What's new

Departure of skilled professionals

Because there is much more prosecution in Pakistan

Trust me being involved in APPNA you can't imagine how difficult is it to deal with bureaucracy and even doctors back home

I have seen how supportive indians are and how toxic Pakistanis are

There is no competition

Lastly check how many people are kidnapped killed and their properties confiscated in Pakistan as compared to India /bengaldesh
That's doesn't explain why overseas (particularly US) Pakistanis outdo each other in pulling the other's legs, whereas Indians take nepotism to the next level.

Don't worry General Hafiz Munir is going to extract 5 trillion dollar worth minerals this year. This is roughly equal to federal government of U.S spending in year 2022. We will surpass U.S.A next year, and we are going to become super power . U.S.A has changed plan, instead of going on moon , they will come in Pakistan and they will accept our supermacy!

Don't worry General Hafiz Munir is going to extract 5 trillion dollar worth minerals this year. This is roughly equal to federal government of U.S spending in year 2022. We will surpass U.S.A next year, and we are going to become super power . U.S.A has changed plan, instead of going on moon , they will come in Pakistan and they will accept our supermacy!
Et tu, Brute?

@Signalian

My issue is why do Pakistanis choose to leave instead of confronting their issues head on? Compared to India and Bangladesh, which do have high immigration but less compared to Pakistan when stacked against total population.

There is corruption & misgovernance in Bangladesh & India too, but people there solve their problems. There is high productivity & exports in Indian & Bangladesh, increasing number of startups, etc. Basically there is enough entrepreneurs to tackle the problem of unemployment.

The US does not have the greatest economy because the jobs & industry always existed, but because entrepreneurs struggled to create industries that led to its vibrant economy.

Even the Indians that do leave always find some way to benefit India- Google or Microsoft CEO directing investment to India, etc. Meanwhile, Pakistanis abroad wouldn't dare invest at home. I understand that recent military intervention has driven them away, but this was an issue even before this period.

They are docile and do not challenge problems or even themselves. Running abroad is an easy solution to everything, as is taking bribes & stealing to low wages. Everyone is willing to run abroad, including Corp Commanders, and that's why foreign policy is decided elsewhere.

I wonder, if immigration abroad was banned, might that help correct the brain drain problem? What if it resulted in a boom in startups? Increase in productivity, exports because people have no where to run?

You won't like my answer, but Pakistanis are very selfish people. Many elite Pakistanis have invested heavily in foreign countries such as UAE, Malaysia, US, UK and even BD. These elites have businesses abroad. Pakistanis don't have faith in Pakistan. Not even those in power. Many military generals have luxurious appartments abroad. Many political leaders have luxurious properties abroad. The business community in Pakistan is no different. The elites choose to retire abroad. Pakistan is a very unfortunate country that is inundated with extremely corrupt and selfish people.

Last edited:
More 'native' Pakistanis chose to cut their links with Pakistan

I think the headline may be misleading. If a company wants to expand its operation by using Dubai as a base, it is a sign of success. There is no need to shame them. IBM, GE, Coca-Cola, McDonald all have presence all over the world. That doesn't make them 'unamerican'.

You won't like my answer, but Pakistanis are very selfish people. Many elite Pakistanis havd invested heavily in foreign countries such as UAE, Malaysia, US, UK and even BD. These elites have businesses abroad. Pakistanis don't have faith in Pakistan. Not even those in power.
They are pragmatic. They can see the writing on the wall and not believe all the claptrap. That is being smart and not 'very selfish'. They are trying to run a business not charity.

I think the headline may be misleading. If a company wants to expand its operation by using Dubai as a base, it is a sign of success. There is no need to shame them. IBM, GE, Coca-Cola, McDonald all have presence all over the world. That doesn't make them 'unamerican'.

They are pragmatic. They can see the writing on the wall and not believe all the claptrap. That is being smart and not 'very selfish'. They are trying to run a business not charity.

The American companies that you have named bring their revenue back to the US. Do Pakistani businessmen who have fled with their money to other nations also bring back revenue?

The American companies that you have named bring their revenue back to the US. Do Pakistani businessmen who have fled with their money to other nations also bring back revenue?
If they are Pakistani's, somehow or other at least a part of their earnings gets spent in Pakistan. Even if it is by building a fancy house or buying a farm. That is better than if they hadn't ventured out at all and produced little or no income in Pakistan.

Investing in Pakistan shouldn't be a charity especially when these industrialists ate from that charity themselves. They benefitted from elite capture they helped set up through their proxies in all political parties. They consumed billions of dollars of subsidies.
You won't like my answer, but Pakistanis are very selfish people. Many elite Pakistanis have invested heavily in foreign countries such as UAE, Malaysia, US, UK and even BD. These elites have businesses abroad. Pakistanis don't have faith in Pakistan. Not even those in power. Many military generals have luxurious appartments abroad. Many political leaders have luxurious properties abroad. The business community in Pakistan is no different. The elites choose to retire abroad. Pakistan is a very unfortunate country that is inundated with extremely corrupt and selfish people.
I love your answer. Many Pakistani people are selfish. They are to blame for their own problems. They blame the corrupt army, corrupt politicians, corrupt judiciary, but we know where all three recruit from, the very same people.

My problem is that they're hypocrites, who show off their religion but revert to their evil ways at first opportunity. I knew people who would repeat the same doom & gloom stories about Pakistan, how nothing happens without bribes and how they should leave. They migrated to the US and guess what? They were paying bribes to other Pakistanis working in vehicle departments to get their licenses. They brought their filth here.

Investing in Pakistan shouldn't be a charity especially when these industrialists ate from that charity themselves. They benefitted from elite capture they helped set up through their proxies in all political parties. They consumed billions of dollars of subsidies.

I love your answer. Many Pakistani people are selfish. They are to blame for their own problems. They blame the corrupt army, corrupt politicians, corrupt judiciary, but we know where all three recruit from, the very same people.

My problem is that they're hypocrites, who show off their religion but revert to their evil ways at first opportunity. I knew people who would repeat the same doom & gloom stories about Pakistan, how nothing happens without bribes and how they should leave. They migrated to the US and guess what? They were paying bribes to other Pakistanis working in vehicle departments to get their licenses. They brought their filth here.

Yes. The people are similarly part of the problem. It is one big ocean of fvck ups.

They migrated to the US and guess what? They were paying bribes to other Pakistanis working in vehicle departments to get their licenses. They brought their filth here.
Wow, that is scary. Are these for Class-C licenses or for Class-A CDLs? I would think it is much easier to learn to drive, at least for Class-C, than giving a bribe.

Wow, that is scary. Are these for Class-C licenses or for Class-A CDLs? I would think it is much easier to learn to drive, at least for Class-C, than giving a bribe.
It was the basic drivers license for cars. Some of these officials working there, the non-white foreign origin ones take bribes. That's just one story. There are so many unlawful practices others engage in. These people are gaming the system and I feel like reporting them.

It was the basic drivers license for cars.
That is so stupid. Endangering themselves and others instead of spending a few days to learn driving well enough to get a license. It is not like DMV expects you to do any acrobatics or NASCAR type performance. Most 16-year-olds get it on their first attempt.

Many of my relatives who are well off and living in DHA Lahore are leaving Pak for Gulf, North America and Europe and rest are applying jobs in all over the world. This brain drain is real. Pakistanis has never witnessed the pain of this unimaginable inflation and they have lost the hope in the country.

The country was doing Ok just 2 years ago but Bajwa, Nadeem Anjum and now Asim Munir has ruined everything. These Gens are worse than traitors and they are responsible for what millions are suffering.

Back
Top Bottom