What's new

France starts ban on full-face veil

It should be.

At the same time, why won't muslims in French or other European countries try harder to integrate into their host countries???

A+ for effort and dedication :cheesy:

why not spend it for a social program or pay for the tuition of some poors

Well, maybe you should look at your religion first about that "tolerance issue".

its clear violation of religious freedom and human rights will erase europe image of tolarence

True. Every religion has bad apples.

However, it seems that there are way too much intolerance in islam now since there are way too many "bad apples" thugs who are excited day in and day out to carry out those violent actions.

I have no agenda to whatever religions you may know of. I am just offering my opinions as an outsider.

Well, if you cannot take my criticism, that is fine. I just hope you will not label me as anti-islam or islamophobia.

The true nature of islam, I do not know. I can only infer from the actions of the islam followers, the muslims. However, from the action of islam believers, I can say that they are way too much violent.

It may be due to the fact that (1) they have interpreted Quran Wrongly or (2) the nature of the religion is just that intolerant.

I would rather believe the true answer is the (1).

I would rather see the influential figures of islam all over the world stand out issuing their opinions on various of incidents happened in the past 30 years and reach certain consensus or directive what muslims should follow.

Muslim world need a leader and they need make their message loud and clear so as to remove any doubts or suspicion from outside world. The more ambiguous your leaders are, e.g. related to 9/11, invasion of Iraq, attack on Libya and etc, the more suspicion outsiders will have. You may end up with more and more anti-islam laws and activities.

In addition, you may look inside your religion and think hard, whether you are really mis-understood by outsiders or you have not tried harder enough to integrate into the local culture and local countries.

no; maybe you should just word your response differently. Every religious group has bad apples. Islam may have some adherents who are intolerant. Kind of like there are intolerant Jews, Christians, hindu, etc.

you seem fixated on Islam so im not sure if u have agenda or whether you are being genuine....not that it affects me at all

In this maze of post, I could not make out what exactly the French has done that is causing uncomfortable times.

As I understand by the thread's title, it is the full face veil i.e. total cover with only the eyes visible/ or covered by net, that they have banned.

Have they banned the head scarf also?

I think fashionable western women also wear a scarf around their head.

East European peasant women also wear scarf around the head.

It should be.

At the same time, why won't muslims in French or other European countries try harder to integrate into their host countries???

You are still moaning in this topic. Why we should integrate. Why we cannot keep our values and culture alive in multicultural society

You go there as guest and tell the host you can do whatever you want???

The host clearly tells you now: he does not like it and you can either abide by or go home.

You are still moaning in this topic. Why we should integrate. Why we cannot keep our values and culture alive in multicultural society

One should not.

However, the same courtesy has to be reciprocated.

Say, in Saudi Arabia.

One should not.

Say, in Saudi Arabia.

So you are making Muslims in France responsible for Saudi Arabia's decisions? Saudi Arabia has nothing to do with the ban in France. This comment reveals your mindset and inherent racism.

One should not.

Say, in Saudi Arabia.

Why should Saudi Arabia be responsible for the state of French Muslims and why should French Muslims be responsible for Saudi Arabia's laws?

You go there as guest and tell the host you can do whatever you want???

The host clearly tells you now: he does not like it and you can either abide by or go home.

I am living in englad from last 7 years and i kept my values alive so no problem for me. I can keep fasting, prayers, can wear any dress i like thatswhy i am still living here

One should not.

Say, in Saudi Arabia.
sure remember when english were in sub continent they kept their western culture alive and did not integrate in local culture.
Sorry saudia is not secular country so we cannot compare unless french claim to be a religous/christian state

Why should Saudi Arabia be responsible for the state of French Muslims and why should French Muslims be responsible for Saudi Arabia's laws?

The issue is of keeping values and practices in foreign lands.

In England, it is liberal and all can do so.

France has imposed their form of secularism and that is not liked by the Muslims.

The point is that if one is to be allowed to maintain one's values and culture and practice in foreign lands, then to be allowed to do so, there should be reciprocity.

Islamic Nation like Saudi Arabia, insists that all foreigners will have to follow their religious and state codes. They also do not allow non Muslims (that too very selectively) to become citizens of Saudi Arabia.

If that is so, what is this brouhaha over France's action {which in anyway I do not support). In all fairness, they can impose their ways as Saudi Arabia imposes their ways on foreigners. And what is more they allow others to become citizens, while Saudi Arabia does not!

sure remember when english were in sub continent they kept their western culture alive and did not integrate in local culture.
Sorry saudia is not secular country so we cannot compare unless french claim to be a religous/christian state

One cannot have one's cake and eat it too.

It is a Muslim country and so the sins of the father has to descend on his children!

Ever since 9/11, sadly, the West is looking at everything to be emanating from the powerful urge for the ummah and the Caliphate.

Just notice that even liberal Britain is putting the noose tight on visas to the subcontinent!

Seven years, still englad???

That is normal behaviors and any countries have no problems about that.

However, imams preaching terrorisms in mosques, forcing children into religious study instead of regular schools or separate them from interactions with regular local children in schools, having religious belief above the laws of host countries, intimidation or threat of violence against apostates, inter-racial relationships and etc

All of them are examples that they have no intention to integrate into local cultures.

I am living in englad from last 7 years and i kept my values alive so no problem for me. I can keep fasting, prayers, can wear any dress i like thatswhy i am still living here

Back
Top Bottom