What's new

The Countries Experiencing Doctor Brain Drain

come on , how on anyoplace at earth a medical doctor can become a doctor worthy of the name of Doctor if he is not profecient in english and is able to use tools like pubmed and uptodate and read the textbooks that are in English in more than 90% of the cases

I am not sure how the doctor who treated me learnt his stuff :enjoy:

I would not know here. In theory you could translate medical literature into other languages

Spanish will get you further in mostly the Southwest and Florida, and a few other big cities. Linguistic skills are very important in healthcare. UK found this the hard way when they shut down doctors from the subcontinent expecting German and Italian doctors to fill the gap when it joined the EU. Guess what happened? :D
The guy could work in USA serving Hispanic populations. But can he get past the system to get certifications for foreign doctors ? I am not sure here

I am not sure how the doctor who treated me learnt his stuff :enjoy:

I would not know here. In theory you could translate medical literature into other languages
:hitwall:
:hitwall::bad::bad::bad:

Please not that , the translation is disaster
and then you only knew about old stuff , you see the textbooks are usually 5-10 years old materials not the latest ones .

:hitwall:
:hitwall::bad::bad::bad:

Please not that , the translation is disaster
and then you only knew about old stuff , you see the textbooks are usually 5-10 years old materials not the latest ones .

I see the problem with keeping up to date.
In the past (pre-internet) it took a while for medical information to be disseminated

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom