What's new

10 Greatest pistols of all times

In all terms; (Mobility, Acceleration, Firepower, Caliber)
I think H&K.45 CT would be a perfect decision.

ring-pistol.jpg

Come to think of it. I have never seen my dad firing any of his pistols either. He just cleans them every few months like it's a duty and then puts them back! :blink:

Dad has 1, 3, 7 and 10 on this list. He never fires them though just likes looking at them and cleaning them from time to time.

Come to think of it. I have never seen my dad firing any of his pistols either. He just cleans them every few months like it's a duty and then puts them back! :blink:

Those are collectors for you, he also has a really wired gun that fire bullets about the size of a peanut filled with Neurotoxins. I have been dying since I was young to know its name, the manufacturer and details all have been scrapped from it. Does any of you Gun gurus have an idea about this type of gun?

Dude, any chance your dad used to be an assassin? :D

On topic: Nope, never even heard of such a thing. I mean I have come across exotic stuff, however, nothing close to what you are saying.

Those are collectors for you, he also has a really wired gun that fire bullets about the size of a peanut filled with Neurotoxins. I have been dying since I was young to know its name, the manufacturer and details all have been scrapped from it. Does any of you Gun gurus have an idea about this type of gun?

Dude, any chance your dad used to be an assassin? :D

On topic: Nope, never even heard of such a thing. I mean I have come across exotic stuff, however, nothing close to what you are saying.

According to him, you fire the bullet and then it splinters inside the body of the person you shot and releases its toxin, Out of about the 80 firearms he have in his collection it is the one weapon he didn't allow me to even touch or come close to.

Again any of you gun gurus have an idea of what exactly this gun is?

Haha, you dad seems like a special character, Mesomania and that weapon sounds rather special indeed.

Are you dad in this video by any chance?

‫

I miss such weddings. Not been home for a while, sadly.

1. Colt 1911 .45 ACP
The first successful military semi-auto handgun, it served the as the standard U.S. sidearm through four major wars and countless police actions. As popular today as ever, it is still carried by some law enforcement personnel and countless civilians. The most customized handgun ever, it's a mainstay for competition shooters.
3_colt_1911.jpg

2. Browning Hi Power
The P-35 High Power was John Browning's last handgun design. Some experts consider it his best. Still in production, and in use with LE and Military agencies in many countries, it was the first staggered magazine high capacity handgun – a design breakthrough that spawned many other successful designs.Indian security agencies uses licensed copy of this pistol.
7_browning_hi-power.jpg

3. Walther P-38
Adopted by the German military, the Walther P-38 was an acceptable performer. It's most sterling feature,however, is that it was the first successful DA/SA operating action. It was a pioneering design breakthrough that became a feature of many other successful handguns, including our current military issue M-9.
6_Walter_p38.jpg

4. Makarov
Introduced during 1951 in Soviet Union and remain service till 1991.Blowback mechanism,DA/SA,fixed barrel and less moving parts make it to live up to Soviet Standard:reliable,accurate and cheap firearm.However caliber is slightly different than 9x19mm NATO round to 9.22x18mm.
Makarov-firearm-web.jpg

5. CZ 75

Introduced in 1975, the CZ 75 was the most innovative handgun design of the previous 40 years. The first successful pistol offering user option of cocked & locked SA, or DA/SA carry, it is in widespread use throughout the world, and a favorite of many current competitive shooters.This gun is heavily influenced by Browning Hi Power but with Double Action/Single Action mechanism.
11_cz_75.jpg

6.Glock G17

The polymer-framed Glock 17 was controversial upon introduction. But history validates it. As the first successful polymer-framed handgun, it spawned a sea change within the industry, and today every major handgun maker has a polymer-frame model. And, they are wildly popular. Thank you, Gaston Glock!
Glock17.jpg

7. Walther PP, PP/K, PP/Ks

Few handguns point as naturally as the classic Walther PP series pistols. Through their innovative lockwork, which allowed a double-action pull for the first shot and single-action pulls for subsequent shots along with a manual safety that also acted as a decocker, Walther engineers proved that a semi-automatic design could be just as safe to carry, and as fast to action, as a revolver. A fixed barrel and remarkably useful sights allowed for superb accuracy for a pocket piece.
Walther-PPK-Pistol.jpg

8.Beretta 92

The Beretta 92 is of Italian origin and was an extremely popular gun in the military and law enforcement communities. It also fires the popular 9x19mm Parabellum cartridge. The pistol has been in production since 1975 and continues its service in the Italian, French and US military.
1287740238.jpg
Lol i own like 5 pistols on this list........... u also forgot the famous TT!!

Haha, you dad seems like a special character, Mesomania and that weapon sounds rather special indeed.

Are you dad in this video by any chance?

‫

I miss such weddings. Not been home for a while, sadly.

No we western KSA don't have bullet firing in our weddings. Are you a southern?

No, I am from Hejaz. Makkah to be precise. I have seen a few of such similar weddings although obviously not inside the main towns but on the countryside. Several videos on Youtube and elsewhere of that even. But yes, I have taken part in weddings in both Hejaz and Najd were we had plenty of bullet firing!

No, I am not from the south but my mom is Yemeni if that counts:D

No, I am from Hejaz. Makkah to be precise. I have seen a few of such similar weddings although obviously not inside the main towns but on the countryside. Several videos on Youtube and elsewhere of that even. But yes, I have taken part in weddings in both Hejaz and Najd were we had plenty of bullet firing!

No, I am not from the south but my mom is Yemeni if that counts:D

In the first week of my presence in Maan, a southern city where I completed my university study, there was a wedding by my dorm, I woke up in horror over fire explosions, I swear to God, that the ground was shaking, and when I went to check what was going on, I found them firing Doshkas, AK-74 and M-16...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
That is some heavy stuff there BlackEagle! I am not surprised the slightest! And quite frankly it can be dangerous for the spectators hence why only simple-minded people make bullet firing in very populated areas. But Southern Saudi Arabia is really beautiful. Worth a visit. Very friendly and peaceful people.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom