What's new

Most French people think Islam is incompatible with nation's values: PM

Just in case that most people did not open the 2 links I gave above :

Muslims in France and Italy flocked to Mass on Sunday,
a gesture of interfaith solidarity following a drumbeat of jihadi attacks that threatens to deepen religious divisions across Europe.

From the towering Gothic cathedral in Rouen, only a few miles from where 85-year-old Rev. Jacques Hamel
was killed Tuesday by two Muslim fanatics,
to Paris' iconic Notre Dame, where the rector of the Mosque of Paris invoked a papal benediction in Latin,
many churchgoers were cheered by the Muslims in their midst.

Interviewed outside the cathedral in Rouen, Jacqueline Prevot called it "a magnificent gesture."
"Look at this whole Muslim community that attended Mass," she said. "I find this very heartwarming."

French television broadcast scenes of interfaith solidarity from all around France, with Muslim women in headscarves and Jewish men in kippot crowding the front rows of Catholic cathedrals in Lille, Calais or the Basilica of St. Denis, the traditional resting place of French royalty.

Excerpt from link number one.

French terrorists are as bad as those elsewhere but French Muslims are awesome people.

Good day, Tay.

Despite all these news reports which actually makes sense (based on the sad terrorist attacks in France) i felt French to be pretty awesome people. Not felt any discrimination for a moment because i am a Muslim or an Asian. May be it is because i was in Paris and that being a tourist spot have so many people visiting that the French do not bother about visitors there. Still, based on that experience i will say that it is not like French hate Muslims. NO they don't and i never felt any hatred or insecurity because of my faith. Not for a moment.

For me, actually it is such news reports that are creating more hatred (perhaps this is why they are made)

That doesn't help; I'm still crying into my hankie.

Just because @Taygibay is young and handsome.......:cray:
Well sir you are more then welcome to visit us anytime. I will be glad to host you and if you want we will drag @DESERT FIGHTER to the gathering as well. Itna tu maan he la gaa!! :P

What differences? You are fiercely loyal to your country. I am very comfortable with that. Any difference in perspectives is that and nothing more; different points of view. Somebody like you, standing where I did, would think and act like me, would write like me. And conversely.
Only if there were more people like you!! :(

Before I kick the bucket, I have to visit Pakistan. Doesn't matter what it takes
Again, you are always welcome and i assure you that you will find a large number of people here alone who will be happy to host you. I will be honored! Do let me know whenever you are planning a trip! :tup:

P.S. it was just this weekend i met a an Indian (Sikh) visiting from India. An old guy, in 60s or perhaps even 70s. It was such a delightful experience. He is in my city for two more days so may be i will go and meet him again. We planed to go to Nankana Sahib together, it is just about 1 hour drive from my place. Lets see! :)

Well sir you are more then welcome to visit us anytime. I will be glad to host you and if you want we will drag @DESERT FIGHTER to the gathering as well. Itna tu maan he la gaa!! :P

Only if there were more people like you!! :(

Again, you are always welcome and i assure you that you will find a large number of people here alone who will be happy to host you. I will be honored! Do let me know whenever you are planning a trip! :tup:

P.S. it was just this weekend i met a an Indian (Sikh) visiting from India. An old guy, in 60s or perhaps even 70s. It was such a delightful experience. He is in my city for two more days so may be i will go and meet him again. We planed to go to Nankana Sahib together, it is just about 1 hour drive from my place. Lets see! :)

HOY! What's with the ageism? What's wrong with being in the 60s (or, OK, even in the 70s)?
You were doing SO WELL and heartening me up no end....<sigh!> These youngsters today!

I'm determined to go there before I'm 70; there's this restaurant in Heera Mandi with a brilliant view where the last bit is up an unprotected staircase, and it can't be left for too late. The proprietor's mother was from those parts.

Last edited:
HOY! What's with the ageism? What's wrong with being in the 60s (or, OK, even in the 70s)?
You were doing SO WELL and heartening me up no end....<sigh!> These youngsters today!

I'm determined to go there before I'm 70; there's this restaurant in Heera Mandi with a brilliant view where the last bit is up an unprotected staircase, and it can't be left for too late. The proprietor's mother was from those parts.
lolz!!
Well i said this to encourage you that even the guy in 60s/70s was a delight to be with so of course we can have someone 90+ like you as a guest as well :P :lol: :p:P

No serious sir, the guy i met is such a gentleman! Loved the company and had dinner together. In fact, i might take him up on the invitation and visit Indian Punjab some day :P

Last edited:

That area now has been turned into food street.. The restaurant cuckoos den is still there .. The proprietor is a Professor at NCA .. National college of Arts.

That area now has been turned into food street.. The restaurant cuckoos den is still there .. The proprietor is a Professor at NCA .. National college of Arts.

THAT'S the one!!

Gosh, I'm so excited. Now I need to work on this seriously.

THAT'S the one!!

Gosh, I'm so excited. Now I need to work on this seriously.
:)
You are welcome sir. I am not sure the view from that resturant would be really what you want it to be (with construction and development work around that place) but it sure is one of the prime food points. YOU STILL WILL GET THIS :P
coocos_den_lahore_07.jpg

Plus as mentioned by @DESERT FIGHTER the whole area is food street!! IN fact, i think the whole lahore have become a food city Lolz!! There are so many options and a lot of them EXCELLENT ones!! I live in Pakistan but i am still no where near exploring it all.

Last edited:
M'well, it sort of is derailing, ain't it?

And never ask a French person about food;
they'll take on a condescendant face, shrug
their shoulders with deceptive sympathy and
go : -"Oh my, sure, that is very good cuisine!"
while thinking but not as good as French one.

:happy:
Tay.

Last edited:
M'well, it sort of is derailing, ain't it?

And never ask a French person about food;
they'll take on a condescendant face, shrug
thei shoulders with deceptive sympathy and
go : -"Oh my, sure, that is very good cuisine!"
while thinking but not as good as French one.

:happy:
Tay.

I'm going on a diet already.

Regarding the title "Most French people think Islam is incompatible with nation's values: PM"

Don't Muslims themselves think this way? I always thought Muslim believe in "ummah" and not in individual nation states.

I always thought Muslim believe in "ummah" and not in individual nation states.

Ah, interesting! Yes, it is the case but more so for Muslims
that live in failed and/or authoritarian states ( the majority ).

Those that live in successful countries have a defined sense
of nationality and often see the Umma as a spiritual community
... just about as Christians see the Church.

Remember, in France, your religion is a private matter so trying
to claim anything on account of it won't work anyway.

Good day to you, Tay.

Back
Top Bottom