapish amigo???

Thankfully as of yet I haven't come across anything that stops me from following my religion here.I live in a different country with its own rules so I respect it.But I am not one of those who would surrender my Indian citizenship for a green card abroad.Btw next time you quote me make sure you dont quote anything from my personal background because that would be against the forum rules.

Well so your herd is right now at the tip of a mountain and ready to jump of it.Please do follow them :P

18hours later atleast you've agreed to this fact that he was a great warrior,he inspired many and ergo to 'em he was a hero.
Kapish amigo???
Nope. You misunderstood. Hitler has also inspired many neo Nazis, not to mention Nazis :P
Yeah - it's relative. Look across the border. Tipu is a HERO :D

Nope. You misunderstood. Hitler has also inspired many neo Nazis, not to mention Nazis :P
Yeah - it's relative. Look across the border. Tipu is a HERO :D
They've hijacked it!!!
I am still flummoxed as to how a kannadiga Tipu ....a brown south Indian with a thin mustache and round face be their hero??? :P

Btw did I not tell you lord Rama's story in the morning??? Did you forget the moral of the story so soon???
Its about perception my dear lil bro.
So Hitler might be a hero to some while an anti-hero for many others.

Kapish amigo???
1)I hope its not pic of a car from bharat :P
2)People who stay with a particular group tend to be like them,The group influence rubs off on them.:P
3)Where did i break forum rules:P
4)The herd is growing and ever increasing day by day, i guess in another 10 years it will reach a subscription of atleast 50+ million more.:P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom