What's new

Brain Drain: Highly Educated & Top Pakistanis Leave Country | Accelerated 3 Times to go abroad | Pakistan's brightest leaving the country

There are over 20 MILLION Indians who have gone overseas in the past decade and a half. So what happened? This top educated immigration community has ONLY help India grow. So if our Pakistanis remain loyal to the country and they go overseas. They should support their mother land and invest here and help us grow.

Political propaganda increasing by ONE party to show the world "Pakistan is doomed". Sad to see Pakistanis indulging in anti-state activities and making the country look bad. What's interesting is that majority of these threads are opened up by Pakistanis living in the US and UK, enjoying a stable system and earning Dollars and Pounds, yet instigating anti-state activities and sentiment.
Overseas Pakistanis just can send $$$ and £££, and open threads.
Their $$$ and £££ are welcome but they can't vote.

On the other hand, Generals are buying islands and makings plazas and hoarding $$$ and £££ outside.

Indians abroad support each other and massively recruit their countrymen into MNC's whereas Pakistanis are divided by ethnicities abroad and go out of their way to pull each other's legs. Indian executives/CEO's are known to offshore work to India, whole production lines have been moved to India on the whims of Indian origin CEO's.

However, when Pakistanis try to do the same i.e. off shore production to Pakistan they are rebuffed by establishment that eschews exports and is in love with Imports. I have a personal experience that attests to this mindset of the powers that be in Pakistan.

I can also attest to the same.

Some of my older brother's friends are successful tech entrepreneurs and happen to be Pakistani. When they all tried to do some sort of beneficial work to and for Pakistan they all described it as someone "trying to actively stop a doctor from administering medicine to themselves".

My advice to you will be to get your CPCU designation that my brother will open the door for you to any insurance career opportunity out there, or if you are independent consulting, you are more preferred than a person without it.

I have my CPCU (it's like accounting version of chartered accounting), and less than 1% of people in the industry have it.

Yea CPCUs are on the same level as a master's degree. CPCU makes one stand out too.

Last edited:

PIDE Survey reveals nearly half of Pakistanis will leave country if given chance

All Pakistanis say they love their nation, yet more than one-third will live in a “good” country if given the chance.

Poll finds economic issues and political instability to be the biggest cause

SAMAA WEB DESK Dec 08, 2022
081553293e0ee20.jpg

All Pakistanis say they love their nation, yet more than one-third will live in a “good” country if given the chance.

Human capital flight aka brain drain is a serious phenomenon that has hounded the country for years, especially since the beginning of the 21st century.

A recent survey has revealed that a huge population would leave their country of birth to settle in a country with more opportunities and better lifestyle, if given the chance to.

The Pakistan Institute of Development Economics (PIDE) found that 37% of Pakistanis would go overseas if they could.

The research found that 42% of Balochistan’s inhabitants want to leave Pakistan, the highest of the four provinces followed
by Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) and Sindh.

Punjab is the lowest, although 35% of Punjabis, wish to leave the country.

Kashmiris are most likely to leave Pakistan, at 44%, followed by Gilgit-Baltistan.

Islamabad has the lowest percentage of people who desire to leave the land.

Age and gender also affect identity, according to research. Women leave the country at a lower rate than men.

Some 62% of people aged between 15 and 24 wish to leave the country, however, the desire diminishes with age.
Less-educated people are least likely to leave the nation.

What’s the reason behind this?

PIDE says leaving one’s home or nation is hard, but there must be a good cause. The poll found economic issues to be the biggest cause.

The study found that living with dignity was the second-biggest reason behind Pakistanis wanted to leave.

The poll found that Sindh and Balochistan want respect more than equality.

The people of Sindh are more eager to leave for security, followed by Balochistan and Kashmir.

In KP, gender equality was the top motivation for leaving.

From 1971 to June 2020, over 11.2 million Pakistanis sought work in 52 countries, according to the Pakistan Bureau of Immigration and Overseas Employment.

The number of Indians in the US seems to indicate most of India wants to come over.

The number of Indians in the US seems to indicate most of India wants to come over.

It's more than that, brother; Indians open businesses and sponsor other Indians (mostly family members) to come over. Overall, they have a solid and intelligent network nothing wrong with it cause a lot of them are local economy generators on their own. While it's sad to admit approximately 90% of my partners or investors I do business dealings with are Indians, Pakistanis are utterly useless in the field of commerce.

If they stay in Pakistan, a majority of them will be jobless. I don't see an issue here. Everyone is striving to find opportunities. It's not like most of them are leaving jobs here to go abroad.

Highly educated or not, if there is no work here, what use is their higher education for Pakistan?

It's more than that, brother; Indians open businesses and sponsor other Indians (mostly family members) to come over. Overall, they have a solid and intelligent network nothing wrong with it cause a lot of them are local economy generators on their own. While it's sad to admit approximately 90% of my partners or investors I do business dealings with are Indians, Pakistanis are utterly useless in the field of commerce.
Quite an over exaggeration by you. Indians seem to be mostly working in gas stations, supermarkets, cleaners in airports, taxi drivers and IT. The reason why they are in IT is because the hirers get commission and kick backs . The successful Indian business men are mostly from Africa where they scammed the Africans until the Africans caught on and then the Indians ran off with the loot to welcoming Euro and Yankee arms, where the Indians are doing the same thing as they did in Africa, become richer with ill-gotten money.

Quite an over exaggeration by you. Indians seem to be mostly working in gas stations, supermarkets, cleaners in airports, taxi drivers and IT. The reason why they are in IT is because the hirers get commission and kick backs . The successful Indian business men are mostly from Africa where they scammed the Africans until the Africans caught on and then the Indians ran off with the loot to welcoming Euro and Yankee arms, where the Indians are doing the same thing as they did in Africa, become richer with ill-gotten money.

That might be the case in the UK and Europe, but it's completely different now in the states.

What do you think is the cause of that?

I have also heard similar complaints and comments from other Pakistanis. Is it okay to just chalk it up all to feudalism? Or there's a longer cultural divide at play, especially in the field of science and intellect?

Pakistani kids in America aren't dumb though, although they are smaller in number than Indians, they still hold their weight when it comes to academic achievement and scholarships.

I am willing to pin it on babbus and their start of the rot.

Indians are the smartest diaspora in America. They are leagues ahead of everyone.

9n4lf8f5hrc91.png

Not from what I have seen in California, Arizona, Oregon, Nevada and New York

You will have those small groups that do the illegal stuff. I deal with the other end of the spectrum, and they are leagues apart from the typical desi's, and most of all, they are very selective in how they deal with their community. By and far, they are much better organized and developed than Pakistanis.

What do you think is the cause of that?

I have also heard similar complaints and comments from other Pakistanis. Is it okay to just chalk it up all to feudalism? Or there's a longer cultural divide at play, especially in the field of science and intellect?

Pakistani kids in America aren't dumb though, although they are smaller in number than Indians, they still hold their weight when it comes to academic achievement and scholarships.

I am willing to pin it on babbus and their start of the rot.

Indians are the smartest diaspora in America. They are leagues ahead of everyone.

9n4lf8f5hrc91.png

We do not have the cultural and intellectual capacity needed to excel in commerce. Most of all, from my early experience in business, the Pakistanis were quick to scam and hurt their fellow countrymen. Their thinking was to become "ameer" (rich) overnight at any cost. These early-generation Pakistanis crippled any success our community could have in establishing themselves and rooting themselves properly.

Devon Avenue in Chicago, IL, considered an Indo-Pak cultural center in the state, was once owned by Pakistanis. Eventually, they couldn't survive and thrive together and ended up selling it bits and pieces until now, and it's practically Indo-ized.

Due to shooting oneself in the foot, any succession plan for the next generation fell apart, and Pakistanis have resorted to working for corporations or other SBEs (small business enterprises) without the ability to build wealth or have much stake in the business.

The Indian community, as others have mentioned, has a much more robust help system for fellow countrymen. They do not bring down their countrymen purposely to hamper one's growth.

Last edited:
We do not have the cultural and intellectual capacity needed to excel in commerce. Most of all, from my early experience in business, the Pakistanis were quick to scam and hurt their fellow countrymen. Their thinking was to become "ameer" (rich) overnight at any cost. These early-generation Pakistanis crippled any success our community could have in establishing themselves and rooting themselves properly.

Devon Avenue in Chicago, IL, considered an Indo-Pak cultural center in the state, was owned by Pakistanis at one point. Eventually, they couldn't survive and thrive together and ended up selling it bits and pieces until now, and it's practically Indo-ized.

Due to shooting oneself in the foot, any succession plan for the next generation fell apart, and Pakistanis have resorted to working for corporations or other SBEs (small business enterprises) without the ability to build wealth or have much stake in the business.

Pakistanis seem to compete amongst themselves rather than others. Strange phenomena.

Overseas Pakistanis just can send $$$ and £££, and open threads.
Their $$$ and £££ are welcome but they can't vote.

On the other hand, Generals are buying islands and makings plazas and hoarding $$$ and £££ outside.

So if the generals are buying plots, what was IK doing all this time? He made just 12 billion alone from transfers of civil servants, then there are PACE apartments, BRT and the list is too long for his white collar corruption. Why only bring everyone else and ignore IK?

Overseas Pakistanis are OVERSEAS. The US and all other Western nations don't allow ex-pats to vote with another country's "allegiance" hanging on their heads. Pakistan needs to do the same. Once you took oath to the King or to some President, you follow that country's system.

Overseas Pakistanis invest into Pakistan for 10* return. While living overseas their investment would gro 7-8% with heavy taxes. So trust me, GREED is the only love they have also (or 80% of them). So let their greed play out and so is the greed of every politician (IK alone has done multi-billion rupees worth of corruption and so has all other politicians). So this is greed at work! PTI like others is also putting it's people in key roles to fulfil it's agendas and its all greed based, period.

Trump being a billionaire paid $ 0.00 taxes between 2018 - 2020! Go figure. Greed is everywhere. We need to wake up and pick the people that can best run the country.

Most of all, from my early experience in business, the Pakistanis were quick to scam and hurt their fellow countrymen.

Very common, even today.
Their thinking was to become "ameer" (rich) overnight at any cost.

And by all means necessary. This is the reason why you see a lot of Pakistani uncles and aunties get arrested here for some kind of fraud whether its Medicare or Tax or Business related.

These early-generation Pakistanis crippled any success our community could have in establishing themselves and rooting themselves properly.

The only success early Pakistanis relatively had was keeping the population relatively homogenous. Still, among Pakistani-Americans they overwhelmingly marry other Pakistanis.

You can argue early generation Pakistanis had trouble during 9/11 and the aftermath but the business environment was very favorable in the 80s and 90s. Sad to see they squandered an opportunity

Devon Avenue in Chicago, IL, considered an Indo-Pak cultural center in the state, was once owned by Pakistanis. Eventually, they couldn't survive and thrive together and ended up selling it bits and pieces until now, and it's practically Indo-ized.

I heard the same story to Jackson Heights, that used to be a Pakistani neighborhood too.

Also a lot of the babbus don't like to adapt and plan to the times. For example, if you see the OG restaurants for Pakistanis whether its Kebab King and Dera in NYC or Ravi's Kabab House in DMV area, they still look the same for the past 20 years.

The Indian community, as others have mentioned, has a much more robust help system for fellow countrymen. They do not bring down their countrymen purposely to hamper one's growth.

Its just government priorities at this point.

Back
Top Bottom