What's new

215th anniversary of General Tipu Sultan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've hijacked it!!!
I am still flummoxed as to how a kannadiga Tipu ....a brown south Indian with a thin mustache and round face be their hero??? :P

Btw did I not tell you lord Rama's story in the morning??? Did you forget the moral of the story so soon???
Its about perception my dear lil bro.
Yeah. I do. :D And I respect your view. I for myself won't accept him as a hero/a model.

This is a free country and I will always respect opposing views. But at the same time I will protest against it :yay:

1)I hope its not pic of a car from bharat :P
When I'll post you will know.

wolfschanzze said:
2)People who stay with a particular group tend to be like them,The group influence rubs off on them.:P
Hmmm now I know why you've been behaving so sheepish recently. :coffee:
wolfschanzze said:
3)Where did i break forum rules:P
1) you brought in my personal background for discussion on this very hot thread.
2) your flags are missing.
wolfschanzze said:
4)The herd is growing and ever increasing day by day, i guess in another 10 years it will reach a subscription of atleast 50+ million more.:P
Oh my!!!
God bless you. :P

Yeah. I do. :D And I respect your view. I for myself won't accept him as a hero/a model.

This is a free country and I will always respect opposing views. But at the same time I will protest against it :yay:
Did I force you to call Tipu your hero???
I had only asked you to give Tipu respect for what he deserves,which you 've given in the last few posts here.So I am glad that you've finally accepted the truth.

3.) I am not sure about this, but AFAIK those rockets were horrible inaccurate and mainly a psychological weapon. And placing ones hope completely on some wonder weapons is a bad idea anyways (See WW2 for the Germans)

Maybe @AUSTERLITZ can shed some more light

The rockets were indeed horribly inaccurate.They were not of much use in the battlefield except initial psychological effect,in sieges they had more use because enemy army was static for prolonged periods.Stil the british were sufficiently impressed to make their own version-congreve rockets.

After Vijay Mallya Brought back that sword his fortunes went dipping,:yahoo:guess the souls of all those kaffir hindus killed had an effect on his company Kingfisher,In the end he will end up losing everything .Some objects are really cursed.:enjoy::rofl:

Vijay Mallya case is more linked to something else related to taxes and customs and if i am not wrong some 110 crore were in tax dues .

And what about these Hindus ?

Tipu Sultan's treasurer was Krishna Rao, Shamaiya Iyengar was his Minister of Post and Police, his brother Ranga Iyengar was also an officer, and Purnaiya held the very important post of "Mir Asaf". Moolchand and Sujan Rai were his chief agents at the Mughal court, and his chief "Peshkar", Suba Rao, was also a Hindu. Editor of Mysore Gazettes Srikantaiah has listed 156 temples to which Tipu regularly paid annual grants.

Vijay Mallya case is more linked to something else related to taxes and customs and if i am not wrong some 110 crore were in tax dues .

And what about these Hindus ?

Tipu Sultan's treasurer was Krishna Rao, Shamaiya Iyengar was his Minister of Post and Police, his brother Ranga Iyengar was also an officer, and Purnaiya held the very important post of "Mir Asaf". Moolchand and Sujan Rai were his chief agents at the Mughal court, and his chief "Peshkar", Suba Rao, was also a Hindu. Editor of Mysore Gazettes Srikantaiah has listed 156 temples to which Tipu regularly paid annual grants.
Did you read what he used his sword for? to kill Infidels and convert them,Naturally the energies of all those lost souls will be present on that sword,Its no surprise Vijay mallya was going well his fortune went down one way or other after he got this sword from england.:p:

Nope. You misunderstood. Hitler has also inspired many neo Nazis, not to mention Nazis :P
Yeah - it's relative. Look across the border. Tipu is a HERO :D

Hitler also has many Indian fans lol do not forget to mention that.

What a surprise lot many Pakistanis trying to associate themselves with Dravidian South Indians, where is that classic comment Pakistanis similar to only 3% Indians. :omghaha::omghaha: @Ravi Nair @Indischer

Why is it General Tipu sultan?

Did he become downgraded in rank? I thought he was the king of Mysore.

Either way, he did what many other Kings did at his time, albeit more efficiently and ruthlessly.

His father Haider is also well known.

Hitler also has many Indian fans lol do not forget to mention that.

Indians has no context in history. Or they have a poor understanding of German History.

Otherwise, they would have found Bismarck more praiseworthy.

Excellent diplomat and a capable administrator.

The rockets were indeed horribly inaccurate.They were not of much use in the battlefield except initial psychological effect,in sieges they had more use because enemy army was static for prolonged periods.Stil the british were sufficiently impressed to make their own version-congreve rockets.

I find Tipu's legacy and it's reception interesting.

seems he has fans across the border, even though Pakistanis understanding of South India and it's politics are limited among Pakistanis.

I also find it a bit more miraculous given the history, South India has relatively been free of communal politics and rioting. Except the Hyderabad region.

Last edited:
@Pak-one didnt Afghans sent 50,000 strong army to help Tipu against British? Wtf had Afghans common with South Indian Tipu a part from Islam? These castiest hindus will never understand.

he aint that famous in Punjab..little knowledge we have of him is from that TV serial. based on that he is seen as freedom fighter.

@Pak-one didnt Afghans sent 50,000 strong army to help Tipu against British? Wtf had Afghans common with South Indian Tipu a part from Islam? These castiest hindus will never understand.
Its true, the spark of muslim brotherhood is always there. Tipu was man with great vision, he was surrounded by three enemies from three sides, if zaman shah had invaded north india, it might have changed the game completely. Tipu had the resources and technology with large army (though mostly hindus) while zaman shah could provide contineous flow of muslim adventerous warriors from north west.

Ahmad shah baba's mentor pir sabir shah himself was from lahore and he was mureed of shah waliullah. So Afghans of that period were not motivated by ethnic nationalism

google-tipu sultan unmasked..by capt.ajit vadakayil...
Yes so a blog is the next touchstone of truth isn't it??
Did he put forward any proof of what he had posted???
Let me give you an example,from the blog...
Today if you come to Kerala, you will ask—why are the Kerala temples all looking as if they have been built yesterday? The reason is Tipu Sultan dug up the foundations of each and every major temple.
really??
I dont think so,because Guruvayoor temple,Vakkumnathan temple and padmanabha temple all 've their foundations still intact.
@kurup @SpArK @nair
Was there any such digging up of foundation in these temples?

@abjktu I am not taking Ajit Vadakayil's words at face value.

@abjktu In Karnataka almost all the places named after Kempe Gowda @Indischer Do you have any other famous personality in Karnataka apart from Kempe Gowda.

Why is it General Tipu sultan?

Did he become downgraded in rank? I thought he was the king of Mysore.

Either way, he did what many other Kings did at his time, albeit more efficiently and ruthlessly.

His father Haider is also well known.

Indians has no context in history. Or they have a poor understanding of German History.

Otherwise, they would have found Bismarck more praiseworthy.

Excellent diplomat and a capable administrator.

I find Tipu's legacy and it's reception interesting.

seems he has fans across the border, even though Pakistanis understanding of South India and it's politics are limited among Pakistanis.

I also find it a bit more miraculous given the history, South India has relatively been free of communal politics and rioting. Except the Hyderabad region.
Regarding the Hitler issue, India's romantic feelings is gut wrenching honestly. Many young kids (as I once was) have favorable impression of Hitler!

@abjktu In Karnataka almost all the places named after Kempe Gowda @Indischer Do you have any other famous personality in Karnataka apart from Kempe Gowda.

Correction: Only in Bangalore are many things named after Kempe Gowda. Kempe Gowda is celebrated as the founder of Bangalore. But beyond this, he is of little significance and isn't seen as a Pan-Karnataka idol.

And famous personalities in what sense? And which era?:unsure:

Yes so a blog is the next touchstone of truth isn't it??
Did he put forward any proof of what he had posted???
Let me give you an example,from the blog...

really??
I dont think so,because Guruvayoor temple,Vakkumnathan temple and padmanabha temple all 've their foundations still intact.
@kurup @SpArK @nair
Was there any such digging up of foundation in these temples?

@abjktu I am not taking Ajit Vadakayil's words at face value.
but shabharimala and padmaswami temples are in south Kerala...
not sure about vadakkumnadhan temple..but he attacked a lot of temples around trissur...

Regarding the Hitler issue, India's romantic feelings is gut wrenching honestly. Many young kids (as I once was) have favorable impression of Hitler!
sangoli rayanna
tipu chulthan..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom