What's new

215th anniversary of General Tipu Sultan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correction: Only in Bangalore are many things named after Kempe Gowda. Kempe Gowda is celebrated as the founder of Bangalore. But beyond this, he is of little significance and isn't seen as a Pan-Karnataka idol.

And famous personalities in what sense? And which era?:unsure:

Yes, in Bangalore almost nothing is left not named after Kempe Gowda. In North KA I saw towns named after Harihar and Bukka.

Yes, in Bangalore almost nothing is left not named after Kempe Gowda. In North KA I saw towns named after Harihar and Bukka.

Which are the towns named after Hakka and Bukka? There is a town in Karnataka by the name Harihar, but it's not named after Hakka.

yes like kempa govda bus stand,kempa govda international airport etc..but most of my Kannadiga friends are unaware of him...the most famous Kannadiga personalities acc them are filmstars like rajkumar,vishnuvardhan and shankar nag etc....

but shabharimala and padmaswami temples are in south Kerala...
not sure about vadakkumnadhan temple..but he attacked a lot of temples around trissur...
There!!!
So Mr.Ajith's blog may not have the right inputs.Why should i believe in whatever he has posted on his blog???
It may or may not be true.
Tipu Sultan and his legacy has received ambivalent views from historians.

Which are the towns named after Hakka and Bukka? There is a town in Karnataka by the name Harihar, but it's not named after Hakka.

I could not sort out, it was Harihar in school we read both names together, I was on the train and wake for tea in the morning when the station came. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

yes like kempa govda bus stand,kempa govda international airport etc..but most of my Kannadiga friends are unaware of him...the most famous Kannadiga personalities acc them are filmstars like rajkumar,vishnuvardhan and shankar nag etc....

You have bad bad bad Kannada friends.:angry:

I think almost all Bangaloreans(at least those who haven't migrated recently) will know that Kempe Gowda is the founder of Bangalore. But beyond this, they might not know anything more about him.

In a local legend, it is said that Kempe Gowda installed four Gopuras in the four corners of Bangalore and said that if the village grew beyond those limits, it would bring ill towards it's inhabitants. Those four Gopuras still exist, but whether he said any such thing is a matter of conjecture. The most famous of these Gopuras is atop the rock hill inside LalBagh.
Lalbagh_Botanical_Garden,_Bangalore.jpg

I could not sort out, it was Harihar in school we read both names together, I was on the train and wake for tea in the morning when the station came. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

You'd been to Karnataka? Where exactly?

You have bad bad bad Kannada friends.:angry:

I think almost all Bangaloreans(at least those who haven't migrated recently) will know that Kempe Gowda is the founder of Bangalore. But beyond this, they might not know anything more about him.

In a local legend, it is said that Kempe Gowda installed four Gopuras in the four corners of Bangalore and said that if the village grew beyond those limits, it would bring ill towards it's inhabitants. Those four Gopuras still exist, but whether he said any such thing is a matter of conjecture. The most famous of these Gopuras is atop the rock hill inside LalBagh.
Lalbagh_Botanical_Garden,_Bangalore.jpg

You'd been to Karnataka? Where exactly?
because most are from outside bangalore like hassan,tumkur,tiptur,chithradurga,bellary,kolar etc...may be because of that...

Encyclopedia of Mysore is one of the best sources. It even features the letters and other papers in their original form. A must read.
what should I do with an encyclopedia??? :coffee:
I am sure that the foundations of the temples that i am talking about were not dug up, and Mysore encyclopedia would not help glean anything.

Where all had you been? You didn't cover Malnad and the coastal regions?:(

No fortunate, I had other works so only visited major cities. North KA looked more sunny and less crowded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom