What's new

A few of my ' favourite things' to do in Pakistan / India

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Given the new regime of easy visas etc I have often wondered that I were given a chance to visit Pakistan ( & I could afford it) , what all would I like to do / see.

I have listed some below , these are in random order.

1. Visit places I have heard my family members speak of where they lived at different times - Quetta, Nowshera, DI Khan, DG khan, Kohat , Bannu. Have pictures of old houses in the cantt. Wonder if those houses still remain.

2 . Places where some relatives ( post marriage) came from - Gujar Khan.

3. Khyber / Bolan Pass - the history of the sub continent was impacted by what came through or did not come through these passes.

4. Lahore fort, town, Nankana Sahab & other Sikh & Hindu shrines. Also Multan - the city of shrines.

5. Eat - every conceivable type of Chicken / mutton dish that's on offer. Not to mention breads.

6. Travel in Pak trains - anywhere to anywhere.

7. Watch Pak theater - plays .

8. Spend as much time possible / permissible in old libraries.

9 . Shop for onyx and the endless list I would be naturally be given.

10. Meet people - just sit in coffee houses or similar places and talk - get to know them.

The wish list could understandably be endless .. if only I can.

Wonder what others would like to do in India / Pakistan.

u wana do so many things...:o?

r u trying to get resident visa cz all the things are not possible in visit visa....

u wana do so many things...:o?

r u trying to get resident visa cz all the things are not possible in visit visa....

Have you ever made a wish list ?

One will be lucky to achieve 30 % of what one wants.

No harm in wishing...

Now that I am wishing.. I'd like to add to my list.

11. Live in a village in Punjab / Sind for a day or two to see & compare our rural lives.

i always wanted to see the indus sites..the cradle for civilization in indian sub continent

i always wanted to see the indus sites..the cradle for civilization in indian sub continent

Moenjodaro

080321mohenjodaro_copy%281%29.jpg

Back
Top Bottom