What's new

Military Mess Food

Your cook seems to be observant with tomatoes, first tomato in fried rice, now pulao. Haleem aur nihari mein na ajaen, Khayal rakhna is bat ka bhai
Just so we stand clear am not in military so he isn't my cook ... I cook my own meals...
  • Keran: i traveled to Keran back in 2013/14 few times & stayed at the Officers Mess each trip lasting week or two, so i kinda got to know the routine....
  • Lahore: same situation as above, i was traveling to Lahore for various reasons & accomodation was arranged at Officers Mess, so figured out their routine
  • Farhad Officer's Mess (111 Brigade, Westridge): It was like our place of zen after Shooting session back in the days
  • Cholay Samosay & Biryani: that I ain't telling ....

Just so we stand clear am not in military so he isn't my cook ... I cook my own meals...
  • Keran: i traveled to Keran back in 2013/14 few times & stayed at the Officers Mess each trip lasting week or two, so i kinda got to know the routine....
  • Lahore: same situation as above, i was traveling to Lahore for various reasons & accomodation was arranged at Officers Mess, so figured out their routine
  • Farhad Officer's Mess (111 Brigade, Westridge): It was like our place of zen after Shooting session back in the days
  • Cholay Samosay & Biryani: that I ain't telling ....
Just to clear, “Your cook” meant the one who made the dishes whensoever you had them. It was sort of a joke, definitely not both times the cook would be same especially different places.

Guys,

I was wondering whether Officer’s mess has buffet or just scheduled dishes as per day ?

And whatever it is, What are the dishes ?
Are they multi cuisine or just national dishes ?

If you have pics of food, providing that would also be fine, Atleast I can guess the taste.

I am not talking about ration packs, Mess food is what I am referring to.

Also tell about breakfast, Corn flakes hote hain Fauji cereals ke?

Dear those are messes not restaurants. once in a quarter, all mess members get together and finalize menu and that is followed unless these members make some changes. However, one can get some special dish prepared but priority goes to routine menu and mind you cooks in messes are not chefs. Yes there used to be Biryani on friday lunch not sure what is practiced these days.

Aap roti kaisay khatay hain?
mu say :omghaha:

a question i need an answer to, what was tamatar doing in my pulao :agree:...
do not know that one but have the answer for Sayyad Ahmad:
Isn't Pulao without masala on biryani?
Shah ji
Pulao is made by sautéing the ingredients (rice and meat or vegetables) together, then cooked in water.

Biryani is when the rice and meat or vegetable is first cooked separately then layered and cooked (dum) on low flame with nuts and things.

Back
Top Bottom