What's new

Pakistan ordering 8 Block 60 F16's ?

Do you think the US will sell Block 60 F16's to pakistan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 65 49.6%
  • I don't know

Votes: 14 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
please no more f16s, we have had enough of them, need new platform, just wondering who are these idiots accepting this offer, i hope one day paf decision makers will come out from US influence and their love for american stuff.

please no more f16s, we have had enough of them, need new platform, just wondering who are these idiots accepting this offer, i hope one day paf decision makers will come out from US influence and their love for american stuff.

100% Agree with you. We should option for Su-35's.

Upgrading the older F-16 A/B variants is a good option.
brother, i talked with some defense analysts in my own city and on social media. I don't have any intention but some analysts have an opinion that systems which were purchased in early 80's are now grown old and should be retired after more than 35 years. But in my personal opinion, another up gradation can make them able to work for a decade more but ultimately PAF needs to replace old and aging 350+ systems.

Pakistan most probably gonna get F-16 Block 52 nothing else

F-16 Block 60 are just for UAE neither UAE nor US gonna allow those to Pakistan plus US is keeping a close eye on those Jets

F-16 Block 61 or Viper what do you think USA is gonna hand over the most advanced F-16 to Pakistan just like that? dream on ...
Right! But you should be happy that they are not going to provide you with Lockheed Martin's Vipers, Blk 60. Why? Because they are fitted with 'Kill Switches' embedded in the software that can render the F-16 Vipers impotent.

Why not just spend the money on JF-17 upgrades, better still invest in a jet engine design and built them!

brother, i talked with some defense analysts in my own city and on social media. I don't have any intention but some analysts have an opinion that systems which were purchased in early 80's are now grown old and should be retired after more than 35 years. But in my personal opinion, another up gradation can make them able to work for a decade more but ultimately PAF needs to replace old and aging 350+ systems.

Whats your opinion on Su-35s jet for PAF ? Is it a better option.

US prepares to sell eight newbuild F-16s to Pakistan
US prepares to sell eight newbuild F-16s to Pakistan - IHS Jane's 360
Farhan Bokhari, Islamabad
- IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
21 October 2015
The Obama administration is preparing to sell eight new Lockheed Martin F-16 fighters to Pakistan in recognition of the country's push against Taliban militants, a senior Pakistani government official told IHS Jane's on 22 October, hours before Pakistani prime minister Nawaz Sharif was due to meet with US president Barack Obama in Washington, DC.

In 2006 Pakistan signed a contract with the United States to purchase 12 new F-16C and six new F-16D Block 50/52 fighters, which were delivered by 2012. Other F-16s deliveries to Pakistan since the 9/11 terrorist attacks in 2001 have been refurbished older platforms.

"These new aircraft will be more advanced than the last batch of F-16s [the contract for which was signed in 2006]," said the Pakistani government official.

To read the full article, Client Login
(124 of 380 words)

F-16 Block 61 or Viper what do you think USA is gonna hand over the most advanced F-16 to Pakistan just like that? dream on ...

No! They will ask for something , US have a give and take policy towards Pakistan. They will ask Pakistan to put more effort and eliminate the Haqqani Network that's my opinion .

Waste of money to buy F 16 which we already have one dimensional thinking is not good for pak relying on just a f 16 is stupidity

Whats your opinion on Su-35s jet for PAF ? Is it a better option.
Su-35S and any other twin engine modern jet is suitable for maritime role. PAF should go for single engine jets like J-10 and more advanced JF-17s. Jets should be advanced in terms of technology. We need high tech equipment. The range which is offered by F-16s and JF-17s for PAFs conventional operational roles is enough. Electronic warfare should be taken care by upgrading computers, deployment of AESA radars and extended range BVRAAMs needed to tackle high tech procurement in Indian Airforce.

koi aik news mil jaay to tum log marchi masala lagana shuru ker dety ho

its damn block52+ and jab tak mil nhi jaaty hamary nhi hain .
How right you are.........but if true I hope PAF goes for 18 F-16 V.

Its a business deal. We are buying from US. Nothing great about Murika as far as defense cooperation is concerned. ....... its nothing more than lips service........ here is the part of joint Statement about defense cooperation

Defense Cooperation

Taking note of the robust bilateral defense cooperation between their two countries, including recent military engagements, exercises, and consultations on regional security, President Obama and Prime Minister Sharif expressed satisfaction with the cooperation achieved in defense relations and reaffirmed that this partnership should endure.Prime Minister Sharif conveyed appreciation for U.S. security assistance in support of Pakistan’s counter-terrorism, counter¬insurgency, counter-narcotics, and maritime security operations and expressed hope of broadening bilateral defense cooperation in areas that serve the two countries’ mutual interest. President Obama noted Pakistan’s positive efforts to counter improvised explosive devices (IEDs) and both leaders resolved to continue working together to disrupt the threat posed by these devices. They recognized that a stable and peaceful Pakistan-Afghanistan border was important for the success of counterterrorism, counterinsurgency, and counter-IED efforts. They also underscored the critical significance of effective border coordination mechanisms between Pakistan and Afghanistan in achieving these objectives. The two leaders reaffirmed that the defense consultative group mechanism has been critical in stimulating defense partnership and resolved to explore new avenues of enhancing defense collaboration.

This deal is just a good guesture from US, otherwise this is not indispensable for Pakistan Aiir Force.. Because Pakistan has JF 17 thandar programe that is symbol of Pak-China friendship and having capability to fulfill all defence needs.. F 16 is just for a little diversification need not for basic need..
jf-17-and-f-16.jpg

Back
Top Bottom