What's new

Pakistan ordering 8 Block 60 F16's ?

Do you think the US will sell Block 60 F16's to pakistan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 65 49.6%
  • I don't know

Votes: 14 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I find block 60 quite ugly

Why? Visually they are the same as the Blk 52's except for the IRST, and the air cooling scoop at the base of vertical stabilizer.

I don't even think that Pakistan will receive these fighters in the first place. I think Obama is offering these, while knowing full well that they'll never be approved for sale, simply to show that he's trying to be friendly to Pakistan.

tl;dr it's a political ruse.
Pakistan should politely say, Thanks, but No thanks!

Depressed as hell don't want any more yester years Blk 52's!!! Blk 61 or nothing !!!

And not just 8, at least 36.

Hi,

I would not be able to understand the significance of the purchase of either aircraft in such small numbers----.

If they are blk 52---then why new aircraft---why not used F16's upgraded to BLK 52 standards----.

If they are new Blk60/61---then it means further commitment to the F16---then why such a low number----. Because the approval by congress is good for a while----you can always get less if not the higher number.

I don't even think that Pakistan will receive these fighters in the first place. I think Obama is offering these, while knowing full well that they'll never be approved for sale, simply to show that he's trying to be friendly to Pakistan.

tl;dr it's a political ruse.

Request was sent for approval to congress more than a week ago. You don't invite a PM and give him fake news. That's not how it works.

In any case, Pakistan would always keep a low profile. I am not exactly sure what the fcuk PAF is doing...first the SU35 rumors and now this........don't wana find out that Su35 game was to force America to release AESA for F-16s

Why? Visually they are the same as the Blk 52's except for the IRST, and the air cooling scoop at the base of vertical stabilizer.

Pakistan should politely say, Thanks, but No thanks!
Pakistan won't say anything, it may even completely ignore this entire offer and not comment at all. Remember the previous approval? The US offered a number of AH-1Z attack helis, and 1000 hellfire missiles, plus a number of other systems, but Pakistan still has yet to even comment on it; I'd go so far as to say that Pakistan is ignoring the offer on purpose, to snub the US.

With China backing Pakistan fully, and Russia coming into the China-Pakistan camp, the US is starting to realize that it won't be able to exert influence on Pakistan. With what is happening in the South Asia and Middle East regions, the US is realizing it's mistake of pushing Pakistan. This is why you're seeing the US trying to win over Pakistan again, with (recently) supporting the CPEC project and offering to get involved, along various defense deal offers. It seems the US needs Pakistan more than the other way around.

That's not to say that Pakistan should cut of relations with the US. The US is still an important ally, and relations must improve with them, if Pakistan wants to continue having good relations with the west. While there are a number of concerns that Pakistanis have, they must never forget that the US HAS done a LOT of good in Pakistan. Despite the sour relations that both sides have had for a very long time (far longer than 9/11), Pakistan and the US have had to rely on each other a lot, and will continue to do so. Both have a shared destiny, one that (despite what may US lawmakers may think, including the white house) cannot be replaced with India. Neither nation, no matter how bad relations get, will declare the other hostile. Any fighting that occurs, will be kept covert, off the screen, behind closed doors, simply because both know that relations between the two are far too important to get rid off.

Hi,

I would not be able to understand the significance of the purchase of either aircraft in such small numbers----.

If they are blk 52---then why new aircraft---why not used F16's upgraded to BLK 52 standards----.

If they are new Blk60/61---then it means further commitment to the F16---then why such a low number----. Because the approval by congress is good for a while----you can always get less if not the higher number.
Request was sent for approval to congress more than a week ago. You don't invite a PM and give him fake news. That's not how it works.

In any case, Pakistan would always keep a low profile. I am not exactly sure what the fcuk PAF is doing...first the SU35 rumors and now this........don't wana find out that Su35 game was to force America to release AESA for F-16s

All said and done, we should work out a joint strategy with China, viz a viz Russia, and go for Su-35's. No more embargo prone stuff.

That's the thing, I'm not saying it's fake, I'm saying it's deceptive. The request was sent, but it will never get approved. The US congress is far too hostile for it. If it does, I'll take back my words. What I'm saying is that Obama sent the approval out, simply for political purposes, and knows full well that the deal will never be approved.

As for the Su-35, I've been saying it since the beginning, it will never happen. The PAF isn't doing anything wrong, it's just the media and far too enthusiastic politicians that are spreading these false rumors. The Su-35 was never offered, nor did PAF ever request info on it, simple as that.

go for Su-35's. No more embargo prone stuff.
And those Flankers will be section free and ensure delivery of components even in case of war against India?
In case of any conflict with India, both USA and Russia will try to limit and minimize the impact of their country based weapon systems. That's sad but our relations with Russia or USA are not as good as to over come Indian influence. Only reliable source for us is China or Turkey. USA can also effect our deals with Turkey directly or indirectly.

F16 is good, very good. With newer blocks like Blk60-61 it is a World class fighter capable of messing with any non stealthy air craft of World. Let PAF achieve the target of six F16 squadron. Su35 deal I believe is different game. It will not overlap with F16s.

And those Flankers will be section free and ensure delivery of components even in case of war against India?
In case of any conflict with India, both USA and Russia will try to limit and minimize the impact of their country based weapon systems. That's sad but our relations with Russia or USA are not as good as to over come Indian influence. Only reliable source for us is China or Turkey. USA can also effect our deals with Turkey directly or indirectly.

F16 is good, very good. With newer blocks like Blk60-61 it is a World class fighter capable of messing with any non stealthy air craft of World. Let PAF achieve the target of six F16 squadron. Su35 deal I believe is different game. It will not overlap with F16s.

Actually the more I think about it, the more convinced I become, that we need twin engine long range fighters, ASAP.

Now to answer your question, yes they will be sanction free. Simply because there isn't anything Russian out there, that China can't remanufacture, or repair for that matter.

China is already interested in buying them. IF they buy, we should as well, either directly or via China.

Last edited:
Actually the more I think about it, the more convinced I become, that we need twin engine long range fighters, ASAP.

Now to answer your question, yes they will be sanction free. Simply because there isn't anything Russian out there that China can't remanufacture or repair for that matter.

China is already interested in buying them. IF they buy, we should as well, either directly or via China.
$$$$$

If No then F16 is best choice available.

I also wish to see Typhoon, Flanker E in our arsenal, but it's hard to happen

Now to answer your question, yes they will be sanction free. Simply because there isn't anything Russian out there, that China can't remanufacture, or repair for that matter.

Instead of buying new F-16s, why not just to upgrade existing F-16s to V level. The F-16V is a common sense upgrade for F-16s that need to stay relevant for decades to come and its “open architecture” allows for further upgrades down the line. This face-lift of the F-16 is almost entirely internal, but it gives the most successful 4th generation fighter a quantum leap in capabilities.

The F-16V will be available in both upgrade form for older F-16s and in new production aircraft. This new configuration features a slew of upgrades, most notably is Northrop Grumman’s APG-83 Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) Scalable Agile Beam Radar, also known as SABR. This new radar allows simultaneous air-to-ground and air-to-air modes and offers a huge leap in fidelity, range, target identification, jamming resistence and detectability over the F-16C/D’s APG-68 series of mechanically scanned array radars.

An updated cockpit layout with full color displays and a large center pedestal display, similar to what was offered to India in the guise of the F-16IN, is also included in the F-16Vp package. Additionally, a new modular mission computer, digital electronic warfare system, ground collision avoidance system, high capacity Ethernet data bus and an advanced Link 16 datalink with satellite connectivity round out the F-16V’s primary features.

1485724218233395121.jpg

The F-16V configuration takes to the air for the first time over Fort Worth, Texas:

First F-16V Flies But Its New Features Won't Show Up On USAF Models

PAF never learns !!!

Every time we evaluated an aircraft we ended up buying handful numbers of f16s

So next time paf evaluates any aircraft may it be a 5th generation aircraft rest assure that 4-5 f16s are coming .....

Why the fcuk we evaluate those aircrafts when we know we can't or will buy them ....rafales EFT gripen j-10 j-11 and rumored su35s all for 18+8 f-16s lol

This is what we got in past 20 years or so 18+8 f16s

Last edited:
At this time, quality with quantity matters most and adding more advanced F-16s is vital for PAF. However quantity should be increased to at least 18. Similarly more MLU F-16s should be inducted to take the number to 150. PAF should try to upgrade all F-16s with AESA radars & IRST (through structural upgrade) on priority basis and upgradation process should takes place in Turkey.

Back
Top Bottom