What's new

Military Mess Food

Completely wrong.

It's the stress that gets to them, not the food. Working 18-22 hrs is normal. It's not that they eat a lot. They're constantly under stress. Military profession is the top rated in terms of how stressful it is.

Secondly, maintaining your weight is a requirement for promotion. Those who rise up usually have health conditions affecting them and their bodies are battered but it's their mind that we need. The snr ldrshp commands, the young must fight.

Thirdly, PAF's standards for pilots every year are infamous in the entire armed forces for being the most stringent standards to pass.

Fourth, all militaries have a proper fitness test taken under supervision at least twice a year and you've never felt the dread of completing that. It's something that stays with you since your cadet days. Sir Sohail Aman used to give the tests with PAF personnel a couple of months before his retirement.
I wish I was wrong. Stress is an important factor, but remember when food intake outweighs how much you should be having based on your lifestyle, that leads to weight gain. A lot I observed were on the heavier side.

There is a minimum flight physical that needs to be maintained but seeing some of the squadron pilots in January this year, it has become a concern and they are implementing measures to work on this. I cannot say more on to what and where, but a lot of them could not perform exercises involving their body weight.

in UK Forces circa 80s/90s mess food for other ranks was a (buffet) feast compared to field rations. officers mess was different instead of a buffet (self-serving) they were served by (waited on) by other ranks. since Pak Army is styled on UK there won't be/isn't much difference except for the selection of foods. in the mid-eighties (in a Murree school) I saw batmen re-cooking/re-flavoring food (saalan brought from common langar) for the officers

Have you served, brother?
I wish I was wrong. Stress is an important factor, but remember when food intake outweighs how much you should be having based on your lifestyle, that leads to weight gain. A lot I observed were on the heavier side.

There is a minimum flight physical that needs to be maintained but seeing some of the squadron pilots in January this year, it has become a concern and they are implementing measures to work on this. I cannot say more on to what and where, but a lot of them could not perform exercises involving their body weight.

in oman i have some friends serving in forces while police too is considered as a armed force so same standards as army airforce navy
sultan sahb was military man himself setup very good traditions
u have to give fitness test every 3 months which involve running 5 miles in certain minutes
which is relaxed by age factor
food is average here
like biryani which is normal rice with fried boti thats it
some time mandi
it’s mostly outsourced to restaurants
my late uncle was having a cantine in one of airbases

Guys,

I was wondering whether Officer’s mess has buffet or just scheduled dishes as per day ?

And whatever it is, What are the dishes ?
Are they multi cuisine or just national dishes ?

If you have pics of food, providing that would also be fine, Atleast I can guess the taste.

I am not talking about ration packs, Mess food is what I am referring to.

Also tell about breakfast, Corn flakes hote hain Fauji cereals ke?
Scheduled dishes. Mess food is set every month or every week.
Tasteless. I hate chicken jalfrezi for life thanks to mess made chicken jalfrezi.
Breakfast is omelette and tea, with butter and toast.

Officers mess food is good, but depends upon cook.

How does anda/omelet, bread/roti/paratha and tea sound?
You are mentioning Officers mess.
I ate food from cadets mess for years.

in oman i have some friends serving in forces while police too is considered as a armed force so same standards as army airforce navy
sultan sahb was military man himself setup very good traditions
u have to give fitness test every 3 months which involve running 5 miles in certain minutes
which is relaxed by age factor
food is average here
like biryani which is normal rice with fried boti thats it
some time mandi
it’s mostly outsourced to restaurants
my late uncle was having a cantine in one of airbases

Canteen is different. Canteen is mostly snacks like samosa etc

My brother has a batman who cooks, when he wants, what he wants.
You mean he has a NCB - Non commissioned Batman

Offtopic but joining the USAF, heard they have the best food and living quarters including hotels.

Guys,

I was wondering whether Officer’s mess has buffet or just scheduled dishes as per day ?

And whatever it is, What are the dishes ?
Are they multi cuisine or just national dishes ?

If you have pics of food, providing that would also be fine, Atleast I can guess the taste.

I am not talking about ration packs, Mess food is what I am referring to.

Also tell about breakfast, Corn flakes hote hain Fauji cereals ke?

In officers mess, the menu is set, and you pay monthly. You can order separate and pay for it.
You can also bring own stuff sometimes and ask cook to prepare it, just tip the cook.

Menu is mostly desi food - there can be sweet and sour with rice one day a week. Otherwise, biryani, daal chawal, chicken masala, red beans, rice with cutlets/kebab and mint sauce, aaloo gosht etc

d111b9b48eb7aee732289cfaa0e6990c4fbb022532f403564e15dbc9743309c9_1.jpg

Full ayashi porgam.
Ye Fauj hamara budget kha jati hai aur ayashi karti hai......bal bla bla BS.

Asal me bechare daal roti kha k guazara krte hain most of the time.
Once every week we've burgers, pizza, lasagna etc (western crusine)
And Army, Navy or Air Force. Friday, lunch is the biryani and if your mess can make good biryani, you'd be the envy of other set ups.

In officers mess, the menu is set, and you pay monthly. You can order separate and pay for it.
You can also bring own stuff sometimes and ask cook to prepare it, just tip the cook.

Menu is mostly desi food - there can be sweet and sour with rice one day a week. Otherwise, biryani, daal chawal, chicken masala, red beans, rice with cutlets/kebab and mint sauce, aaloo gosht etc
you missed Cholay samosay for snacks / tea time .... imagine pick up being sent to get that...and it's routine....
@StormBreaker Friday is the Biryani day and its yum yum....even though Mess bill is paid but idk still the menu is set by the incharge.....it will depend on the officer incharge, you may end up with a continental menu i.e lasagna, fried rice and even officer is not in the mood you might end up with daal chaawal or dal piyaz :D .....i asked for Fried rice once at HQ in Keran, i i end up with boil rice with tamatar k chilkay :rofl:

you missed Cholay samosay for snacks / tea time .... imagine pick up being sent to get that...and it's routine....
@StormBreaker Friday is the Biryani day and its yum yum....even though Mess bill is paid but idk still the menu is set by the incharge.....it will depend on the officer incharge, you may end up with a continental menu i.e lasagna, fried rice and even officer is not in the mood you might end up with daal chaawal or dal piyaz :D .....i asked for Fried rice once at HQ in Keran, i i end up with boil rice with tamatar k chilkay :rofl:
Bhook lag gai :yes4:

What taste of the biryani, Like does it matter from city to city?

Bhook lag gai :yes4:

What taste of the biryani, Like does it matter from city to city?
wherever i i ha tried the biryani, it had a perfect taste, however idk WHY but same doesn't apply on Pulao ....theres always too much tamatar in that :fie:
in the end it comes down to where you are....i always want to try how food tastes like up in NW (Peshawar side)....Pashtun cuisine will be something

Pahariye Biryani mein aloo dalte hain. Pindi kabhi jana ho to savour ka palao zaroor khana.
with biryani its all about masala and raita....not botiyan...

Han bhai. Lekin botioon k beghair life aise hai jese tyron k beghair gari.

Aj tak mujhe Savour mein shaami kabab k tukk ki samajh nai ai.
wherever i i ha tried the biryani, it had a perfect taste, however idk WHY but same doesn't apply on Pulao ....theres always too much tamatar in that :fie:
in the end it comes down to where you are....i always want to try how food tastes like up in NW (Peshawar side)....Pashtun cuisine will be something

with biryani its all about masala and raita....not botiyan...

Back
Top Bottom