What's new

Zoroastrian elected to city council in Yazd

Abii

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
sepantaniknam0_20130522_532576732756.jpg

http://yazdinews.ir/SC.php?type=component_sections&id=1&t2=DT&sid=4367

This is impt news b/c the number of people who voted for him were 4 times greater than the whole of the Zoroastrian population of Yazd. His name is Sepanta Niknam.

Iran does have a Zoroastrian member in the parliament, but this is more important b/c according to IRan's constitution, each religous minority must have a representative in the parliament. So basically having a member in the parliament from the zoroastrian community is a forced thing, while Niknam was voted in by the people of Yazd. More importantly he will have a say in the inner workings of his city and he actually has some power.

Edit: can you plz fix my title Era? I pressed enter too fast.

Iran is on the right track. A reformist as the President and more tolerance in the cities. That is great news.

Iran is on the right track. A reformist as the President and more tolerance in the cities. That is great news.

Zoroastrians have always been In the parliament and allowed to run for city council and other elections.

This is nothing new.

When candidate run for office, they don't advertise their religion.

Most likely the people that voted for him didn't even know or care that he is a Zoroastrian.

Iranians vote for competent candidates, no one cares about religion.

Zoroastrians have always been In the parliament and allowed to run for city council and other elections.

This is nothing new.

When candidate run for office, they don't advertise their religion.

Most likely the people that voted for him didn't even know or care that he is a Zoroastrian.

Iranians vote for competent candidates, no one cares about religion.

City council means nothing ! How many zoarastrians were memeber of the guardian council ever ?

City council means nothing ! How many zoarastrians were memeber of the guardian council ever ?

Guardian council is an Islamic organization, Iran being 98% muslims and having an Islamic constitution. Do you expect a zoarastrian to join?

Can a muslim, hindu, zoarastrian, even an atheist ever become the president of united states??

You have to appeal to the majority. common sense.

zoarastrian are protected minority in Parliament and are allowed to run for elections. Iran is 100 steps ahead of other muslim countries.

Guardian council is an Islamic organization, Iran being 98% muslims and having an Islamic constitution. Do you expect a zoarastrian to join?

Can a muslim, hindu, zoarastrian, even an atheist ever become the president of united states??

zoarastrian are protected minority in Parliament and are allowed to run for elections. Iran is 100 steps ahead of other muslim countries.

We currently have a Sikh Prime minister
Previously out of 13 presidents of India, 4 were Muslims and one was Sikh

What a situation,in the original homeland where it began now a mere election of a single candidate is news.Cyrus is turning in his grave.

There is no proof that Cyrus the Great was a Zoroastrian. He certainly never espoused Zoroastrianism or championed its cause. By most accounts the Achaemanid kings became Zoroastrian, or at least espoused Zoroastrianism after the death of Cyrus.

In any case as long as the people of Iran are alive then so is Cyrus and his memory. Religion does not matter.

Really ? Pakistan already had a female Prime Minister.

How many years before you cross that threshold in Iran ?

Stop patting yourself in the back with silly statements.....

In any case as long as the people of Iran are alive then so is Cyrus and his memory. Religion does not matter.

dear shahin, your words are true and i believe it too. but as you said religion does not matter in this issue, why today Religion is more important than everything and an Religious man( if we dont say he is just using of religion as a mask) Must decide about everything and no one can even criticize him? as you said it's not important what was the religion of cyrus the great, he is alive in our memories and Religion does not matter.

I just want to know what's your idea.

dear shahin, your words are true and i believe it too. but as you said religion does not matter in this issue, why today Religion is more important than everything and an Religious man( if we dont say he is just using of religion as a mask) Must decide about everything and no one can even criticize him? as you said it's not important what was the religion of cyrus the great, he is alive in our memories and Religion does not matter.

I just want to know what's your idea.

I am a secular person. Don't care for any religion.

The problem Iran is in today can only be fixed by Iranians.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom