What's new

Pakistan ordering 8 Block 60 F16's ?

Do you think the US will sell Block 60 F16's to pakistan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 65 49.6%
  • I don't know

Votes: 14 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So what radars are going into the new 30 units of Blk61's, for the UAEAF ?

It is said it may have SABR AESA which is lighter then AGP-80. All block-60s will be upgraded to block-61 standard.

8 F-16 of a different version?!! Just 8? Why would you believe what you are thinking?

It just does not make sense to induct new version of platform and that too in such a small almost significant number.

Americans trying to throw us a bone and failing at every atempt. I doubt that Pakistan will ever again make any important defensive deals with US ever again. Americans missed their chance to have any good strategic relations now they should bury their heads in their own $hit.

Is it the best solution? What do you think?
It is a good start for us but personally I don't think this deal is the best we can do. Block 60's are very good and yes we do have Block 52's but I think we should be looking at 5th generation fighters now. I understand that they cost a lot of money and it may be a problem due to our defense budget but I do think it is time to join advanced warfare. We could look into cheaper options of possible 5th generation from China?
And I also think we should spend our money on SU 35's instead of F-16 Block 52's and 60's. They are more advanced and will be good for maritime petrol, with the same aspect of major interior bombing into our enemies if needed.

Don't think so.
Do you think we should go for SU-35's or start another development of a 4.5/5th generation? Would cost a lot but at the end it would be worth it.. I think

1956 - F-86 Sabre - 240
1984 - F-16 Fighting Falcon (Block 15/160) - 40
2006 - F-16 Block 50/52 - 18
2015 - F-16Block 60 - 8

It would be really stupid decision to go for 8 jets of a newer/different version. even if block 52 8 just does not make any sense either go for a full squadron of 18/20 jets or don't bother

Last edited:
@Indus Falcon

How are you sir?

I don't see any reason to go for any more BLK52's-----Blk 60-61 would be a natural progression of the F16's procurement.

If they stay with the Blk52---that would be extremely surprising---.

Depressed as hell don't want any more yester years Blk 52's!!! Blk 61 or nothing !!!

And not just 8, at least 36.

I don't even think that Pakistan will receive these fighters in the first place. I think Obama is offering these, while knowing full well that they'll never be approved for sale, simply to show that he's trying to be friendly to Pakistan.

tl;dr it's a political ruse.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom