What's new

For Indian members only-Want an honest Opinion

Odisha and Bhubaneswar

Well depends upon reservation policy I guess. English medium is good but if there a high reservation (70% in TN), then state will still make sense. Most students are worried about engineering/ medicine post 12th so it's important to them. You can always give them English in the state board itself as a paper to balance I guess.

Basically,it all comes down to your teaching and infrastructure.

CBSE is my preference

Nice to know that your other exams went well :) (except Physics). I know it's too late to say this..
But Best of Luck for Maths :)

I sincerely hope you do well..

P.S:- When you have time to respond, can you tell me whether you are aiming for IIT's like the others or not?

Thanks a lot for your good wishes! - It went like average - Anyways I am not aiming for IIT's/engineering - I will go for Civil Services - IAS/PCS - for graduation I am exploring the option of BA LLB from one of the NLU's or maybe if I get a good government engineering college then I'll go for it...confused which way to choose....

Thanks a lot for your good wishes! - It went like average - Anyways I am not aiming for IIT's/engineering - I will go for Civil Services - IAS/PCS - for graduation I am exploring the option of BA LLB from one of the NLU's or maybe if I get a good government engineering college then I'll go for it...confused which way to choose....

Okay well atleast your exam wasn't a disaster like mine :) .

BA LLB?? So you must be writing CLAT.

Let me tell you something, my cousin prepared for 4 entire years(9th-12th) for IIT-JEE & other engineering entrance exams.[My family is crazy over engineering] He also applied for CLAT(by mistake) & he went to take the exam just for the sake of it with absolutely no preparation.

Later when all the results came out, he got in no good Engineering College.. But he did fantastic in the CLAT & got a seat in NALSAR, Hyderabad..to the surprise of everyone & he went there.

But my family was disappointed & angry because everybody here believes that Engineering+Medicine are superior to all other streams. & most people in other streams are just rejects of these 2 or aren't smart enough.

Let's not go off-topic. HE got it because he was good at Logical reasoning & problem solving skills, has an excellent command over English & keeps an ear out on the current affairs of our nation.

If you are good at the above. You can get do well in CLAT, but that was 4-5 years back. Competition has grown a lot. if you want a guaranteed seat, you have to get more than 165/200..

To get in CLAT, you have to practise a LOT in the next few weeks & strengthen your problem solving skills, logical reasoning & your English & keep on practicing them from time to time. I am sure you already very strong in your current affairs.. :)

& regarding govt. colleges which state do you live in??

Regards,
Your Senior by 1 Year,
Darmashkian

SOURCES:-
1)Personal experience
2)Classmate who wrote CLAT last year

@thesolar65
From a business point of view and from students' future POV CBSE, no doubt. My reasons are these:
If a majority of your students are not NRI types, who will write SATs and go to foreign universities for undergrads, they will have to take Indian entrance examinations. As much as ICSE syllabus is tuned, CBSE holds a direct edge here. FOr instance, if a student aims for civil services CBSE text books are standard reading. Similar advantages will be there for cracking JEE or AIIMS. TOEFL is a chillar exam for a decent CBSE student. It is anyway just qualifying and higher TOEFL/GRE scores do not directly correlate with better admission. Naturally parents will also make same calculation and prefer CBSE for their children, because when you see as a pool, a CBSE school will accumulate students aspiring for all things in life. So it a better board for goal oriented children. ICSE has great activity oriented studies and the English is first class. Children read Shakespeare plays in entirety. So probably parents who can afford to have their children good fulfilling education without any pressure will prefer it. Sadly in India that is very few.

And finally for someone(parent) who hasn't heard of ICSE or/and CBSE, CBSE is a safe bet.

For the sake of completion, as @Zebra mentioned, CBSE is preferred also because it would make for an easier transfer.

@thesolar65
From a business point of view and from students' future POV CBSE, no doubt. My reasons are these:
If a majority of your students are not NRI types, who will write SATs and go to foreign universities for undergrads, they will have to take Indian entrance examinations. As much as ICSE syllabus is tuned, CBSE holds a direct edge here. FOr instance, if a student aims for civil services CBSE text books are standard reading. Similar advantages will be there for cracking JEE or AIIMS. TOEFL is a chillar exam for a decent CBSE student. It is anyway just qualifying and higher TOEFL/GRE scores do not directly correlate with better admission. Naturally parents will also make same calculation and prefer CBSE for their children, because when you see as a pool, a CBSE school will accumulate students aspiring for all things in life. So it a better board for goal oriented children. ICSE has great activity oriented studies and the English is first class. Children read Shakespeare plays in entirety. So probably parents who can afford to have their children good fulfilling education without any pressure will prefer it. Sadly in India that is very few.

And finally for someone(parent) who hasn't heard of ICSE or/and CBSE, CBSE is a safe bet.

For the sake of completion, as @Zebra mentioned, CBSE is preferred also because it would make for an easier transfer.

My students will be mainly from outskirts of the city, a mix of village and city students. and thanks for the inputs.

Okay well atleast your exam wasn't a disaster like mine :) .

BA LLB?? So you must be writing CLAT.

Let me tell you something, my cousin prepared for 4 entire years(9th-12th) for IIT-JEE & other engineering entrance exams.[My family is crazy over engineering] He also applied for CLAT(by mistake) & he went to take the exam just for the sake of it with absolutely no preparation.

Later when all the results came out, he got in no good Engineering College.. But he did fantastic in the CLAT & got a seat in NALSAR, Hyderabad..to the surprise of everyone & he went there.

But my family was disappointed & angry because everybody here believes that Engineering+Medicine are superior to all other streams. & most people in other streams are just rejects of these 2 or aren't smart enough.

Let's not go off-topic. HE got it because he was good at Logical reasoning & problem solving skills, has an excellent command over English & keeps an ear out on the current affairs of our nation.

If you are good at the above. You can get do well in CLAT, but that was 4-5 years back. Competition has grown a lot. if you want a guaranteed seat, you have to get more than 165/200..

To get in CLAT, you have to practise a LOT in the next few weeks & strengthen your problem solving skills, logical reasoning & your English & keep on practicing them from time to time. I am sure you already very strong in your current affairs.. :)

& regarding govt. colleges which state do you live in??

Regards,
Your Senior by 1 Year,
Darmashkian

SOURCES:-
1)Personal experience
2)Classmate who wrote CLAT last year

Same here - Even I was given only two options after class X - PCM or PCB -

I live in UP (Lucknow) - the state engineering examination or SEE-UPTU is considered a lot easier to crack than the JEE but the problem is there are only a handful of good government engineering colleges to go for - HBTI and IET to name a few (or maybe the only ones).

I am going for CLAT - will join a crash course for the same -

Thanks a lot bhai! BTW what are you pursuing right now? I guess engineering only...

Same here - Even I was given only two options after class X - PCM or PCB -

I live in UP (Lucknow) - the state engineering examination or SEE-UPTU is considered a lot easier to crack than the JEE but the problem is there are only a handful of good government engineering colleges to go for - HBTI and IET to name a few (or maybe the only ones).

I am going for CLAT - will join a crash course for the same -

Thanks a lot bhai! BTW what are you pursuing right now? I guess engineering only...

UP.. hmmm

There aren't many good governmental engineering colleges in UP.(or that I have heard of)

& by the way I study at Shiv Nadar University in Greater Noida,UP, am currently doing my B.Tech(ECE)-1st Year. & just like you, I intend to get a degree,write the civil services exam & do well in it, so that I can get into the Indian Foreign Service.[I know it's damn tough, but I'm determined to get in it no matter how hard I have to work or how much I should sacrifice]]

Friends, Both older and younger variants..:D

I have opened a new school in my area where I also operate a college (Its a village area but near to city)

I have not taken affiliation from any board, but have zeroed in between
CBSE and ICSE(CISCE).

Kindly give your inputs as to which one will best suitable for children. Do not be biased as to under which board you have studied!!

@levina @45'22' @janon @dray @scorpionx @Guynextdoor2 @SpArK @MilSpec @Rain Man @Skull and Bones @jamahir (if you have studied in India) @Bornubus @wolfschanzze @Mike_Brando @Srinivas @TimeTraveller @halupridol @HariPrasad @gslv @Blue_Eyes @doppelganger @Bang Galore @kaku1 @Koovie @Ind4Ever @IND151 @SarthakGanguly @anant_s @jbgt90 @Dash @Ryuzaki @AUSTERLITZ @bloo @SRP @Roybot @Robinhood Pandey @AMCA @GR!FF!N @CONNAN @Tshering22 @Lord Zen @Screambowl @pursuit of happiness @Chanakya's_Chant @Manindra @he-man @SrNair @IndoCarib @third eye @Zebra @itachiii @KayAay @NKVD @GURU DUTT @Omega007 @kurup @JanjaWeed @nair @OrionHunter @jarves and other persons who I may have missed. Your inputs will be valuable for me for taking a decision.:-)

Depends on what options are available there. But yes only cbse or icse. If you ask me cbse. I'm a kv product too. But then kvs are a different culture.

Why cbse ? It's an updated syllabus. It's very neutral inspite of the crap noise people make.

It's simple, you don't want ncerte textbooks, don't make them, so find out what textbooks are permissible under the board. Debate, weigh, and then choose.

I will like to say more, hear more. So tag me in future developments.

Which area ? The school is in ?

P.S. : Bestest of luck ! :tup: :toast_sign:

Friends, Both older and younger variants..:D

I have opened a new school in my area where I also operate a college (Its a village area but near to city)

I have not taken affiliation from any board, but have zeroed in between
CBSE and ICSE(CISCE).

Kindly give your inputs as to which one will best suitable for children. Do not be biased as to under which board you have studied!!

@levina @45'22' @janon @dray @scorpionx @Guynextdoor2 @SpArK @MilSpec @Rain Man @Skull and Bones @jamahir (if you have studied in India) @Bornubus @wolfschanzze @Mike_Brando @Srinivas @TimeTraveller @halupridol @HariPrasad @gslv @Blue_Eyes @doppelganger @Bang Galore @kaku1 @Koovie @Ind4Ever @IND151 @SarthakGanguly @anant_s @jbgt90 @Dash @Ryuzaki @AUSTERLITZ @bloo @SRP @Roybot @Robinhood Pandey @AMCA @GR!FF!N @CONNAN @Tshering22 @Lord Zen @Screambowl @pursuit of happiness @Chanakya's_Chant @Manindra @he-man @SrNair @IndoCarib @third eye @Zebra @itachiii @KayAay @NKVD @GURU DUTT @Omega007 @kurup @JanjaWeed @nair @OrionHunter @jarves and other persons who I may have missed. Your inputs will be valuable for me for taking a decision.:-)
Thanks For Tagging Sir and Sorry for answering so late.....:-).....I guess CBSE will be the best....:-)

Back
Top Bottom