What's new

For Indian members only-Want an honest Opinion

1. without humanities, the engineers will not innovate but only circulate present technologies which may be wrong... humanities allows future thinking... people like elon musk are as much humanists as engineers.

2. engineers do not live isolated lives, taking their projects for granted... they live in the real world which is affected by political and other events... those who are engineers by interest can anyway work in their field not only in engineering courses but can start groups which include other engineers outside of course times and do what they wish... they can convince their schools to give them equipment and support... and they can formally go through with humanities course.

3. how many engineering courses have actually yielded any real contribution??

andhra and telangana?? you mean all those software engineers now in usa?? of course they will disagree
. :agree:

Not just them :P . I mean netas, professors, teachers, parents & even those who study humanities..

The common perception among many people(Especially the middle class) is that those who are smart/get good marks do Engineering/Medicine, those who are average or couldn't get the aforementioned go for Sciences/commerce & the dumbest choose humanities, literature etc

Not all ICSE students..
I am also from an ICSE school(till Xth class) & my communication skills are pathetic, add to that I'm very shy & introvertish & have very few friends at my college(except the Internet).
Dont mind me asking this but do you belong to the UP-Bihar belt?

Friends, Both older and younger variants..:D

I have opened a new school in my area where I also operate a college (Its a village area but near to city)

I have not taken affiliation from any board, but have zeroed in between
CBSE and ICSE(CISCE).

Kindly give your inputs as to which one will best suitable for children. Do not be biased as to under which board you have studied!!

@levina @45'22' @janon @dray @scorpionx @Guynextdoor2 @SpArK @MilSpec @Rain Man @Skull and Bones @jamahir (if you have studied in India) @Bornubus @wolfschanzze @Mike_Brando @Srinivas @TimeTraveller @halupridol @HariPrasad @gslv @Blue_Eyes @doppelganger @Bang Galore @kaku1 @Koovie @Ind4Ever @IND151 @SarthakGanguly @anant_s @jbgt90 @Dash @Ryuzaki @AUSTERLITZ @bloo @SRP @Roybot @Robinhood Pandey @AMCA @GR!FF!N @CONNAN @Tshering22 @Lord Zen @Screambowl @pursuit of happiness @Chanakya's_Chant @Manindra @he-man @SrNair @IndoCarib @third eye @Zebra @itachiii @KayAay @NKVD @GURU DUTT @Omega007 @kurup @JanjaWeed @nair @OrionHunter @jarves and other persons who I may have missed. Your inputs will be valuable for me for taking a decision.:-)

Go for CBSE. Till 9th I have studied ICSE and in 10th I took CBSE.

The only advantage ICSE has, is student has option of vocational courses. But I found ICSE better. Why I am telling you to go for CBSE because, there are more CBSE schools in India.

Last edited:

I have opened a new school in my area where I also operate a college (Its a village area but near to city)

CBSE and ICSE(CISCE).

Kindly give your inputs as to which one will best suitable for children. Do not be biased as to under which board you have studied!!

@levina @45'22' @janon @dray @scorpionx @Guynextdoor2 @SpArK @MilSpec @Rain Man @Skull and Bones @jamahir (if you have studied in India) @Bornubus @wolfschanzze @Mike_Brando @Srinivas @TimeTraveller @halupridol @HariPrasad @gslv @Blue_Eyes @doppelganger @Bang Galore @kaku1 @Koovie @Ind4Ever @IND151 @SarthakGanguly @anant_s @jbgt90 @Dash @Ryuzaki @AUSTERLITZ @bloo @SRP @Roybot @Robinhood Pandey @AMCA @GR!FF!N @CONNAN @Tshering22 @Lord Zen @Screambowl @pursuit of happiness @Chanakya's_Chant @Manindra @he-man @SrNair @IndoCarib @third eye @Zebra @itachiii @KayAay @NKVD @GURU DUTT @Omega007 @kurup @JanjaWeed @nair @OrionHunter @jarves and other persons who I may have missed. Your inputs will be valuable for me for taking a decision.:-)

A good student will shine no matter what the board is. But since demand for CBSE board is more, it makes sense to go for CBSE board. :)

I think people here are slightly deviated from topic.
If you are opening up a school in a village outside the city limits, then you should first try to answer following questions

1. How resourcefull the teachers are?
2. What board is commonly accepted in the region? Local vs CBSE vs ICSE
3. Check the boards requirements list and see if you can meet them. Especially the lab quality requirements, experience and student size.

And ICSE is on any day better for entrance exams give the course curriculum in much wide and gives indept of the content. Infact ICSE prepares students with better base on basics give the diverse and indept content and if basics are strong every thing else becomes easy as they move ahead.

resnik and Halliday

My favorite. Loved physics too. Got 94 in Maths as well (did not love it though, was just good at it). Did Accounts in my 6th subject in my 10th. Was great at that too (my Balance Sheets would always tallY). But Chemistry I do not like. Which is what settled my mind for medicine over engineering.

CBSE and ICSE(CISCE).

CBSE without any doubt

Cbse...Though I have studied from state boards 10th UP n 12th Uttaranchal ....

Last edited:
Studying in Class XII ISC?? Which stream

& how are your boards going as of now?

Not all ICSE students..
I am also from an ICSE school(till Xth class) & my communication skills are pathetic, add to that I'm very shy & introvertish & have very few friends at my college(except the Internet).

Why do you feel that Humanities are more important than Engineering??

By the way let me say that a large part of AP & TG would disagree with your statement :P

Science - All well except Physics - Tomorrow is Mathematics...

Back
Top Bottom