What's new

France starts ban on full-face veil

I find nothing wrong to keep one's values, tradition, culture etc when in foreign lands.

However, one should be sensitive to the host country's culture, traditions and values too!

One should not flaunt and thrust one's way of life like a red rag into the face of the host country chaps, unless one is asking for trouble.

And if one feels that one cannot accommodate the host country's ways, then one should not even go there and if one has gone, one should return.

To be frank, one leaves his country for economic gains i.e. personal interests. Therefore, if one does not find one's own country capable of giving one what one wants, then one should go with all humility and stay there with grace and not raise a hornet's nest and bring hatred for his countrymen as a mass, who have not even gone to those lands because they know that they would not be really welcomed in a true friendly fashion.

The issue is of keeping values and practices in foreign lands.

In England, it is liberal and all can do so.

France has imposed their form of secularism and that is not liked by the Muslims.

The point is that if one is to be allowed to maintain one's values and culture and practice in foreign lands, then to be allowed to do so, there should be reciprocity.

Islamic Nation like Saudi Arabia, insists that all foreigners will have to follow their religious and state codes. They also do not allow non Muslims (that too very selectively) to become citizens of Saudi Arabia.

If that is so, what is this brouhaha over France's action {which in anyway I do not support). In all fairness, they can impose their ways as Saudi Arabia imposes their ways on foreigners. And what is more they allow others to become citizens, while Saudi Arabia does not!

The question is why should Saudi Arabia reciprocate for French Muslims? What connection does Saudi Arabia have with French Muslims that obligates them to reciprocate for French Muslims?

I find nothing wrong to keep one's values, tradition, culture etc when in foreign lands.

However, one should be sensitive to the host country's culture, traditions and values too!

One should not flaunt and thrust one's way of life like a red rag into the face of the host country chaps, unless one is asking for trouble.

And if one feels that one cannot accommodate the host country's ways, then one should not even go there and if one has gone, one should return.

To be frank, one leaves his country for economic gains i.e. personal interests. Therefore, if one does not find one's own country capable of giving one what one wants, then one should go with all humility and stay there with grace and not raise a hornet's nest and bring hatred for his countrymen as a mass, who have not even gone to those lands because they know that they would not be really welcomed in a true friendly fashion.

With this post I agree completely (and Sikh's turbans should be banned as well). One shouldn't flaunt their different culture in public in foreign lands, they are simply provoking people.

I wish this lady on the right would wear niqab, if you look like her it should be obligatory to wear a veil. And some sort of muzzle as well.

The lady on the right shows her full face and I think it is perfectly fine.

On the contrary, the left one looks like a real weirdo.

It does not matter how many brownie points one wins in a debate.

What matters is the bottom line - the govt rules that govern the issue as also, the hatred and danger that lurks from the distaste of the lumpen lot of the host country's population!

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

With this post I agree completely (and Sikh's turbans should be banned as well). One shouldn't flaunt their different culture in public in foreign lands, they are simply provoking people.

I presume it does not cover full face and so it is allowed.

As I said, is the scarf banned? Scarves show the full face.

However, what one should note is that since a foreigner, especially in the US, cannot differentiate a Muslim for a Sikh because of the beard, Sikhs are getting killed in the US!!

I wish this lady on the right would wear niqab, if you look like her it should be obligatory to wear a veil. And some sort of muzzle as well.

Are you accustomed to seeing women wearing niqabs and muzzles around you ?:blink:
Sounds really weird.

Are you accustomed to seeing women wearing niqabs and muzzles around you ?:blink:
Sounds really weird.

I am not accustomed to seeing women looking like that. She isn't exactly Miss World is she? I think it would be better for everyone if she wore the face veil.

I am not accustomed to seeing women looking like that. She isn't exactly Miss World is she? I think it would be better for everyone if she wore the face veil.

That should be her choice is'nt it?
While on this thread; you are screaming about the choice of a woman to wear a hijab.
And the bit about the muzzle, BTW; was both extremely absurd and in very poor taste.
Am pretty sure that every woman in your surroundings does not look like "Miss World". But that will not justify my wanting to put anything on them.

That should be her choice is'nt it?
While on this thread; you are screaming about the choice of a woman to wear a hijab.
And the bit about the muzzle, BTW; was both extremely absurd and in very poor taste.
Am pretty sure that every woman in your surroundings does not look like "Miss World". But that will not justify my wanting to put anything on them.

For God's sake, try to understand. That was a non-serious comment. There is no need to try and dissect it. Stop acting like a nutcase.

And I haven't been screaming anything, you clearly haven't been reading this thread because you have been too busy trying to group and attack all Muslims in general. I myself have said I am not against this ban. But I objected to your connecting French Muslims with Saudi Arabia. I said French Muslims are not Saudi Arabia's problem, they have no connection to Saudi Arabia nor does Saudi Arabia have any connection with them. Next time, try and comprehend, before displaying your racism and ignorance.

life is really going to be difficult for our muslim sisters their now just keep faith in god inshallah you will get through this god tests most ones he loves most.we are with you and french govt sad man seriously dont do this you should allow people to practice their religous ideology freely...really angry plus sad at this im really going to pray this ordeal comes to an end for the good hopefully

For God's sake, try to understand. That was a non-serious comment. There is no need to try and dissect it. Stop acting like a nutcase.

And I haven't been screaming anything, you clearly haven't been reading this thread because you have been too busy trying to group and attack all Muslims in general. I myself have said I am not against this ban. But I objected to your connecting French Muslims with Saudi Arabia. I said French Muslims are not Saudi Arabia's problem, they have no connection to Saudi Arabia nor does Saudi Arabia have any connection with them. Next time, try and comprehend, before displaying your racism and ignorance.

I have not said anything at all about Muslims. All I have said in the post above is that its a woman's choice to wear a hijab or not. About the Muzzle, bit you may now say that it was a non serious comment,. But nonetheless it was in very poor taste. If a woman wants to wear a muzzle it should remain her choice, and I have no right to say that she should, let alone force her to do so.

Now about the similarity between the French and Saudi Arabians. Both are trying to be coercive in imposing dress codes, just that the French have started doing it now and the Saudis have been doing it for years. Understand that. Therefore, the Saudis have been putting something similar to muzzles on women who may not want to wear it. So that is also unjustified and in poor taste. Now don't try to tell me that the Saudis are also doing it in some kind of non-serious way! Both Saudi Arabia and France, therefore (without their knowing it) are so connected.

And if your own comments (non-serious ?) about that woman's looks etc did not display bigotry and prejudice then what can be said. Where did rascism come into my comments, since I did not even mention the Saudis so far. Its only in this post that I have even written the word "Saudi".
So may be you should try to comprehend................... or what?

One cannot have one's cake and eat it too.

It is a Muslim country and so the sins of the father has to descend on his children!

Ever since 9/11, sadly, the West is looking at everything to be emanating from the powerful urge for the ummah and the Caliphate.

Just notice that even liberal Britain is putting the noose tight on visas to the subcontinent!

I dont understand what 9/11 has anything to do with right of woman to wear hijab or veil. lol those who did incident of 9/11 were terrorists irrespective of their religionand they killed innocent peoples irrespective of their religion including musli. All muslims were sad about the lost of innocent lives in 9/11. Incident of 9/11 has no connection with france either. So what is this non sense about father or children. It is also stupid of you to compare religious state with secular or religious laws with secular laws. I would not have any problem if france was a christian country and ban of veil would have taken from their religous scripture bible. But this is not the case as france claim to be secular country and thaswhy we are saying that this ban is against secular laws

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom