What's new

Most French people think Islam is incompatible with nation's values: PM

That you could get bitten for coming in any way between a Frenchman and his baguette?
I'm actually afraid it might be an understatement ...

:dirol:

At the risk of committing and act sacrilege, I am not sure what is there to like in baguette and pretzel!! Really, just leave your everyday bread out for a few days and it will become same like baguette. Unless you get good amount of honey and butter and large glass of coffee of some juice, the baguette is quite difficult to swallow :P

Here, try this sometime:
Roghni-Naan.jpg

This is how freshly baked bread should taste like!! Yummy!

OH,, I am again derailing the thread.

Ok, i got your point, never to get between a French and his baguette!! Other than that, it is perfectly fine for Muslims of anyone else to visit the place. :tup:

Other than that, it is perfectly fine for Muslims of anyone else to visit the place. :tup:

LOL, of course ... although, maybe except you from now on for having written this :
the baguette is quite difficult to swallow

If they catch you off the plane and bring you to a judge, I'd recommend as a line
of defense to pretend that you thought it should be eaten whole, as that would
indeed make it hard to swallow, and didn't know one was supposed to break it down.

It will make you pass for a severe dimwit but may save your neck from the guillotine.

?
?? OH! No, wait! We don't have that anymore ... m'well, it will save you from possible
indoctrination by the Islamo-fascist extremo-terrorists that populate our squalid prison cells then.

:-)

Now stop trolling a dull but essential subject with food and go post your disgustingly
yummy looking wares in Whatever or a dedicated food thread. :whistle::angel:

Have a great day my friend, Tay.

LOL, of course ... although, maybe except you from now on for having written this :

If they catch you off the plane and bring you to a judge, I'd recommend as a line
of defense to pretend that you thought it should be eaten whole, as that would
indeed make it hard to swallow, and didn't know one was supposed to break it down.

It will make you pass for a severe dimwit but may save your neck from the guillotine.

?
?? OH! No, wait! We don't have that anymore ... m'well, it will save you from possible
indoctrination by the Islamo-fascist extremo-terrorists that populate our squalid prison cells then.

:-)

Now stop trolling a dull but essential subject with food and go post your disgustingly
yummy looking wares in Whatever or a dedicated food thread. :whistle::angel:

Have a great day my friend, Tay.
:lol::rofl:
All well noted and understood :lol:
Thanks! :tup:

Manuel Valls also revived the controversial topic of Islamic head coverings, calling for the headscarf to be banned in French universitites

manuel%20valls.jpg

French PM Manuel Valls during a ministerial meeting on Equality and Citizenship on 13 April (AFP)

Most French people believe that Islam is incompatible with the values of the country at large, the French prime minister claimed on Wednesday.

“Secularism is in our DNA,” Manuel Valls told French daily Liberation, saying that he believes in the “universal values” of France.

“The Republic [of France] was founded in opposition to the power of the Catholic church," he said. “Today, secularism is facing the rise of radical Islam, but also the place of Islam [in general] in our societies."

“I wish we were able to demonstrate that Islam, the second religion in France, is compatible with the Republic, democracy, our values and equality between men and women. A majority of our citizens doubt it," he added.

During the lengthy interview Valls also called for Islamic headscarves to be banned at universities in France.

Asked whether he would support a ban on the headscarf – not just the face covering – worn by some Muslim women at university, Valls replied that “it should be done”.

Noting constitutional difficulties entailed in implementing such a law, though, he called for authorities to be “uncompromising on the rules of secularism in higher education”.

Women’s religious attire has long been a controversial issue in France. In 2004, France became one of the first European states to ban headscarves and other religious clothing from state schools.

In 2011, then-president Nicholas Sarkozy implemented a controversial complete ban on the Islamic face veil in all public spaces. While the ban also covers balaclavas and hoods, the ban has been criticised for targeting Muslims.

A Pew Forum study, published in January 2011, estimated that there were 4.7 million Muslims in France in 2010 out of a population of around 65 million, saying that this number could rise to a forecast 6.9 million in 2030. Most of the Muslim population comes from former French colonies like Morocco and Tunisia.

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/m...lam-incompatible-nations-values-pm-2056782214

Well,
Most of the french people are right.

Muslims are not compatible with France, or Europe or most of the developed world for that matter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom