What's new

Pakistan ordering 8 Block 60 F16's ?

Do you think the US will sell Block 60 F16's to pakistan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 65 49.6%
  • I don't know

Votes: 14 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This what US want to keep Pakistan but it's up to Pakistan to decide if they want to be a dog .
As Pakistan move away from US they will give you every thing to keep you on their side .

One thing we have finally learned is that we are on nobody's side but ours. We want good relations with everyone, but not as a zero sum game, at the expense of someone else. So if US wants good terms with us, so do we but again as I said, not at the expense of our relations with some other country.

In this doggy eat doggy world you cannot move alone small countries have to make pact with big dogs other wise the big dog with eat you up .
You only get respect with you enter big league.

One thing we have finally learned is that we are on nobody's side but ours. We want good relations with everyone, but not as a zero sum game, at the expense of someone else. So if US wants good terms with us, so do we but again as I said, not at the expense of our relations with some other country.

I Hope u r right...

Btw f16 still is the best fighter among them all if sanctions dont come into play

Is it just a tukka or r u having some confirmed news ????

There are no "Tukkas" in my world. AESA is on the cards for the Block III upgrade. If the US won't give it, someone would.

It would be F16block 52 with minor upgrades that were not present in previous batch. Neither it would be F16block60 nor it would have SABR AESA radar.

Still is a formidable addition to the force in Jacobabad, procured for the air defence of Pakistan aerospace.

If you mean on JF-17, then USA is not concerned, because they know we will get it, if not from Italians, it would obviously be China. However, JF-17 with AESA is still a light fighter. We need heavier load abilities for strike aircraft.......getting AESA for F-16s would be a nice step.

AESA is not cleared for F16.

please no more f16s, we have had enough of them, need new platform, just wondering who are these idiots accepting this offer, i hope one day paf decision makers will come out from US influence and their love for american stuff.

now you are in love with China stuff, but you gotta wonder why China won't sell you a more capable fighters like the J-10B or J-11.

I also wish the U.S would stop selling to Pakistan :D can make so much more $$ dealing with the Indians.

now you are in love with China stuff, but you gotta wonder why China won't sell you a more capable fighters like the J-10B or J-11.

I also wish the U.S would stop selling to Pakistan :D can make so much more $$ dealing with the Indians.

This time Pakistan is not pleading anything.....Its the not so great usa who is coming after us again and again.
FYI, We just slap uncle sam's nuclear deal offer with a Big NO in this trip, didn't you get it yet:lol:

According to sources on this forum, Pakistan were seriously looking at the J-10s but that idea got scrapped in favor of an eventual purchase of J-31?, and as far as the J-11s are concerned, I think the Chinese have some sort of agreement with the Russians that they wont be exporting them.

The Russians and French have the fighter market locked up, but there are other systems India might be interested in. :enjoy:

This time Pakistan is not pleading anything.....Its the not so great usa who is coming after us again and again.
FYI, We just slap uncle sam's nuclear deal offer with a Big NO in this trip, didn't you get it yet:lol:

really you think the great USA needs Pakistan to buy it's stuff?? isn't it Pakistan going around picking us used F-16s :angel:

and what's this about a nuclear deal?? :whistle:

I hope it will turn around to be of 32 Block-52s.
8 Bloack 52+ with an option of 10 more its an old deal because of earthquake we shelve it now time has changed we will get all what we require. If not USA then we have other options.

8 Bloack 52+ with an option of 10 more its an old deal because of earthquake we shelve it now time has changed we will get all what we require. If not USA then we have other options.
The actual deal was for 50-55 Block-52s. So there is a good possibility that another 32 Block-52s might have been ordered now. Also, out of 14 remaining F-16s about 2 of them have arrived and 12 may be coming soon. I am sure US is now in a position to allow PAF to acquire remaining 45 Jordan's F-16s and 21 from Venezuela as well; may be from its own inventory as well.

For any other aircraft, Options are open and only need ME support:
50 EF-2000s
50 Rafael (PAF version will be different from IAF - So nothing would like IAF is buying it so its useless for PAF)
50 Grippen

This will mean that PAF going to have a very credible fleet of about 200 Aircraft to safe guard.
50 EF-2000s Trench3
50 Rafael F3
50 F-16s Block-52s
50 Grippen NGs

Though 150 JF-17s + 120+ F-16 Block-15 MLU-3s will be there as well. As the role of PAF is expanding in the region and in every direction. So, less then 500-600 Aircraft for PAF means that its totally absent in near future from the world's skies.

KSA and other ME countries growth are slow because of expenditure on weapons. But I am sure they are happy to supply funds to Pak Military any time.

The actual deal was for 50-55 Block-52s. So there is a good possibility that another 32 Block-52s might have been ordered now. Also, out of 14 remaining F-16s about 2 of them have arrived and 12 may be coming soon. I am sure US is now in a position to allow PAF to acquire remaining 45 Jordan's F-16s and 21 from Venezuela as well; may be from its own inventory as well.

For any other aircraft, Options are open and only need ME support:
50 EF-2000s
50 Rafael (PAF version will be different from IAF - So nothing would like IAF is buying it so its useless for PAF)
50 Grippen

This will mean that PAF going to have a very credible fleet of about 200 Aircraft to safe guard.
50 EF-2000s Trench3
50 Rafael F3
50 F-16s Block-52s
50 Grippen NGs

Though 150 JF-17s + 120+ F-16 Block-15 MLU-3s will be there as well. As the role of PAF is expanding in the region and in every direction. So, less then 500-600 Aircraft for PAF means that its totally absent in near future from the world's skies.

KSA and other ME countries growth are slow because of expenditure on weapons. But I am sure they are happy to supply funds to Pak Military any time.
I highly doubt Pakistan will induct any other 4th Gen aircraft other than F-16 & JF-17 we may go for F-18 or any heavy air superiority fighter. Pakistan is eyeing on 5th Gen stealth for next decade most probably Chinese one.

J-11 is not clear for export to anyone. J-10B has been offered to us many times.

I wish the same.

Didnt we had option for 18 more as per our original contract? So are these 8 apart from those or including those? If latter is the case then there is hardly anything to be proud of since our numbers decreased instead of increasing.

I dont think there is any restrictions on Pakistan from the Chinese side over the sale of J-10s. The only reason we did not go for them was because it had a russian powerplant.

I dont think there is any restrictions on Pakistan from the Chinese side over the sale of J-10s. The only reason we did not go for them was because it had a russian powerplant.

Actually the fact is that the PPP Govt. between 2008-2013 looted our economy in such a big way that we not left with enough funds to go for the J-10B and also run the Thunder program simultaneously. Pakistan has no issues with Russian engines and the one on the Thunder is Russian.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom