What's new

Military Mess Food

Scheduled dishes. Mess food is set every month or every week.
Tasteless. I hate chicken jalfrezi for life thanks to mess made chicken jalfrezi.
Breakfast is omelette and tea, with butter and toast.

Officers mess food is good, but depends upon cook.

You are mentioning Officers mess.
I ate food from cadets mess for years.

Canteen is different. Canteen is mostly snacks like samosa etc

You mean he has a NCB - Non commissioned Batman
no no we called it canteen in our language but its a small restaurant type pf thing
its almost everywhere here food is outsourced to mostly malbaris who r best in making shity foods but kia kare

Guys,

I was wondering whether Officer’s mess has buffet or just scheduled dishes as per day ?

And whatever it is, What are the dishes ?
Are they multi cuisine or just national dishes ?

If you have pics of food, providing that would also be fine, Atleast I can guess the taste.

I am not talking about ration packs, Mess food is what I am referring to.

Also tell about breakfast, Corn flakes hote hain Fauji cereals ke?
In messes,it is all of the above. Messes always follow a weekly schedule of three dishes per day which could be national, Chinese etc. However, if you want something special for you or for a gathering or something, you can always warn them before hand so that they procure the necessary items and make whatever you want. Its something normal.

wherever i i ha tried the biryani, it had a perfect taste, however idk WHY but same doesn't apply on Pulao ....theres always too much tamatar in that :fie:
in the end it comes down to where you are....i always want to try how food tastes like up in NW (Peshawar side)....Pashtun cuisine will be something

with biryani its all about masala and raita....not botiyan...
Yes, good pulao is rare, not everyone can make

Pahariye Biryani mein aloo dalte hain. Pindi kabhi jana ho to savour ka palao zaroor khana.
Bekar hai, khaya hai mein ne

View attachment 621953

Full ayashi porgam.
Ye Fauj hamara budget kha jati hai aur ayashi karti hai......bal bla bla BS.

Asal me bechare daal roti kha k guazara krte hain most of the time.
I like US Navy one

What taste of the biryani, Like does it matter from city to city?
Obviously. Jacobabad air base biryani is not good

Pahariye Biryani mein aloo dalte hain. Pindi kabhi jana ho to savour ka palao zaroor khana.
Aalo na dalwaya karo Warna chawal kam hojate hain

wherever i i ha tried the biryani, it had a perfect taste, however idk WHY but same doesn't apply on Pulao ....theres always too much tamatar in that :fie:
in the end it comes down to where you are....i always want to try how food tastes like up in NW (Peshawar side)....Pashtun cuisine will be something
Isn't Pulao without masala on biryani?

I like US Navy one

Obviously. Jacobabad air base biryani is not good

Aalo na dalwaya karo Warna chawal kam hojate hain

Isn't Pulao without masala on biryani?
Pulao gets its taste from the liquid that extracts from bones as well as fat and joints. It has nothing to do with biryani.

Yakhni pulao is the real deal

Han bhai. Lekin botioon k beghair life aise hai jese tyron k beghair gari.

Aj tak mujhe Savour mein shaami kabab k tukk ki samajh nai ai.
Karachi mein saddar mein 1 restaurant hai, Serves pulao, With crushed omelette and kabab, ketchup, fries, all mixed together . Can you imagine the blasphemy ? People can go any extent to make strange things

@StormBreaker you didn't sleep tonight or like myself you woke up now?
I didn’t :lol::lol:, not until I make sure fajr is done

Guys,

I was wondering whether Officer’s mess has buffet or just scheduled dishes as per day ?

If you have pics of food, providing that would also be fine, Atleast I can guess the taste.

It's mostly regular food with Friday being reserved for Biryani. Same goes for breakfast as well.

Guys,

On daily basis based upon the weekly menu ... usually consists off a Non-Veg dosh and a Veg/Dal; apart from that any additional wish of yours will be served but will be charged separately from your pocket in addition to the regular mess bills.
At breakfast also same story, usually cornflakes/cereals + Bread + butter + Jam + egg (Omelette/fry/boiled/scrambled). Once in week the luxury of 'Hulwah Puri and Channa'.
May be an alteration among units but usually resembles.

Guys,

Allow me an attempt to answer. I am sure things couldnt be much different across the Radcliffe Line.

The Officers Mess is run by a Mess committee headed by the 2IC , called the PMC. Besides other members who have defined tasks the Mess Secretary is the next most important man , the buck usually stops at him. He has a Food Member whose job is to lay down the menu, fix messimg costs and ensure the kitchen is geared up to create wonders at no notice in the most adverse conditions.

After the Mess Silver, the next most proized ' possesion' an Officers Mess has are its cooks. They are trained at military schools for Catering and more importantly in the local Hotels / popular eateries at not cost usually with the ' connections; of the Officers

Now the food, Breakfast is a hurried affair rarely taken in the Mess. Mostly in the room or sent for when in Office / Garages/ Training Area as the case may be. Mostly eggs to order, bread, Cold Coffee/ Tea etc.

Lunch , is a late affair often rushed too , usually between 1400 - 1430 hrs. Veg mostly at Lunch. Seasonal Veg, Roti, Dal, Dahi. Sunday lunches are good usually preceeded by beer/ Gin

Dinner is relatively relaxed, the Bars usually shut by 2145 hrs which gives an Officer time for two drinks ( obviously for those who drink) before hitting the table. Non Veg most days except Tuesday and good food . Continental usually two days a week.

I hope I have been able to be of help

Allow me an attempt to answer. I am sure things couldnt be much different across the Radcliffe Line.

The Officers Mess is run by a Mess committee headed by the 2IC , called the PMC. Besides other members who have defined tasks the Mess Secretary is the next most important man , the buck usually stops at him. He has a Food Member whose job is to lay down the menu, fix messimg costs and ensure the kitchen is geared up to create wonders at no notice in the most adverse conditions.

After the Mess Silver, the next most proized ' possesion' an Officers Mess has are its cooks. They are trained at military schools for Catering and more importantly in the local Hotels / popular eateries at not cost usually with the ' connections; of the Officers

Now the food, Breakfast is a hurried affair rarely taken in the Mess. Mostly in the room or sent for when in Office / Garages/ Training Area as the case may be. Mostly eggs to order, bread, Cold Coffee/ Tea etc.

Lunch , is a late affair often rushed too , usually between 1400 - 1430 hrs. Veg mostly at Lunch. Seasonal Veg, Roti, Dal, Dahi. Sunday lunches are good usually preceeded by beer/ Gin

Dinner is relatively relaxed, the Bars usually shut by 2145 hrs which gives an Officer time for two drinks ( obviously for those who drink) before hitting the table. Non Veg most days except Tuesday and good food . Continental usually two days a week.

I hope I have been able to be of help
This was missing from my thread, good to hear across the border situation as well.

Back
Top Bottom