What's new

Pakistan's brain drain crisis escalates as thousands leave

Dollars support napak suwars. Only hawala FTW.

They support family and friends. When I sent money to my sibling to pay for house expenses, not to pay the government.

Ordinary people there need money to survive. It helps the economy.

What will happen when those who know how to swim have already jumped off the sinking ship?
The serfs and the feudals

They support family and friends. When I sent money to my sibling to pay for house expenses, not to pay the government.

Ordinary people there need money to survive. It helps the economy.
Don't send foreign currency through official channels

It will be interesting now that the overseas Pakistanis have seen through the plot scam.

This will impact remittances. Already experiencing negative growth.
People who once parked their cash in Bahria or DHA now park in Dubai
The money milking cow is now dry for regime

i used to think brian drain was issue

now i dont

i now wish people the best wherever they go

as long as u keep ur identity and never forget who u are

the reality is that smart people are usually not the gangster/violent types and cannot defeat terrorists

i used to think brian drain was issue

now i dont

i now wish people the best wherever they go
But there is a critical point below which a modern society can't function. For example, there have been a few electrical grid collapses, Pakistan railway is not able to function well, PIA is nearly shutdown. If more skilled people go abroad to survive the financial stress, systems like drinking water, sewerage, telecom systems will start breaking down. Then the country will essentially regress to 19th century like in Somalia, Sudan or Haiti. This is the situation in Lebanon now. It was a nice country just a few years back. Now the electrical grid has completely collapsed. People buy power from neighborhood electric generators at huge cost. (A few have installed solar panels). If Pakistan's grid starts failing frequently, it means the country is in terminal stage from which it is difficult to recover.

But there is a critical point below which a modern society can't function. For example, there have been a few electrical grid collapses, Pakistan railway is not able to function well, PIA is nearly shutdown. If more skilled people go abroad to survive the financial stress, systems like drinking water, sewerage, telecom systems will start breaking down. Then the country will essentially regress to 19th century like in Somalia, Sudan or Haiti. This is the situation in Lebanon now. It was a nice country just a few years back. Now the electrical grid has completely collapsed. People buy power from neighborhood electric generators at huge cost. (A few have installed solar panels). If Pakistan's grid starts failing frequently, it means the country is in terminal stage from which it is difficult to recover.
need to hold cpec accountable

I also blame dual nationality. If you want to be an independent nation, then you have behave like one.

Even China and Japan don't do dual nationality.

I am not American, I do not care about USA.

I also blame dual nationality. If you want to be an independent nation, then you have behave like one.

Even China and Japan don't do dual nationality.

I am not American, I do not care about USA.
What has dual nationality got to do with skilled workers leaving Pakistan? Most people go out to earn a living, not for nationality. Getting a nationality is something that they do after a long time, 10 - 20 years, when they stop thinking about returning home and want to enjoy the rights of a citizen.

Canada seems to be the prime destination for the educated class of Pakistanis.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom