What's new

10 Greatest pistols of all times

I can see all celebrities here.. for some reason i can't bring myself to "like" this thread.

"Greatests" by which unit of measure? Makarov and Beretta aren't even worth mentioning because they didn't bring any change. On the other hand 1911 and 5.7 came with two new types of ammunition and Glock has changed the material of the handgun. They aren't even in the same league :)

I agree that Beretta and Makarov do not bring technological breakthrough but What technological breakthrough AK47 had brought? nothing it just assembled already available H&K assault rifle in better fashion ..but can you call AK nothing sort of revolution ? look at their impact on the society.

Beretta is acknowledged as 'Police man gun'.Look at following poster of Bollywood superhit Dabangg
sallugun.jpg

Irony is that Beretta 92 is not issued to Indian Police, moreover you don't find any beretta 92 in India still Salman Khan donning it to portray 'tough and masculine' policeman. That is called cultural impact.Though only fool would say Beretta 92 is a mediocre gun.

Of all times perhaps you need to include pistols that were great for their day not just the best 10 modern pistols?

0067photo.gif

1836 colt

1836_colt_revolver_y66tg.jpg

Of all times perhaps you need to include pistols that were great for their day not just the best 10 modern pistols?

1836 colt

In this part of the world they are called revolvers !

You are free to list 10 great revolvers...

I agree that Beretta and Makarov do not bring technological breakthrough but What technological breakthrough AK47 had brought? nothing it just assembled already available H&K assault rifle in better fashion ..but can you call AK nothing sort of revolution ? look at their impact on the society.

Beretta is acknowledged as 'Police man gun'.Look at following poster of Bollywood superhit Dabangg
sallugun.jpg

Irony is that Beretta 92 is not issued to Indian Police, moreover you don't find any beretta 92 in India still Salman Khan donning it to portray 'tough and masculine' policeman. That is called cultural impact.Though only fool would say Beretta 92 is a mediocre gun.

Correction: Beretta 92 is used by Mizoram Armed Police. Else,well said bro!

how can u say D.E worth it it'x the owesome Pistol i have ever seen...by look n perfomance...

Well for a start if you get the D.E, the originals only come in .44 and .357, you cannot get a MOI licence for the two calibers. Secondly if you manage to get an original, it is less of a pistol and more of a hand cannon, especially the .357, and unless you have a very strong wrist, your accuracy with this weapon will be full of s***.

The whole point of keeping a pistol is the ability to have a decent grouping at close range, and something you can easily double tap with, without getting RSI in your wrist.

Now coming to performance, how would you measure handgun performance? Accuracy, Stopping power, comfort to use and carry, ease of getting a licence, affordable ammo so you can spend some money actually practicing with the damned thing?

A 9mm and small calibers fulfill that checklist. Anyways, if you still need a price on the M92FS send me a PM.

Well for a start if you get the D.E, the originals only come in .44 and .357, you cannot get a MOI licence for the two calibers. Secondly if you manage to get an original, it is less of a pistol and more of a hand cannon, especially the .357, and unless you have a very strong wrist, your accuracy with this weapon will be full of s***.

The whole point of keeping a pistol is the ability to have a decent grouping at close range, and something you can easily double tap with, without getting RSI in your wrist.

Now coming to performance, how would you measure handgun performance? Accuracy, Stopping power, comfort to use and carry, ease of getting a licence, affordable ammo so you can spend some money actually practicing with the damned thing?

A 9mm and small calibers fulfill that checklist. Anyways, if you still need a price on the M92FS send me a PM.

Thanks for this great info i want to buy a good pistol which looks good and good to handle with good accuracy n firepower n all that so which one u'll recomend me??also tell me the price in Ruppes plzz

Thanks for this great info i want to buy a good pistol which looks good and good to handle with good accuracy n firepower n all that so which one u'll recomend me??also tell me the price in Ruppes plzz

Original Beretta will cost you 200,000 PKR, local copy will cost between 25,000 and 40,000.
NZ 84B (Chinese) will cost 50,000 PKR (This is a good starter self defense pistol).
Glock 17 250,000 for a good condition original.
Kanuni 16S (Turkish) 40,000
Zigana (Turkish) Between 25,000 for local copy of 70,000 for Original.

Original Beretta will cost you 200,000 PKR, local copy will cost between 25,000 and 40,000.
NZ 84B (Chinese) will cost 50,000 PKR (This is a good starter self defense pistol).
Glock 17 250,000 for a good condition original.
Kanuni 16S (Turkish) 40,000
Zigana (Turkish) Between 25,000 for local copy of 70,000 for Original.

So which one u'll recommend ??from these 5?

i have fired 92FS, CZ 75, CZ 75 Duty and i have a Beretta (Stoegar) Cougar 8000F

:blink: it has no trigger :blink:

Child proof ;)

Really though, the Paterson model had a folding trigger that flipped forward and can't be seen when it's folded up, It hops down when you **** the hammer.

As pointed out as chamber that isnt integral with the barrel so not a pistol but pretty you can see the trigger in this shot.

01ColtTexasRevolver36Cal.jpg

lovely design @Vassnti ...gues Samuel Colt didn't screw around :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@sand_3126
to be reliable and to "feel right in the hand" is a goal for all handguns.

But 5.7 and glock are pro pistols, Beretta 92 and browning hi-power are service pistols, walther PPk and Makarov are compacts. It'd be kinda silly to compare them with each other don't you think? and almost no pistol mentioned above is the best of it's kind.

For a pro pistol I'd take H&K USP for instance. .45 ACP gives you a lot of firepower. I also think Sig Sauer P210 is much better than 92F ...but does it make it a revolutionary design? nope

I agree to what you are saying, most handgun mechanism from engineering stand point are as complicated as a stapler... the only revolutionary design aspect in todays mechanical engineering are in the impellers in hvac systems and turbines . I haven't been impressed by any firearms mechanism wise. As far as feel is concerned one design doesn't fit all. I am a total CZ75 person, I swear by it, and I would not touch a glock, which in my opinion is an exceptionally good firearm. My wife on the other hand would prefer her S&W Sigma over my CZ becuase she finds the fit better. Hence in the end it comes down to caliber. I am not proud to admit this but, I dont like .45acp, I dont like the recoil, i had messed up my wrist in college and it just cannot take the pounding from this round. I like the 9mil round, and I can shoot it all day. Beretta M9 fits my hand like a glove, cz75 fits even better. Accuracy is exceptional on both hence I rate them highly.

@Aeronaut might feel the same about the beretta m9/ taurus PT92, (which i suspect he owns) out shoots everything else. Handguns are a very personal choice, ther might be a top ten list, but you will always suspect the author is a bozo if your's is not number 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom