What's new

1,200 Pakistani minority members in line for Indian citizenship

1,200 Pakistani minority members in line for Indian citizenship

View attachment 375599
Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju on Wednesday said more than 1,200 Pakistani minority members have applied for Indian citizenship and more than 12,800 Pakistanis have applied for Long Term Visa. (HT File Photo)

Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju on Wednesday said more than 1,200 Pakistani minority members have applied for Indian citizenship and more than 12,800 Pakistanis have applied for Long Term Visa (LTV).

“In 2016, as per information available on this Ministry’s IVFRT (Immigration, Visa and Foreigners Registration and Tracking) online module, more than 12,800 applications for Long Term Visa and more than 1,200 applications for grant of citizenship to Pakistan minorities have been received across the country, including Chhattisgarh,” the Minister told the Rajya Sabha.

“The Ministry of Home Affairs has sensitised the States/UT administrations to expedite the processing of LTV applications from Pakistan nationals and upload all applications for grant of LTV online only on IVFRT module for speedy processing,” Rijiju said in a written reply.

“As regards grant of Indian Citizenship to Pakistani minority migrants, the Ministry of Home Affairs has delegated the powers to grant Indian Citizenship to District Magistrate of 16 districts of seven States,” he added.

Under the Passport and Foreigners Act, the ministry has regularised the entry and stay of persons belonging to minority communities in Bangladesh and Pakistan, who were compelled to seek shelter in India due to religious persecution and entered India on or before the December 31, 2014.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...citizenship/story-yiT7Fa4juzk8UNO6T8BdpK.html
On other thread, their FO quoted saying pakistan believe in principle of Peaceful co existence.

Unn bechari maon ka to koi kasoor nahin tha, na hee unki khoobsoorat aulaadon ki koi galti hai.

Bus dukh to sirf iss baat ka hai ki kutch log in Bhadshahon ko izzat aur unn maon ke walidon ko nafrat se dekhte hai.

sab say sharam ki baat yeh hay k un aurton ko ap jesay apnay hindu neech hindu samjhtay hain .

no, i dont live in bollywood world like you :-) and guess what neither Tikka nor Yahya were banned from entering west but your terrorist PM was until you elected a prime accused of Gujrat genocide in which thousands of people died.

Unless you have trouble with mathematics I'm sure we can both agree that the death of 800 muslims in Godhra (in which 400 Hindus died as well) is quite far from the systematic slaughter of 3 million East Pakistanis.

As I've posted before I acknowledge that communal tension is a problem in India - and riots do happen - and while Modi has been exonerated by the Supreme Court [under a hostile regime as it happens] it's possible he is guilty of negligence or perhaps indifference - but that's a far cry from ordering soldiers to kill East Pakistanis simply because they didn't conform to the Punjabi epitome of Islamic manhood.

You, on the other hand refuse to accept (or at least pretend) that these events never happened. Well, good luck with your beliefs. :)

well, those Jews and Parsis can be counted on finger tips, few parsi still live in Karachi.. Yes, minorities can be anyone even chief Justice in Pakistan as well, there are minority officers in military which are awarded status of hero by state like cecil Chaudhary, recently sikhs are also joining military, There are always Hindu minister in Sindh cabinate, except President and PM you can be anyone bcoz we are officially Islamic republic, not a Hypocrite republic like Hindu bharat. and for a change stop comparing your country with Pakistan, we have only 3% minority while your country have 25 to 30%.. there is no comparison. take time and read sachar report where he mention Muslim despite making 13% of bharat are not even have 3% repersentation in bureaucracy, military or other govt jobs.

Don't make me laugh - Dawn reported the first Sikh officer in 2005 and first Hindu officer in 2008. Maybe the second one will be in 2063? And Bhagwan Das was acting Chief Justice for 4 months in the absence of Iftikhar Chaudhury. Still waiting for a CM, Gov, ISI chief, IB chief, etc. Pres. Wladyslaw was a foreign professional who came to Pakistan but I'm impressed you could find three names to quote.

Our minorities (only Muslim actually) are certainly under represented and I acknowledge that's a problem - though they've still done quite well in the senior administration - three presidents, three vice-presidents, five chief justices, they've been heads of the police, the IB, been air chief, held corp and army commands (most recently we had Lt Gen Hariz who was second in line for COAS) - in addition to the anglo-indians, christians, parsees and sikhs who've been COAS.

Some reading from one of your former NA members

https://hudson.org/research/9781-cleansing-pakistan-of-minorities

Anyway, in closing, ask yourself this Q - Jinnah founded Pakistan as a country for Indian Muslims. Why did so many tens of millions stay back? How come these hundreds of millions prefer living in India (with all its faults) to emigrating to Pakistan or seeking political asylum there? I suspect you know the answer.

sab say sharam ki baat yeh hay k un aurton ko ap jesay apnay hindu neech hindu samjhtay hain .
Hamare samaj mein Aurton ki badhaal halaat ka zimmedar kaun hai ? it's a debatable issue.

But the mothers which you are referring to, have all been converted centuries ago and none belongs to any Lower or Upper Hindu class

Don't make me laugh - Dawn reported the first Sikh officer in 2005 and first Hindu officer in 2008. Maybe the second one will be in 2063?

Hahah, nothing on 1951 census and number of Pakistani Hindus? lol Christians are serving in military since day 1, since Hindu mostly belong to Sindh, sindhi dont usually opt for military service whether Muslims or Hindus. they are underrepresented in military bcoz of lack of interest not bcoz there is discrimination..

And Bhagwan Das was acting Chief Justice for 4 months in the absence of Iftikhar Chaudhury.

He was acting Chief justice and senior judge of supreme court despite being from community which make less then 2% of Pakistan.

Anyway, in closing, ask yourself this Q - Jinnah founded Pakistan as a country for Indian Muslims. Why did so many tens of millions stay back? How come these hundreds of millions prefer living in India (with all its faults) to emigrating to Pakistan or seeking political asylum there? I suspect you know the answer.

They stayed back bcoz they think they have no other option bcoz of properties nd business or either they were congress supporter like Azad, Hussain Madani of deoband, majority of Muslims in east and west sided with Jinnah and formed their country.

Pakistani Muslims 200 millions
Bengali Muslims, 150 millions
Bharati Muslims, 180 millions..

as far as i know no Pakistani have been accused of minority genocide like your PM.. i am sure if Pakistan encourage and start giving citizenship on arrival like you are doing, there will be floods of applicants from you country, but we must not encourage them..
:o::o: Had hai tum logo ki? Sharm aati hai kuchh tum logo ko?
Kuchh bhi bolte ho apne aapko defend krne ke liye. :hitwall:

Pakistan still has minorities Left ?check these peoples back ground before giving they asylum or citizenship.

Hamare samaj mein Aurton ki badhaal halaat ka zimmedar kaun hai ? it's a debatable issue.

But the mothers which you are referring to, have all been converted centuries ago and none belongs to any Lower or Upper Hindu class

I am talking about Indian Hindu members' argument on this very forum and may be somewhere else as well, where they say that invaders raped low cast Hindu women in areas currently fall under modern day Pakistan and this way your Hindu Indian members feel better.

Now I am telling you that before boasting in such glorious replies you Indians should think where it is leading.

Your pathetic reply to my first post in this thread points to the very mentality of you Indians.

I am talking about Indian Hindu members' argument on this very forum and may be somewhere else as well, where they say that invaders raped low cast Hindu women in areas currently fall under modern day Pakistan and this way your Hindu Indian members feel better.

Now I am telling you that before boasting in such glorious replies you Indians should think where it is leading.

Your pathetic reply to my first post in this thread points to the very mentality of you Indians.

“Unnecessary Counter arguments. Can expose your ignorance and stupidity.”
Talees Rizvi

regards

Hahah, nothing on 1951 census and number of Pakistani Hindus? lol Christians are serving in military since day 1, since Hindu mostly belong to Sindh, sindhi dont usually opt for military service whether Muslims or Hindus. they are underrepresented in military bcoz of lack of interest not bcoz there is discrimination..

My mistake - I stand corrected on the percentage of hindus - after 1971. But let's face it - millions of them were systematically killed by the (West) Pakistani generals of the day or forced to migrate.

In 1961 the population of Hindus was (1.6% in West [assuming no change since 1951] + 18.4% in East) = 20% of 93 mn = 18.6 mn combined

In 1972 the population of Hindus in West Pakistan was 1.6% [assuming no change] of 65.3 mn = 1.94 mn
In 1974 the population of Hindus in Bangladesh was 14% of 70 mn = 9.8 mn
(I have used 1972 and 1974 as those were the years of official census in Pakistan / Bangladesh in the 70s.)

In other words despite a period of 12-14 years after 1961 the number of Hindus reduced by (18.6 - 11.74) = 6.86 mn over 1-3 years.

They stayed back bcoz they think they have no other option bcoz of properties nd business or either they were congress supporter like Azad, Hussain Madani of deoband, majority of Muslims in east and west sided with Jinnah and formed their country.

As did the minorities who stayed back in Pakistan. Despite the usual social prejudices minorities in Pakistan have done a lot worse than in India (even prior to 1990, when the two countries were closer in economic parameters than they are today).

Back
Top Bottom