What's new

Featured COAS visited Gujranwala today - ISPR

In feb 2019 in sialkot/adjoining sector people actually leaked videos of PA trucks travelling on road (on twitter which were probably deleted later on) . What the uploaders did not know were that those trucks were from Engr units carrying ribbon bridges.

When ribbon bridge trucks are on the move then the mechanized formations are not far behind.

From the time when my father was in such unit in a strike corps in early 90s.

View attachment 670507

Thank you for sharing this and respect to your father for serving Pakistan. I am personally of the view that very little of the army clashes of last year along the LOC and WB was brought out to the public realm. For example, the recent thread about 4K Indian paramilitary deaths in the last 3 years, we all know where the majority of them occurred and yet we don't really get to hear much about Pakistan army actions along LOC, apart from 1 or 2 snippets during the annual Investiture ceremony.

Thank you for sharing this and respect to your father for serving Pakistan. I am personally of the view that very little of the army clashes of last year along the LOC and WB was brought out to the public realm. For example, the recent thread about 4K Indian paramilitary deaths in the last 3 years, we all know where the majority of them occurred and yet we don't really get to hear much about Pakistan army actions along LOC, apart from 1 or 2 snippets during the annual Investiture ceremony.
Ambiguity.... Scarier than anything.

and mine is early 2000s.
The 2001–2002 India–Pakistan standoff was also fun yet minacious times...

Yes, we even had trenches dug out near our school (for bomb shelter), similarly chalk markings were done to identify areas to dig shelters behind our apartment blocks in that particular Cantt back then during 2002 stand off.

and mine is early 2000s.
The 2001–2002 India–Pakistan standoff was also fun yet minacious times...
Mine in 1988 -89 when brass tacks happens and rajiv said prepare for war. We were in rahwali cantt, Overnight I remember anti aircraft guns all over and. Truck moving all night. Scary days! I was still without a care in the world!

k

time to cut chickens neck
View attachment 670403
If I am not wrong 'chicken neck' term is internationally defined as follows and if worked on, India could be divided easily from those north eastern states with separation movements:
The strip of land, barely twenty five kilometres wide at certain places, connected India's states in the North East to its mainland. Called the Siliguri Corridor for being the connecting link, the fragility of the narrow strip however accorded itself a more popular name: Chicken's Neck.

If I am not wrong 'chicken neck' term is internationally defined as follows and if worked on, India could be divided easily from those north eastern states with separation movements:
The strip of land, barely twenty five kilometres wide at certain places, connected India's states in the North East to its mainland. Called the Siliguri Corridor for being the connecting link, the fragility of the narrow strip however accorded itself a more popular name: Chicken's Neck.
India's "chicken neck" is out of reach of Pakistan Army unless covert Ops are set in motion.

Back
Top Bottom