What's new

Departure of skilled professionals

If that is the case, why not try to raise money from the diaspora. Sell them prime land near the railways and restructure the national debts? Attract the rich and complement back to run the country themselves.

The following is not my video, but it’s the same idea many people have raised in how to raise the funds on a sustainable basis.

Especially if real estate investment can save the nation.

Btw, Japan railways rents out this kind of land to make their railway operations sustainable and sell tickets at competitive prices.

Why would people in faraway lands buy land near railroad track? How can it be prime if it is near rail tracks? Rail tracks tend to go near unpleasant neighborhoods like old industrial and commercial areas. Now, areas near airports or even seaports may be valuable if someone wants to do business abroad.

Incentives for qualified people abroad to come back and work in Pakistan are need, including free/subsidised plot/car, discount on bills etc.

its the leaders people work for, people leave jobs because of leaders not because of less pay…
same in pakistan, no one wants to work for such crook leaders of pakistan

Why would people in faraway lands buy land near railroad track? How can it be prime if it is near rail tracks? Rail tracks tend to go near unpleasant neighborhoods like old industrial and commercial areas. Now, areas near airports or even seaports may be valuable if someone wants to do business abroad.
If railways are upgraded, they are locations for the most cost effective logistics centers in a country with a large percentage of its population far enough inland, such as Pakistan.

Export grade fruits, vegetables, and meats could be stored in climate controlled faculties near train yards and be transported quickly to the Karachi port for export to the global market.

Railway land, especially near the station can also be prime land for hotels. Many people arrive at Lahore airport and trying to connect to another city can stay at a hotel at th train station and catch the next train to their destination, especially in a country where people are price conscious and connecting flights are hard to come by.

As an intermodal hub, railway stations, with the right investment, can double as bus terminals, and capture more of the hotel, office space market.

Foreign visitors, from many countries, also like railway stations as these areas are in prominent areas of a city, large landmarks, generally have good security, and have good connections to amenities and the nearby airports.

13:00-14:10

Last edited:
If that is the case, why not try to raise money from the diaspora. Sell them prime land near the railways and restructure the national debts? Attract the rich and complement back to run the country themselves.

The following is not my video, but it’s the same idea many people have raised in how to raise the funds on a sustainable basis.

Especially if real estate investment can save the nation.

Btw, Japan railways rents out this kind of land to make their railway operations sustainable and sell tickets at competitive prices.

Yar I raised this issue before.

Investing in real estate will not save Pakistan. Investing in R&D tech is the way to go. Me and millions others made the same mistake.

If railways are upgraded, they are locations for the most cost effective logistics centers in a country with a large percentage of its population far enough inland, such as Pakistan.

Railway land, especially near the station can also be prime land for hotels. Many people arrive at Lahore airport and trying to connect to another city can stay at a hotel at th train station and catch the next train to their destination, especially in a country where people are price conscious and connecting flights are hard to come by.

As an intermodal hub, railway stations, with the right investment, can double as bus terminals, and capture more of the hotel, office space market.

Foreign visitors, from many countries, also like railway stations as these areas are in prominent areas of a city, large landmarks, generally have good security, and have good connections to amenities and the nearby airports.

13:00-14:10
They are all good reasons why railways are attractive. But it may not motivate a person in foreign country to buy and develop these lands. The revenue is most likely not repatriable in foreign currency. Foreigners tend to invest in businesses that can generate attractive returns quickly in a repatriable currency. For a country like Pakistan, the best bet for foreign investment is in export sector. That way, the business does not have to depend on the purchasing power of local people and won't be terribly affected by devaluation.

Yar I raised this issue before.

Investing in real estate will not save Pakistan. Investing in R&D tech is the way to go. Me and millions others made the same mistake.
So why would first gen Pakistani buying real separate actual help the economy. It actual makes land needed to set up industrial plants more expensive.

its the leaders people work for, people leave jobs because of leaders not because of less pay…
same in pakistan, no one wants to work for such crook leaders of pakistan
Actually Pakistanis only care about economic performance. Imran Khan's approval ratings were at a record low due to poor economic and national security performance till he was made into a political martyr

I just cannot thank my God enough for the mercy he has bestowed upon me when many decades ago he bought to me to this country ! I was a very young and naïve boy; He guided me and gave me opportunities in my career that most people can only dream of. I cannot thank my God enough but also I thank this country which looked at my skills and gave me opportunities to thrive.

When after many years I went back to Pakistan for a few days, I realized that I was living in a different Reality, a Reality which was vastly different to countries like Pakistan. I have never looked back; I am a citizen of Australia because it respects me and it respects my family.

PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR LIVES IN THAT CURSED COUNTRY PAKISTAN ! LIFE IS TOO SHORT AND BY THE TIME YOU REALIZE THIS, IT WILL BE GONE !

Last edited:
I just cannot thank my God enough for the mercy he has bestowed upon me when many decades ago he bought to me to this country ! I was a very young and naïve boy; He guided me and gave me opportunities in my career that most people can only dream of. I cannot thank my God enough but also I thank this country which looked at my skills and gave me opportunities to thrive.

When after many years I went back to Pakistan for a few days, I realized that I was living in a different Reality, a Reality which was vastly different to countries like Pakistan. I have never looked back; I am a citizen of Australia because it respects me and it respects my family.

PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR LIVES IN THAT CURSED COUNTRY PAKISTAN ! LIFE IS TOO SHORT AND BY THE TIME YOU REALIZE THIS, IT WILL BE GONE !
You will be dying to go back when closer to retirement.

W
Actually Pakistanis only care about economic performance. Imran Khan's approval ratings were at a record low due to poor economic and national security performance till he was made into a political martyr
ROFL, 5.8% GDP growth third highest in the world during covid time. you are definately as ignorant as bajwa and asim munir...

The stupidity of the military bringing that clown in an Air Force plane will forever haunt the establishment. An economic hit-man with autism is what Ishaq Dar was.

Don't worry the khaki creatures are dreaming of bringing Arabs of Arabs.

Pakistan will pay a very hefty price. Economy is just one. Everyone pays for their sins one or the other way.

Yes, the first-generation expatriate will, but the following generation doesn't have much attachment to the country. Example: Out of us five brothers, only I have business links back home due to marriage with a Pakistani origin spouse. Eventually, I will sell and get out as none of my children want to deal with assets there. It's already happened with my father and other relatives. Many of my clients are in the same boat as well.

Lastly, buying property isn't a sustainable growth model for Pakistan.

We are a second generation community in Europe. Our children third generation. I can already see that my children won't have much interest in Pakistan. We didn't buy property in Pakistan. My parents did. I don't see my children buying anything in Pakistan. It would be a wonder if they visit Pakistan by themselves.

Sorry forgot to address this point. Imran Khan didn't fail to govern Pakistan. He was pretty successful with the cards given to him. The middle class that had faith in him, failed to meet his expectations. The expats also failed to meet his expectations.

Recall IK before in-power and a year into government. His initial speeches painted corrupt politicians as the source of all of Pakistan's problems and throwing them into jail would solve everything. Later, his speeches became more about the duty of every citizen to pay taxes and not endorse corruption. He even held a conference with ulama to encourage society to do good and not support corruption. Why do you think that is?

It's because IK figured out that Pakistani middle class wants a modern western country without having to pay taxes or contribute anything, even good citizen behavior, to attain that utopia. What's going to happen to a country with one of the lowest tax-GDP ratio?

Those same middle class people, including doctors, lawyers, engineers started cursing him. Traders did shutter-down strikes because they wanted to pay zero taxes. They didn't even want to declare their assets. Some started freaking out when FBR sent notices upon finding their bank transactions. Please watch videos with FBR chairman Shabbar Zaidi. It's illuminating.

My point is that the society itself is diseased. They don't even accept haram as haram. They want to pay bribes. They want to appoint their nephew in high places. They want modern infrastructure, good schools, or even fighter aircraft without paying taxes. Yet, they'll happily run from the country for a better life.

Regarding expatriates, IK was thinking that expats would come swooping down with billions of dollars. Actually, he still thinks that right now. Pakistani expats don't care for their country anywhere near as much as Indians do for theirs.

Where is the Pakistan lobby? It was practically nonexistent until IK went to jail and even then, it's just a bunch of ordinary middle class people writing letters. Nothing compared to the Indian lobby which rivals even Israel lobby.

How much funding did expats supporting IK bring? Not even $2.5 billion compared to the who knows how many billions Indians bring to India. Indians help India no matter where they go or whether BJP or Congress is in power. Pakistanis don't give a - about Pakistan even if IK is in charge
You equivocated blame from corrupt politicans and other elites onto middle class that is smart and doesn't want your Anglosaxon bulshif like taxes and restrictive laws. You speak poison when you imply taxes are needed for schools. They already have them! IK is a fg because the middle class see the theft of state wealth creation that isn't them, but the elites. Refrain from equivocating your bulshif again!

Pakistan will pay a very hefty price. Economy is just one. Everyone pays for their sins one or the other way.

We are a second generation community in Europe. Our children third generation. I can already see that my children won't have much interest in Pakistan. We didn't buy property in Pakistan. My parents did. I don't see my children buying anything in Pakistan. It would be a wonder if they visit Pakistan by themselves.

None will visit Pakistan I guarantee you of that. Recent events in a social media-run world didn't put the PDM or establishment in a good light; no matter how much “mo thor Kar jawab dai ga” useless slogans are raised.

Imran Khan whatever his faults acted as a bridge between the East and the West; if they think that fat body Bilawal would attract youth they are mistaken, hah, kusras he will attract but nothing more.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom