What's new

Desi Corner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that's a lot. This past Christmas , we had a potluck style dinner with the congregation bringing food. I've a friend named Jyoti who brought Malayali style curry fish, and she cooked it with coconut and curry. Tastes good, but boy oh boy, was it hot!

well with us Keralites, it is hard working overseas, but hardly working while in Kerala :lol:

:'(

I was referring to all of us, across borders, as an international phenomenon.

oh that.

I always thought Internet nationailsts and armchair generals were always people who find it hard to find self-esteem and self-worth and likes to engage in 'tough guy' talk to beef their battered real life egos :unsure:

well with us Keralites, it is hard working overseas, but hardly working while in Kerala :lol:

I agree with you , my man. Life abroad is nice , but home will always be home.

How's life for you over there in New Zealand?

I agree with you , my man. Life abroad is nice , but home will always be home.

How's life for you over there in New Zealand?

well, it's not in the top 10 happiest countries in the world for nothing. You said you had Malayalis in your church, what's your impression of them :unsure:

well, it's not in the top 10 happiest countries in the world for nothing. You said you had Malayalis in your church, what's your impression of them :unsure:

I go to St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church because its close to where I live. There a lot of Filipinos, Malayali, Latinos and White-Americans there, so i get a sense of inclusion, and vibrant activity. We have lots of church events , one that I like are Couples for Christ and Singles for Christ. I go to them, and a lot of Malayali , Filipino folks too lol. They're very kind and warm hearted people. I have a good friend, Jyoti, who shared with me her experience in how she was healed by a Malayali Christian prayer and her story was emotional so it was a way for us to bond and become really good friends. One thing that i notice about Malayali people in my parish is that a lot of them are in the health field. A lot of them are Nurses, some Physicians. Very educated people, in my opinion.

Konichiva! :yahoo::yahoo:

Doitashimashite ! (My pleasure) ! :cheers:

I go to St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church because its close to where I live. There a lot of Filipinos, Malayali, Latinos and White-Americans there, so i get a sense of inclusion, and vibrant activity. We have lots of church events , one that I like are Couples for Christ and Singles for Christ. I go to them, and a lot of Malayali , Filipino folks too lol. They're very kind and warm hearted people. I have a good friend, Jyoti, who shared with me her experience in how she was healed by a Malayali Christian prayer and her story was emotional so it was a way for us to bond and become really good friends. One thing that i notice about Malayali people in my parish is that a lot of them are in the health field. A lot of them are Nurses, some Physicians. Very educated people, in my opinion.

Doitashimashite ! (My pleasure) ! :cheers:

true across India and other countries.

My Mother is a Nurse for example.

Thank you ji, but you didn't tell me the name of that Japanese Shrimp chips with pinkish spirals.

It is written as 蒲鉾 and pronounced as Kamaboko.

It can be pureed fish, can be shrimp, can be even oyster flavor.

:-)

10.jpg

It is written as 蒲鉾 and pronounced as Kamaboko.

It can be pureed fish, can be shrimp, can be even oyster flavor.

:-)

10.jpg

My brother is in Japan atm, part of a Chemistry PhD conference thing. Going to Tokyo, Tagasaki, sapporo :-)

AWESOME!!

I don't want to sound offensive here, but a friend of mine, who is in the same class as me is from Japan. He is an Indonesian adopted by Japanese parents.

He said the Japanese tended to xenophobic towards people like him.

No offence intended, Because then again, there awesome people like you in every community.

I thought you were a senior member, you are still a newbie. Even a senior member like me can learn a thing or two from you :(

You wrote 3341 posts in just 2 months. :o::o:

:agree:

I don't want to sound offensive here, but a friend of mine, who is in the same class as me is from Japan. He is an Indonesian adopted by Japanese parents.

He said the Japanese tended to xenophobic towards people like him.

No offence intended, Because then again, there awesome people like you in every community.

I thought you were a senior member, you are still a newbie. Even a senior member like me can learn a thing or two from you :(

It is unfortunate that there are some closed minded people in every community, my friend. Yes, some Japanese can exude that kind of prejudice, but fortunately, not all.

Those who are like that are racists and should be ashamed of them selves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom